Page 11 of 212 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Raider128 View Post
    I am sorry to be such a pain

But i do really wish to play this mod, if anyone can just say anything that may help me with my problem, even if it does not get fixed i would be grateful.
    try to first extract to desktop and then manually copy paste them into the folder.. i'm almost sure it will work

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by patrician1 View Post
    try to first extract to desktop and then manually copy paste them into the folder.. i'm almost sure it will work

Thank you i will try that

Thank you i will try that
    let me know if it works

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bund weicher Birnen View Post
    Hey Baron Samedi
    When Point Black has finished his version of RC&RR for TATW one day...would you make then your compilation compitable with PB's RC&RR ??
    Many of the features that are present in this compilation are also present in RR/RC, but I have perfected many of these features with my own improvements. I personally like the ''RC-part'', so I might make a compatible EDU-version. No promises though, we will see what the future brings us.

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    Baron i have an idea how about on turn 50 or so a movie plays and make the attack on helms deep happen like spawn an army of uruk-hai (swordsmen, pikemen, and archers full stack) an also spawn rohan a half stack of merc elves a litte ways away and half the "march" to rohans aid .. idk it was just a thought
    I am planning to develop and implement missions, but I will start working on this after I have worked on some other features, but thanks for posting suggestions like these. I will collect them all.

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    ///

May i suggest Germanicu5 mods (www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=304850) to be part of your compilation as well.

///
    It was suggested earlier by somebody else and I already asked for his permission some time ago, but he doesn't seem active anymore. So I can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alexis666 View Post
    is this compatible with kaiser lotrmusic submod??
    Most likely not since it should change the events.dat & idx-files (I can't find his thread anymore, does anybody has a link, so I can check this?). Anyways AUM changes these files so the new included units have sounds. If you read my music tutorial you should be able to make them compatible, by extracting all the sounds en rebuilding the events.dat & idx-files in:...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\sounds

Hi, i think i am doing something wrong

I am the mod 2.1 version and downloaded this main download and bugfix.

When i try to extract the files to the folder it says to extract to, it says something like "Cannot create blablaetcetc file" So i press ok and it keeps going but every time i press ok a new one comes up, so im forced to hold the ESC button until it stops. i did that for both the main download and bug fix just to check, started the game up, played the campaign for 10 turns and nothing changed, never got any messages.

I tried uninstalling Third age total war and re-installing, it worked. Then tried this mod again, and i have the same problem.

It looks like a great mod and I'd love to use it, i never made an account here but i did just to post this question, i hope its fixable
    Did you use winrar to extract the files from the download? If so try extracting into another folder and manually copy and paste the new created file in ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age

Quote Originally Posted by ArmeniaEmpire View Post
    I need help! 2 questions
    How do I change Aragon's bodyguard to mounted horse?
    After 2 turns, my Aragon campaign model magically changed to a hobbit? what the?
    I need to fix those two asap because I want to play it now!
    Your first question you should ask in the mod workshop.
    Your second question refers to an already known bug. This will be fixed in het new version that I will release in the near future.

New preview:
    Since the current setting for the elves in vanilla isn't exactly realistic (they weren't seeking for war and wanted to leave ME, so the current settlement growth-mechanic isn't a adequate representation of their situation), patrician1 and I decided to develop and implement a new feature for everyone who wants to play with the elves. Initially the elves will leave your starting settlements (based on random chance), but as you perform better in your campaign the more elves will believe they have the power to resist the evil forces in ME. So improving your overall campaign ranking will decrease the possibility that the elves leave to the West. Once all the elves have decided to stay you will receive certain rewards (for instance an economic boost, etc.). There 5 different stages representing different probabilities (from high to low) for the elves leaving your settlements. During the campaign you will be on regular base informed at which stage you are (actually it will be triggered once the elves leave). If you reach the last stage all the elves will stay.

Choose to play with the feature:

First stage:

Second stage:

Fourth stage:

Final stage and all elves will stay:

Last edited by Baron Samedi; October 06, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Nice idea! It will make playing with the elves really more realistic!

let me know if it works
    It did work!

Thank you again

May I sugest diffrent titles for elven passing stages? to be more lore-coresponding?
    1-st stage: Elven time has ended. Wo choose to sail West.
    2-nd: A small shift in the winds. Hope is borne.
    3-rd: A morning breeze. Clouds are fading.
    4-th: Winds of change. Middleearth is shifting.
    5-th: Dominion of Dark is ending. We will honour old alliances.

Don't know if it can be fitted with such font. haven't touched any event tutorial yet

BIG thumbs up for your work Baron. U have skils

It did work!

Thank you again
    good to hear @ baron maybe titles work..1 the time of the elves is ending2 the shadow is not yet upon us..3 even in darkness, light remains4 a new sun is rising on middle earth5 may the free people of ME rejoice, the elves are ready for war maybe this instead of those steps i talked about

Libertus

Finally something which acurately represents the elves, great work Baron.1 question though, is it tied into the reforging of the elven realms?
    I mean is it a condition that you have to stop the elves from leaving in order to reforge the realm, it would be nice if it was.

if correctly its not tied but it works together.. you work on reforging and while reforging, less and less elves will leave.. but both the scripts are seperated to choose and therefor not connected by conditions

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    May I sugest diffrent titles for elven passing stages? to be more lore-coresponding?
    1-st stage: Elven time has ended. Wo choose to sail West.
    2-nd: A small shift in the winds. Hope is borne.
    3-rd: A morning breeze. Clouds are fading.
    4-th: Winds of change. Middleearth is shifting.
    5-th: Dominion of Dark is ending. We will honour old alliances.

Don't know if it can be fitted with such font. haven't touched any event tutorial yet

BIG thumbs up for your work Baron. U have skils
    good to hear @ baron maybe titles work..1 the time of the elves is ending2 the shadow is not yet upon us..3 even in darkness, light remains4 a new sun is rising on middle earth5 may the free people of ME rejoice, the elves are ready for war maybe this instead of those steps i talked about
    Thanks for the suggestions. I can change the even descriptions very easily, so it won't be a problem for me to change them to something more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by -o¿o- View Post
    Finally something which acurately represents the elves, great work Baron.1 question though, is it tied into the reforging of the elven realms?
    I mean is it a condition that you have to stop the elves from leaving in order to reforge the realm, it would be nice if it was.
    As patrician explained no. However I was thinking about incorporating it into the elven reforging-concept, but I changed my mind about it. I think it is better for the player to decide with which features he wants to play with. But if you play with the elven reforging-concept, you should also play with this feature since they are highly complementary in many ways and should make the setting for the elves much more realistic.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

With your two scripts and Louis Lux's Elven-Re-Development, it will be perfect!

All these mods put together is simply amazing, and it has been a lot of fun!

Is there anyway one of the mods that add new factions will work with these ?

All these mods put together is simply amazing, and it has been a lot of fun!

Is there anyway one of the mods that add new factions will work with these ?
    no that just won't work atm.. you must look at it this way.. al mods that make big changes are probably not compatible.. unless especially created for this purpose

Thanks for the quick answer

Thats understandable, I have never been a very knowledgeable person when it comes to mods .

But i like this one alot, that at the moment theres no need to play as new factions anyway

Thanks for the quick answer

Thats understandable, I have never been a very knowledgeable person when it comes to mods .

But i like this one alot, that at the moment theres no need to play as new factions anyway
    well it just has to do with the files overwriting eachother.. if both mods use the same file.. the second deletes the first and errors appear.. as simple as that

indeed this mod is great

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    New preview:
    Since the current setting for the elves in vanilla isn't exactly realistic (they weren't seeking for war and wanted to leave ME, so the current settlement growth-mechanic isn't a adequate representation of their situation), patrician1 and I decided to develop and implement a new feature for everyone who wants to play with the elves. Initially the elves will leave your starting settlements (based on random chance), but as you perform better in your campaign the more elves will believe they have the power to resist the evil forces in ME. So improving your overall campaign ranking will decrease the possibility that the elves leave to the West. Once all the elves have decided to stay you will receive certain rewards (for instance an economic boost, etc.). There 5 different stages representing different probabilities (from high to low) for the elves leaving your settlements. During the campaign you will be on regular base informed at which stage you are (actually it will be triggered once the elves leave). If you reach the last stage all the elves will stay.

Choose to play with the feature:

First stage:

Second stage:

Fourth stage:

Final stage and all elves will stay:

were's the 3rd stage at????
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    were's the 3rd stage at????
    i think the third stage isn't in because it's the same as the 2 & 4

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

This new addition about the elves looks interesting! I would suggest that you do it only for the High Elves though, as the Wood-elves weren't so eager to leave their forests yet.

Thats for the High Elves, I guess...