Page 14 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Nah, sup, i mean, it doesnt even come up.. Normal general fine, but anybody with special ability, the battle ui, screwed up. Its not white as others have said but.. If i only knew how to take a picture...

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Nah, sup, i mean, it doesnt even come up.. Normal general fine, but anybody with special ability, the battle ui, screwed up. Its not white as others have said but.. If i only knew how to take a picture...
    Simple.
    Press PrintScreen
    Go to paint
    Save your pic
    Upload it to ImageShack
    Put it here .
    "Τίποτα δεν είναι αληθινό, όλα επιτρέπονται."

My political profile.

Can someone enlighten me as to how the "Army Upkeep" expense is calculated?
    At the start of a VH/VH High Elf game I added up all of the costs of units not covered by "Free Upkeep" and came up with a cost of roughly 1100. However, the "Army Upkeep" shows 2500. Is there an additional expense scripted into the game that is not shown in the financial report?

You can see it now..

Look at the bottom right hand corner.. Thast the problem...

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ELB27 View Post
    i mean, play the fellowship campaign like you always play it but still have the option to play a third age campaign and play with the compilation
    You might want to keep a ''fresh'' install of TATW in a seperate folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulcose View Post
    Would it be possible to release a frome compatible version???
    Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker0815 View Post
    Hi,

I've got a little problem with the total recruitment funcitonality in this compilation. Starting with the second round, the free upkeep garrison slots are no longer active. Is this an intended behaviour, or an known/unkown bug? It occured on two different clean TA-installations on different machines.

Greetings and thanks in advance for your reply.
    If you have read the starting description of Total Recruitment, you will read that in case you play with this submod, you have to build new barracks. In other words: the starting barracks in your settlements are of no use anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by uzzui View Post
    When will you release the second version?
    Very soon. I will have to fix some bugs and then it will be ready to be released and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by alexis666 View Post
    the additional unit submod(AUM) as far as i know modifies some high elven units. this modification doesn't exist in my game despite that all the new units of the submod are fine so razor's eldar modification is missing.plz give me the apropriate file..
    yes! everything in the aum submod work fine except that the elves are not razor's
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Baron did not implemented Razor's upgrades. He just copied new units entries. Pitty though

Anyways. I have a bit problem, my spies and assassins no longer gain experience after 1-st barrack event.
    Does anyone know in what files agent entries exists?
    I only wanted the new units from AUM, not any modifications to vanilla units. If you want to play with these changes, you have to use a programm like WinMerge and compare the EDU of this compilation with the EDU of AUM. Then just copy the different entries from AUM to the EDU of this compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackhead View Post
    My game is running a lot slower since I installed this mod. Is there any reason for this? :/
    This compilation adds a lot of new features (mostly via scripts), which aren't present in vanilla, therefore it will be slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnior View Post
    If you mean that the turn duration is much longer, than yeah that's right. Every turn the engine loads the scripts, so how more scripts, how longer the turn duration.

See here for more info: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394357.

For quick insight, Baron Samedi shows in that thread this pic:
    That's right the campaign script is almost twice as big as vanilla, so therefore the A.I. turns will be much slower. The results do come from a low-end computer though, so please keep this in mind.

is there a way can get erazor's eldar modification along with this submod??i am sure it is easy but i hve no idea in doing this
    see my explanation above.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    I have found some bugs for the game

-A factions barracks can randomly become worthless , you have to build a new barrack for each discipline again, as the original does not function.

- Effect sounds do not work sometimes.
    see my post about Total Recruitment above....
    Regarding sfx sounds, did you also installed the V1.0 bugfixer? If so, tell me what kind of sounds you are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Thanks supe..

-A factions barracks can randomly become worthless , you have to build a new barrack for each discipline again, as the original does not function.

I have noticed that. Although i have it working at last, they even try to siege me and it doesnt crash but when i try to use the speciall ability on the battlemap, the UI, is all ****** up.. After a while it goes away but, i can only do the normal rally call... As soon as we fix one thread, another comes undone.... lol
    Doesn't seem a bug caused by this compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderKnuckles View Post
    Can someone enlighten me as to how the "Army Upkeep" expense is calculated?
    At the start of a VH/VH High Elf game I added up all of the costs of units not covered by "Free Upkeep" and came up with a cost of roughly 1100. However, the "Army Upkeep" shows 2500. Is there an additional expense scripted into the game that is not shown in the financial report?
    No absolutely not. You also have to add up the upkeep of characters/generals. Regular = 250, Glorfindels/Elronds Bodyguard = 310, for each turn.

Preview of the last feature I will implement for this compilation (I wanted to implement this one badly ):
    I give you the option when you play as a good faction to counter any invasion on a city of a good faction. When an invasion launched you will get option to help. When you accept --> preparations will be made. When the evil forces arrive at their destination and siege the invasion target, reinforcements will spawn under you command and ready to defeat the evil forces (it will cost some money to raise the army). If the invasion ends (whether you have succeeded or not), any reinforcements left will be disbanded.

Choose to play with the counter invasion feature:

Invasion is launched on Edoras (O what a surprise!):

Ah why dont we give a little help:

Oh yes we made it in time, lets kick some orc-ass:

To bad we couldn't help

There is always a next time (hopefully):

Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Xerdun's Avatar Miles

"Play With Sauron?". Was I the only one slightly amused ?

Can't wait to install this mod when I finally get a machine capable of playing this mod

Against the power that has arisen in the East, there can be no victory.

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    You might want to keep a ''fresh'' install of TATW in a seperate folder.

Not going to happen.

If you have read the starting description of Total Recruitment, you will read that in case you play with this submod, you have to build new barracks. In other words: the starting barracks in your settlements are of no use anymore.

Very soon. I will have to fix some bugs and then it will be ready to be released and tested.

I only wanted the new units from AUM, not any modifications to vanilla units. If you want to play with these changes, you have to use a programm like WinMerge and compare the EDU of this compilation with the EDU of AUM. Then just copy the different entries from AUM to the EDU of this compilation.

This compilation adds a lot of new features (mostly via scripts), which aren't present in vanilla, therefore it will be slower.

That's right the campaign script is almost twice as big as vanilla, so therefore the A.I. turns will be much slower. The results do come from a low-end computer though, so please keep this in mind.

see my explanation above.....

see my post about Total Recruitment above....
    Regarding sfx sounds, did you also installed the V1.0 bugfixer? If so, tell me what kind of sounds you are missing.

Doesn't seem a bug caused by this compilation.

No absolutely not. You also have to add up the upkeep of characters/generals. Regular = 250, Glorfindels/Elronds Bodyguard = 310, for each turn.

Preview of the last feature I will implement for this compilation (I wanted to implement this one badly ):
    I give you the option when you play as a good faction to counter any invasion on a city of a good faction. When an invasion launched you will get option to help. When you accept --> preparations will be made. When the evil forces arrive at their destination and siege the invasion target, reinforcements will spawn under you command and ready to defeat the evil forces (it will cost some money to raise the army). If the invasion ends (whether you have succeeded or not), any reinforcements left will be disbanded.

Choose to play with the counter invasion feature:

Invasion is launched on Edoras (O what a surprise!):

Ah why dont we give a little help:

Oh yes we made it in time, lets kick some orc-ass:

To bad we couldn't help

There is always a next time (hopefully):

i think ill delete the "end renforcements after envasion" line
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

your latest update looks sweet

i am really sorry but i don't understand....i have no idea from such things what is the the edu and winmerge??can you give me a more detailed explanation? or you can send me the modified file.......

i am really sorry but i don't understand....i have no idea from such things what is the the edu and winmerge??can you give me a more detailed explanation? or you can send me the modified file.......
    EDU = the Export Descr Unit file..

Winmerge is a program which lays to wordsfiles next to eachother and figures out the differences..
    you must copy the difference of the EDU file from the AUM mod into the EDU file of the Baron compilation.. you'll probably have to overwrite some of the data in the baron compilation aswell.. but if you see it.. you'll get it

i did it and in custom battles the high elves are razor's!!!!!!!! now i will test it in the campaign!! thnks!!!!!!!!

I do seem to be missing the battle.sd file. Do you think that would have something to do with it? If so, has anybody got it? I dont fancy having to go through another hour of installing it again (My pc, is sick and dying methinks)

i did it and in custom battles the high elves are razor's!!!!!!!! now i will test it in the campaign!! thnks!!!!!!!!
    no problem let me know if it worked

Thanks for the reply Baron Samedi! I didn't really think my laptop was that low end really, but I can imagine that it does perform a lot slower than a desktop would. Hopefully I shall buy my i5 760 build sooner rather than later. ^_^

the counter invasion feature is truly awesome! i got some questions though:
    1. how much it will cost to make those reinforcements?
    2. if the evil factions wont arrive to their destinations, will i still lose money?
    3. what profits do i get if i succeeded?

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'

I think:

1. They are free, you need to pay only upkeep.
    2. Upkeep per turn.
    3. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoler View Post
    I think:

1. They are free, you need to pay only upkeep.
    2. Upkeep per turn.
    3. Nothing.
    maybe some unique ancillaries would be cool gondor helping rohan > shield of rohan for gondor, rohan helping gondor > shield of gondor for rohan.. etc could be nice

So true! Baron Samedi, do you know how to add ancillaries? patrician1 has some nice one

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ELB27 View Post
    the counter invasion feature is truly awesome! i got some questions though:
    1. how much it will cost to make those reinforcements?
    2. if the evil factions wont arrive to their destinations, will i still lose money?
    3. what profits do i get if i succeeded?
    1. 2,5 G
    2. Only if they siege the invasion-target, will make the reinforcements spawn and reduce your treasury.
    3. For now: nothing

Quote Originally Posted by patrician1 View Post
    maybe some unique ancillaries would be cool gondor helping rohan > shield of rohan for gondor, rohan helping gondor > shield of gondor for rohan.. etc could be nice
    Nice idea, but right now the general who leads the reinforcements will also dissappear after the invasion is over.

V 2.0 is RELEASED. See OP for details.

Have fun!

Baron Samedi
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb