Page 6 of 212 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

sweet +rep baron!

EDIT:

DAMN YOU BARON!!!! i installed and i erased all my mods to my units ;( oh well i can redo them again i suppose ;0
    Last edited by W1Z21; September 28, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

ok i found a bug

when u use all addons but palenthir and play as eridor. if you take aragorn out of bree he looks like frodo...
    -William Wallace

When I play as Gondor, there is in Minas Tirith the Garrison Quarter, but I must build a new Mustering Hall before I can recruit troops. The same with missile troops and cavalry. I've tested it and it's because of the Total Recruitment Script. It is not bad, I only want to tell you this.

But apart from that, your Mod is great! Thank you very much for your work! +rep

Edit: Okay, you must build with all Factions new recruitment buildings.
    Last edited by Scout of Imladris; September 28, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

It seems like great accomplishment. Congratulations!
    To describe my joy, it is like if half of RC/RR had come out. And that would be large ammount of joy.

For next few days I´ll be kinda busy, but I hope to try this compilation at weekend. Just only those possiblities would take some time to go through.
    Time is the killer.

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Scout of Imladris View Post
    When I play as Gondor, there is in Minas Tirith the Garrison Quarter, but I must build a new Mustering Hall before I can recruit troops. The same with missile troops and cavalry. I've tested it and it's because of the Total Recruitment Script. It is not bad, I only want to tell you this.

i dont have any problems recruiting
    -William Wallace

I also have a bug to report, as mentioned above there is a major problem with the total recruitment script. In some cases the script seems to bug out on a save game load and the mustering hall, town watch and their upgrades become useless and must be destroyed and rebuilt.

Also if you are IN the process of building one of these structures to train units and decide to save and quit and come back later, upon reload the buildings will not continue to build (the turns will not decrease) with any amount of turns passed.
    The way around this is to stop building and restart. This poses a problem if you save in the middle of an 8 or 9 turn armory upgrade and you need to stop it and start over. I'm not sure if this has been solved as i pass out from reading forums but its a problem worth looking at and this mod seriously makes me want to re-explore the entire game, so keep up the hard work!

Awsome job great Compilation its compatible wtih other mods at lest the ones i have

Hi there i think there might me bug mistake i am playing isen and suarman has the same abilty as elrond the light of the eldar power aint he supposed t have the abilty which causes infighting amougst enimes also will this ever be made compatiable with the epic campgin mod if so could u give me a way to make it compatiable as i think it would be good mod collabiration i need ot ask permision of the maker but is it possible first.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    Hi there i think there might me bug mistake i am playing isen and suarman has the same abilty as elrond the light of the eldar power aint he supposed t have the abilty which causes infighting amougst enimes also will this ever be made compatiable with the epic campgin mod if so could u give me a way to make it compatiable as i think it would be good mod collabiration i need ot ask permision of the maker but is it possible first.
    Can i opt too one thing? How about itroducing the rule of USE F-ing PUNCTUATION MARKS !!! IS THAT SO HARD ?!?! Quoted post is bearly readable.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Babygod22 View Post
    you won't be able to play the fellowship campaign with this mod right?
    No, I hope it was clear that this compilation isn't designed for the fellowship campaign, but for the normal campaign. I have made this more clear in the OP (see notes). Furthermore I have added the uninstallation files in case anybody wants to play the fellowship campaign again or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    ok i found a bug

when u use all addons but palenthir and play as eridor. if you take aragorn out of bree he looks like frodo...
    I don't see why this could happen since I haven't touched Aragorn. In my campaign he looks perfectly fine:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Proof:

from vanilla:
    Code:
    character Aragorn, named character, male, leader, age 38, x 119, y 248, portrait Aragon, battle_model aragorn, hero_ability The_Flower_of_Chivalry, label strider1 ;Bree
    traits Aragorn 1 , Factionleader 1 , GoodCommander 3 , PublicFaith 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , GoodAttacker 1 , Brave 2 , Just 2 , KindRuler 2 , Loyal 2
    ancillaries king_eriador, elendilmir, anduril, major_bree
    from this compilation
    Code:
    character Aragorn, named character, male, leader, age 38, x 119, y 248, portrait Aragon, battle_model aragorn, hero_ability The_Flower_of_Chivalry, label strider1 ;Bree
    traits Aragorn 1 , Factionleader 1 , GoodCommander 3 , PublicFaith 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , GoodAttacker 1 , Brave 2 , Just 2 , KindRuler 2 , Loyal 2, strong_willed 1
    ancillaries king_eriador, elendilmir, anduril, major_bree

Yup from the intro we have:

Total Recruitment includes a total revamp of the recruitment system in TATW. It changes the way you can recruit the units of your faction's roster. All units will be available from the moment you start your campaign, provided you have the correct buildings. Building more advanced barracks increases the replenish rates of your units, meaning you need less and less turns to be able to recruit them again. All of your settlements start with vanilla barracks, once you play with Total Recruitment these can't be constructed anymore, but instead ''new'' barracks with changed recruitmentpools are available to be constructed. Units take less longer to recruit in castles compared to cities and furthermore they will get +1 experience. Total Recruitment does not include any barracks events.\n\nPress "Accept" if you want to play with Total Recruitment, press "Decline" to play with vanilla recruitment-system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusery View Post
    I also have a bug to report, as mentioned above there is a major problem with the total recruitment script. In some cases the script seems to bug out on a save game load and the mustering hall, town watch and their upgrades become useless and must be destroyed and rebuilt.

Also if you are IN the process of building one of these structures to train units and decide to save and quit and come back later, upon reload the buildings will not continue to build (the turns will not decrease) with any amount of turns passed.
    The way around this is to stop building and restart. This poses a problem if you save in the middle of an 8 or 9 turn armory upgrade and you need to stop it and start over. I'm not sure if this has been solved as i pass out from reading forums but its a problem worth looking at and this mod seriously makes me want to re-explore the entire game, so keep up the hard work!
    I have tested this and it is unfortunately the case that the game can't remember the constructed barracks. Very disappointing for now. I have a solution and that is to make every barracks unique in the EDB. I will make the changes and do some more testing. If I am happy with the results I will update a new bugfixer. To be continued..............

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    Have you played vanilla before? If so then you would have known that both characters have the same ability. Regarding the Epic Campaign; I don't see it being incorporated into this compilation.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Oh. Sorry Baron Samedi. I should read the discribtion in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Can i opt too one thing? How about itroducing the rule of USE F-ing PUNCTUATION MARKS !!! IS THAT SO HARD ?!?! Quoted post is bearly readable.
    yes really sorry about that lol i was half asleep when i wrote that post ill be more careful next time.

When I load a campaign game (all of the scripts you made/combined are enabled) I have to rebuild all military production buildings again, I guess this is because of Total Recruitment?

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Yes, look at my posts before. You can read it in the describtion at the beginning of a campaign.(I didn't see it, too =P) You must build all recruitment building new.

Yes, look at my posts before. You can read it in the describtion at the beginning of a campaign.(I didn't see it, too =P) You must build all recruitment building new.
    Even when you load an old game?

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    ok i found a bug

I dont have this bug. You answered yourself in your previous post when you sad you had your own modifications overwritten, maybe this is why you have this "bug". A question to Baron Samedi: we will only be asked to activate the Sauron script if we play as Mordor, right? P.S.: I have to say that the ability to choose which mods we want to use is one of the coolest features in your pack. Once again, thanks!
    Last edited by paradamed; September 29, 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Libertus

downloaded and going to test for some hours

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

New bugfixer uploaded, which fixes the bug that the game doesn't recognize the recruitment-pools of constructed barracks when loading a previous saved game.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    we will only be asked to activate the Sauron script if we play as Mordor, right?
    Only Mordor (played by human) has the option to unleash Sauron, therefore only when you play with this faction, you will get the option to play with this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Osbada View Post
    downloaded and going to test for some hours
    Please do and don't forget to install the V1.0 bugfixer.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Ahh, all the fun of the immortal Nazgul script without having to do any of the modding yourself... thank you.

I'm still a bit bothered by the Sauron mod, though. Even with the smallest unit sizes, he starts off at unit size 3... and that increases from then on. It's absolute murder for the economy...

Is there any way at all to hardcap the unit at 1 manpower, perhaps? Even better if it could be kept from scaling...

i have a question: is it normal that when i choose to play with arnor from the start (without Total Recruitment) i have to build the recruitment buildings again?

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'