Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Towns with all chain slots + religion buildings

Default Towns with all chain slots + religion buildings

Town with all chain slots

Trying to add some religion buildings for Ottomans, I found how I could increase the available chain slots for towns. As you know there are 2 building chains in every town slot in Napoleon (5 in Empire). For example in town_intellectual you have available to build a chain of education or secret buildings. This makes very difficult the economic growth and research development since some factions (especially the smaller) luck of some slots e.g. town_industrial. So, I made this mod that delivers all available chain slots in towns (totally 6). In this way in every town you can choose to establish whatever building chain you like. For example in a town-commercial except the commerce and supply chains now you have available to choose alsoamong education, secret, factory and guns chains. All buildings have the normal effects and can be fully upgraded.

Town with all chain slots plus religion buildings

Some factions like Ottomans, it is almost impossible to occupy regions since they face constant riots. In this beta mod I've added islamic and orthodox religious buildings. There is one more deference than the mod above. Campaign hud has enough space only for 6 building icons. If more building chains are added they are invisible. So I had to replace one and that was the secret chain in town_intellectual. That means that you can build religious buildings only in town_intellectual and secret in any other (commercial or industrial). I call it beta because the Imam's icon in hud is blank. Other than that the mod works fine.

In this mod is included the ability of spawning scholars and assassins for Ottomans thanks to md1453's work. I've also added imams.

Installation:

Download the attached Town_Slots.7z and extract it on your desktop. Open Town_Slots folder and copy town_all_slots.pack or town_all_slots_plus_rel.pack in your game's data folder. You cannot use both the same time! The second one is useful only if you play as Ottomans or Russia. In any case copy also town_all_loc.pack for names, texts, etc. None of them needs activation, just place them in game's data folder.

If you use another _loc pack, you can add the necessary lines. Open town_all_loc.pack, export as TSV and copy the rows after 33.024. Paste them in
    your _loc file.

Last edited by husserlTW; September 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM.

Default Re: Towns with all chain slots + religion buildings

Great Work, testing it

With the changes you made via religion, do the buildings and units associated with the change have similar functions/abilities to their intended purpose? For example: conversion ability.

Good work on unlocking the building chains.
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

Yes they do (exactly not similar ).

First at all, thank you for your work. Your mods improve the game greatly.

Two questions:
    1.) If my friend an me use this mod, can we play multiplayer?

2.) Will the AI use the new features as well, or only human players get an advantage?

Many thanks in advance.

Answer is yes both.

Thank you for your fast reply.
    I will play both of your mods (NTF) with my mate at weekend!

Default suggestions

The mod is great. But you can build too many educational institutions.
    The advantage for bigger countries ist too huge, because they gain technology much too fast.
    For balancing it might be better to restrict this type of building like vanilla.
    The mod makes countries like Denmark playable, because I can build a manufactory which allows me to research the steam engine for example. Without your mod it would not be possible and so Denmark would not be worth playing; same Sweden.
    But if my mate would play Ottoman Empire he researched four things at the same time. That ruins the gameplay.
    What is your opinion? I would be happy if you could changed it.
    Last edited by luschetk; September 27, 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Default ....

Ok, I found a solution thanks PFM. I change the parameters of your existing mod ... and it works!
    You are right, modding of games can make fun!

Take care,
    Lusche

That is what I should suggest too! If you need further info/help you can ask.
    Last edited by husserlTW; January 21, 2011 at 05:45 AM.

Thank you! Now all things are good and I can enjoy playing !

Husserl,

As I wrote you before, is it possible to make a script to see 7 type of building in 1 slot for Ottomans and Russia? or maybe we can make smaller icons?

Also is there any news about imam icons? can't they be same as scholars?

Sorry but all your questions get a negative answer.

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ....

Quote Originally Posted by luschetk View Post
    Ok, I found a solution thanks PFM. I change the parameters of your existing mod ... and it works!
    You are right, modding of games can make fun!

Take care,
    Lusche
    What exact parameters do you change in PFM luschetk? I too think there's too many educational buildings for the AI.
    Thanks in advance

i think this didn't work i was playing with Belgium... , i put this file on the napoleon total war game data, it's requiered another step to do? thanks for your effort husserltw ^,^

No you just place the pack into ...\napoleon total war\data\ folder. It is "movie" type so there is no chance of not working...

ah yes now it works i just deleted the town_all_slots.pack and put the town_all_slots_plus_rel.pack to napoleon total war/data thanks!

Is the converting ability supposed to work? it dosent for me
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

It's working, my empire is full of banks

Quote Originally Posted by Count von Orlok View Post
    It's working, my empire is full of banks
    Wut? banks, with money?

Edit: also, is it possible to gotta have teknologies to build indistrial buildings in commercial centre?
    Last edited by theodorsr; May 08, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast