Thread: 1.07 patch BI or alex?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default 1.07 patch BI or alex?

will i loose some benefits, changes or game expiriences if i play this patch on BI exe?
    i think the AI is behaving good enought with Bi exe and i think a little bit inconfortable playing medieval mod with alex exe(i know its stupid) and it seems to me that the rebels are much more warlike when using BI exe(they try to conquere my cities not just defending their lands)i noticed that the patch inslude alex trats file.is there inckuded something new what i could miss playing 1.07 on BI exe?
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; September 17, 2010 at 04:36 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: 1.07 patch BI or alex?

No, you won't miss anything.

The separate Alx traits file contains 1 trait which is technically needed to play ChivTW on Alx, that's all.

and it seems to me that the rebels are much more warlike when using BI exe(they try to conquere my cities not just defending their lands)
    Hmm, the named independent factions (slave factions or some call them altogether "rebels") should do that as well if ChivTW is played on Alx exe, interesting that you note a difference there, speaks for the BI exe ( iirc, it's also due if played on RTW exe ).
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 17, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

thanks for your answer, i decide to continue plaing on BI exe with new patch, i have played only one campaign on alex exe (english one) but i really felt the diference because i had played the same campaign on BI exe before(with the same dificulty - Hard/hard or knight/knight), therefore i reinstaled chivalry on BI exe again about RTW exe i dont know i have never tryed to play chivalry on it

Patrician Artifex

Ok, BI exe was always the reference, Alx support was added as for requests by players.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I have a question: You recommend large unit size because on huge, the AI empties it's towns. Does the AI handle that better with Alex, so that I can play on huge (I really want to play with huge units)?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

For as far as I know; no. Large is still recommended even on Alex.

Patrician Artifex

Right, there won't be a difference in this regard.

Also, not only that the AI empties its settlements, it is as well more fitting from the historical view to play on Large (max ... in principle Medium would fit for this period good as well). Actually in this era of our mod, battles with x-thousands of men were the very exception, those rare huge battles are written down in our history books, and can be counted with the fingers of one hand.

Another question: Playing Rome (Byzantines), I conquered Nikaia and I can't build all religious buildinmgs, and the only way to change the official religion I found was to build the martial law building. Is there another way ?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    Another question: Playing Rome (Byzantines), I conquered Nikaia and I can't build all religious buildinmgs, and the only way to change the official religion I found was to build the martial law building. Is there another way ?
    This is hopeless offtopic to the thread-title. Please repeat your question outside of this thread (just a new thread or search for similar threads, and you can be sure there are already threads about the point ).