Page 5 of 212 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

+rep

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    but so is useing the palenthir.. because it removes FoW andit says on the first popup dont use a fow remover so HA!!!

Palantir: Mod-Feature

FOW Cheat: Its a cheat. For cheaters.

GG.

As for the mod... its absolutely fantastic
    Loving every minute so far, great job

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Thanks for the responses so far!

I discovered a bug when playing with the palantir script around turn 125 (events were missing from this turn), so I added a bugfixer. See OP for more details.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Well done mate. +rep

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

Hey, could you perhaps add the permanent missile mod (permanent arrows in the ground as well?
    I'n not sure whether it conflicts or not with your mod.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

yes i also have a question regarding compatiabilty i was wanting to use the imported throwing axes from barbarion invasion but i prety sure it will conflict with theese submods as it edits the desr unit and the desr projectile files iam i correct or am i able to use it without screwing up this amzing collection of submods?

Great submod
    Only problem ive found is that some of the sounds have disapeared, like when u click on buildings to que them for construction or when u click on the settlement itself. It might just be im not sure but it only hapened after i instal the submods.

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

Yes my sounds have disappeared as well, I don't hear the sound of archers shooting at all, nor the charge sound etc.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon NL View Post
    Yes my sounds have disappeared as well, I don't hear the sound of archers shooting at all, nor the charge sound etc.

Iv got the same problem, worked fine before the submod but now certain sounds appear to have gone lol

Great Job !!

Great job Baron!!!!!

If the problems with the audio going away is just an isolated incident then I will install the mod.... But if not, then I want to wait for more info to come back in.

Cant wait till it all comes in. It looks amazing!!!!

1. i can confirm the problem with the audio, tho not all the audio...
    2. everything else works great so far, good job!

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon NL View Post
    Hey, could you perhaps add the permanent missile mod (permanent arrows in the ground as well?
    I'n not sure whether it conflicts or not with your mod.
    You will have to make it compatible yourself. You can install all the files of that submod except for the export_descr_unit.txt (EDU). Regarding this file you need to follow the instructions from the throwing-axe submod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

b. For TATW 2.1 submod
    The same way as no submod, copy the files except export_descr_unit.txt. Then open export_descr_unit.txt and find axethrowers, and find the line " stat_pri 9, 2, quality_thrown_axe, 50, 4, thrown, missile_mechanical, slashing, spear, 0, 1 " And open export_descr_unit.txt of your TATW submod, find the same line, change the two places in purple and save file, backup first.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    yes i also have a question regarding compatiabilty i was wanting to use the imported throwing axes from barbarion invasion but i prety sure it will conflict with theese submods as it edits the desr unit and the desr projectile files iam i correct or am i able to use it without screwing up this amzing collection of submods?
    See above and read the OP of that submod.

Regarding the sfx sound I have no real solution for now. Even when I play with the sound-files of patch 2.1, I get no sfx sound when clicking and scrolling between settlements. My suggestion for now is to delete the following files in:...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\sounds:

• events.dat
    • events.idx
    The game should rebuild these files when you start a new game (same as instruction in OP of AUM-submod).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Make a backup of the following files found in /data of the TATW folder
    - export_descr_unit.txt
    - export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    - export_descr_buildings.txt
    - text/export_units.txt
    - unit_models/battle_models.modeldb
    - sounds/events.dat
    - sounds/events.idx
    2. Copy the data folder of AUM 2.0 and paste it in the TATW folder
    3. When asked to override say yes
    4. Delete events.dat and events.idx in the sounds folder

Plz let me know if this will bring the sfx sound back.

Edit: are all voice sounds also gone???
    Edit2: played some custom battles and voices seem to be fine, so its only some sfx-sounds
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; September 28, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I just downloaded the compilation. Thank you very much! I will install right now. Im eagerly awaiting for the immortal heroes. Just a suggestion, maybe you could also add some other mods like the axe projectile mod and LL heroes mod.

Thank you Baron for your work, also considering permanent projectiles mod: my minimod i brewed some time ago should be compatible with this mod Compilation. I devised my mod to be compatible with AUM mod and since yours already contain this...

In any case of wondering, Install barons compilation, then permanent projectile minimod but without export_descr_unit.txt , all should be fine. I'll try to update my minimod to be fully compatible with this compilation.

Supota's Avatar Laetus

Ah, i love this one =)) works fine, though i have these soundproblems too, but nothing distractive IMO.

And i may i suggest the mod where cavarly charges are made more effective? Canīt remember itīs name, but i remember browsing that one in these forums. That would be really nice, cause the charge of heavy cavarly just seems kinda... fruitless should i say

ps. i would +rep you if i knew how?!? -.-

got a suggestion for ya
    I think you should strengthen the cavalry charge, I think there's alread a mod for it.

And is there anyway that the unit's stat could be like the Real Combat mod of Stainless steel? The defense stat of the fully armoured from head to toe Rhun cataphract is 15, while the oviously less armoured Swan knights defense is 18, unaceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Thank you Baron for your work, also considering permanent projectiles mod: my minimod i brewed some time ago should be compatible with this mod Compilation. I devised my mod to be compatible with AUM mod and since yours already contain this...

In any case of wondering, Install barons compilation, then permanent projectile minimod but without export_descr_unit.txt , all should be fine. I'll try to update my minimod to be fully compatible with this compilation.
    Thanks for the explanation mate! I will consider to include your work for the next patch, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Supota View Post
    Ah, i love this one =)) works fine, though i have these soundproblems too, but nothing distractive IMO.

And i may i suggest the mod where cavarly charges are made more effective? Canīt remember itīs name, but i remember browsing that one in these forums. That would be really nice, cause the charge of heavy cavarly just seems kinda... fruitless should i say

ps. i would +rep you if i knew how?!? -.-
    Post a link and I will take a look and consider it. You need 25 posts and been registered for a week (or something like this in order to give rep, but don't worry about it, its all good mate

Ok I fixed the sound problem. It was the case there weren't sfx-sound files in Med 2 vanilla, so I extracted these back and voila let there be SFX sound in TATW (luckily I have some knowledge in modding music )!

If you will download and install the new uploaded ''bugfixer'' in the OP, all will be fine! It will also be save-game compatible if am not mistaken. Sorry for the inconvenience and ty for reporting the problem. If there are more bugs I will eliminate them Baron-style!
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; September 28, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Supota's Avatar Laetus

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi;8169755
    Post a link and I will take a look and consider it. [/QUOTE]

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=377328

Itīs that one, i think the file for improved charge is attached there, but cause Iīm sucha newb, i have no idea what to do whit it/equip/mount it

Edit: I somehow messed up that quote thing aswell... gaah, need some time to get used to this foruming....

you won't be able to play the fellowship campaign with this mod right?