Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1

Baron once again i have to say that this really rocks!!! With the combination of all these improvements this mod will become brand new "gameplay" wise!! This and the imminent realease of FROME will be the reasons for me to play T.AGE again!! Thank you is not enough...

Have you considered adding Skeleton of the West's Expanded Map mod when he finishes it or what there is of Aikanar's Lore Mod? (I'm missing Middle-Earth enhanced pretty bad if you can't tell)

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

great job Baron cant wait to try this out!!
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

Really cant wait for this mod to come out, all the badass features it adds both great and small are just gonna be fantastic to play with

Amazing work you're doing mate

good stuff man. you made my day.

Best thing about this mod is choice; it lets you play with all, some or none of the features, handy for players who for example want to have the diplomacy mod active but dont want to put up with immortal Nazgul, so thankyou for that

Out of curiosity when do you think it will be released? No rush whatsoever I was just wondering because Im going on holiday soon.

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

any new progress with this baron?
    -William Wallace

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by brownypoints View Post
    I really hope this submod collection can be made compatible with RRRC2.1 (when that comes out)
    I highly doubt this, but never so no.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Patriot View Post
    Baron once again i have to say that this really rocks!!! With the combination of all these improvements this mod will become brand new "gameplay" wise!! This and the imminent realease of FROME will be the reasons for me to play T.AGE again!! Thank you is not enough...
    You make me ....

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ducce View Post
    Have you considered adding Skeleton of the West's Expanded Map mod when he finishes it or what there is of Aikanar's Lore Mod? (I'm missing Middle-Earth enhanced pretty bad if you can't tell)
    Regarding the expanded map, I can't say anything sensible about it.
    Regarding ME-lore mod, I am only interested in the reforging-concept actually which is currently further being worked on by Louis Lux and me (the concept currently implemented into this compilation is still WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    any new progress with this baron?
    O hell yeah! Check this out:

I have been working on my latest addition for this compilation and it is the palantir submod originally developed by Theodotos I (I still need his permission though). It goes like this: the script I developed for it will monitior on pre-set time intervals (I was thinking about every 25 turns) if a certain character of your faction has the palantir in his possession. If this is the case you will be presented the option the use the palantir (this is totally your own choice). If you decide to use it, you will be able to see for a limited amount of time whole ME (this happens the next turn). The turn after this event everything will be normal and fow is set back. With visual aid:

Choos to play with the palantir:

Denethor acquires the palantir:

You will be given the choice to use the palantir

Next turn you will see whole ME accompanied by a epic event:

Next turn everything will be normal again:

Hope everyone likes this idea.
    This really will be the last add-on for version 1.0. So no worries about the release-time. It will happen soon!
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; September 25, 2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Icon5 Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    O hell yeah! Check this out:

I have been working on my latest addition for this compilation and it is the palantir submod originally developed by Theodotos I (I still need his permission though). It goes like this: the script I developed for it will monitior on pre-set time intervals (I was thinking about every 25 turns) if a certain character of your faction has the palantir in his possession. If this is the case you will be presented the option the use the palantir (this is totally your own choice). If you decide to use it, you will be able to see for a limited amount of time whole ME (this happens the next turn). The turn after this event everything will be normal and fow is set back. With visual aid:

Choos to play with the palantir:

Denethor acquires the palantir:

You will be given the choice to use the palantir

Next turn you will see whole ME accompanied by a epic event:

Next turn everything will be normal again:

Hope everyone likes this idea.
    This really will be the last add-on for version 1.0. So no worries about the release-time. It will happen soon!
    but dosent it say in the opening popup that "using powers to lift the FoW will destroy you" or somthing along those lines?
    -William Wallace

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    but dosent it say in the opening popup that "using powers to lift the FoW will destroy you" or somthing along those lines?
    It says someone might be watching too. Maybe next turn a full stack commanded by Sauron will be on your city doorstep............

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

nahh I was thinking out loud for once

Btw suggestions are always welcome!
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

well i did this to my campaign for alot action i changed it so u can recruit up to 9 units a turn per city no matter the size.... it makes HUGE battles by about turn 30 on VH... i also mod the money so all factions have ~8-14 million it sounds cheap or dumb but trust me its ALOT of fun.. i also made it so everything can be recruited within 2 turns. i can send you the .txts since i already did them to save you about 3 hours of work. and you can edit them if you wish. i turned TATW from a slow 100+ turn to build up 1 or 2 good stacks and fighting to building dozens of high tier stacks fight and trying not to die.. it really is hell.

[spelling edit]
    -William Wallace

hmmm would it be possible if you used the palantir, that there could be a ramdom chance for a stack to appear? or would that not be possible game wise?

Also what about a trait is given to the general who uses it?... maybe scars his mentally for life and gets negative popularity +frear or what not... I mean infact would it be possible for the use of the palantir to give off a trait from a set made list and is randomly chosen?.. so you never know if it will be good or bad...

this is just random brainstorm.. but if any of the above is possible id give it a thumbs up in my campaign!

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    hmmm would it be possible if you used the palantir, that there could be a ramdom chance for a stack to appear? or would that not be possible game wise?

Also what about a trait is given to the general who uses it?... maybe scars his mentally for life and gets negative popularity +frear or what not... I mean infact would it be possible for the use of the palantir to give off a trait from a set made list and is randomly chosen?.. so you never know if it will be good or bad...

this is just random brainstorm.. but if any of the above is possible id give it a thumbs up in my campaign!
    id say it would give a fear or athority and maybe command since you can see your enemies before they see you.. you can prepare for battle.
    -William Wallace

Campidoctor

Very nice idea indeed Baron, but as said, i think there should be a penalty for using the Palantir!
    ex. (if it's even possible) if you use it there'll be a chance of Denethor dying () or loosing alot of command, traits, loyalty, or even spawning on Mordors side
    Overall, a chance of getting a penalty

The penalty is the loss of 3 command to whoever has it, so its best to you know. Make that general the one who fights.

Can it be destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Agentdiaz View Post
    Can it be destroyed?
    You can also choose to not use it.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I like the palantir idea. I also like the idea of immortal heroes. It is just like they were severely wounded and come back after they are fully healed. Fighting without heroes is not as fun as when they are in a battle.

Libertus

I agree with the people who think there should be a penalty for using the palantir, maybe a trait which basicly says "hes seen what the enemy wants him to see" or something along those lines coupled with a loss to authority and loyalty.
    Also how many palantirs is there in the mod?

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

i prolly wont use the palentir because i would rather use toggle_fow than give my generals bad traits...
    -William Wallace