Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: [SS 6.3 AAR] The Rise of Portugal (COMPLETED 7/24: EPILOGUE)

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [SS 6.3 AAR] The Rise of Portugal (COMPLETED 7/24: EPILOGUE)

A great 300 years! I suggest doing an AAR with the Moors or Lithuania!
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Ahh, it's sad to see this end, but it was great while it lasted! The utter length of your campaign inspired me to play a campaign in SS well into the 1600's, and it was a whole bunch of fun! Thanks for the great read! +rep

Excellent story, and I'm glad to hear that you plan to keep writing!
    Thank you for the long journey.

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments! This has been a rough summer for me medically (I've actually been going through cancer), but things are slowly getting better. Writing this AAR and reading all the feedback from the readers has really been a great distraction. Thanks to everyone who saw it through to the end.

dezikeizer's Avatar Campidoctor

Great updates and great ending, though as you said, it's said to see this end. One thing's for sure, it was a heck of an uphill ride for you, with many highs and lows, and that was partly why it was great. I hope your next campaign is in a similar vein.

SavageFeat's Avatar Senator

Ahhhh it's been a fun ride but everything must come to an end. I'm sorry to hear about you though hope you get better
    Wars of Rome: The rise
    A Modifacation for Rome : Total War 1.5
    (Pretty sure its dead now^)

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by savage feat View Post
    Ahhhh it's been a fun ride but everything must come to an end. I'm sorry to hear about you though hope you get better
    Agreed!!!
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Thanks for more kind comments! I'm doing better so far, though there are lots of niggling little post-surgery complications (I'm dealing with an eye infection/allergic reaction at the moment). Anyway, I'm doing much better overall. I'll be glad when I'm back to 100%.

In the meantime, I've been playing around with Byg's Grim Reality IV on 6.4. I'm considering doing the Crusader States late era as my next AAR. If you've ever played around with that faction in that era with BGR IV, you'll know that it will be a short AAR! If that turns into an utter disaster, I will try a different small, hard faction using BGR IV. I think BGR will really add a ton of extra personality and character to the AAR (disobeyed orders, armies running out of supplies, bankrupted nobles, etc.). It will also make things very very hard.

If anyone wants to suggest other small factions early or late era that would work well with BGR, in case the CS don't work, I'm all ears. I'd like something at least a bit different than Portugal, and small starting factions.

Nearly a month after the last post, I read the whole AAR in less than a week. Amazing story with a lot of plot and side action besides battles. I also catched a situation during a battle quite familiar. Did you just invented the soldier saving the general when he was on foot and about to be killed by the enemy, giving away his life in order to let the general live? Because, in the wars for independence in Argentina, Cabral, a heroic soldier, saved General San Martin from been killed, recieving himself the sword ment to the general, make it possible for San Martin to free half of South America from the Spanish.

Diablo,
    I actually did not know about that exact situation, but that's really interesting to hear that something similar happened in real life. I did know about the same situation happening with Alexander the Great and several Crusader generals. Glad you liked the AAR!

Well, if you like you can investigate on that, but I dont know how much of that you can find written in english, hahaha... by the way, i learnt a lot from your battles, i just autoresolved everything and now, i started playing my battles on the field. i know i ll need a lot of practice, but besides that, where can i learn about all the tactics you used?

SavageFeat's Avatar Senator

youtube lol but really its helpful
    Wars of Rome: The rise
    A Modifacation for Rome : Total War 1.5
    (Pretty sure its dead now^)

Paulus Artesium's Avatar Laetus

The Bard, this was the very first AAR that I´ve readed... my congratulations, and I expect your futures works... Thank you for make a never ending airport stop a wonderful experience.

Paulus,
    Thanks for the compliment! I haven't been able to work on my Crusader States AAR in a long time, unfortunately. I have pages and pages of notes, and lots of screenshots, but just haven't had the time or passion to write it up. Maybe I will get around to finishing it, eventually. I'm glad you enjoyed the Portuguese one, though. This was one of my favorite campaigns ever.

It was a really good aar hope to finish this tonight