Page 92 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4267828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102117 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2829

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    These are really, really sad news... I've joined the forum like 2 years ago and learned the most basic things about modding because of Tsardoms. I had never posted a single thing until now, and hoped that my first post could've been to thank for the awesome mod. unfortunately, it is to say how sorry I am this project died. One has to congratulate the team for all the effort over the time, though.

I would really love if the team could make the work so far available for the loyal fans and followers of Tsardoms!
    I also joined TW Center because of Tsardoms

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by SerbianWOLF View Post
    I also joined TW Center because of Tsardoms
    Yeah man, me too

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Silni View Post
    Yeah man, me too

I am without words. Six years ago i joined this forum to follow progress of this mod and now its dead

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    I am without words. Six years ago i joined this forum to follow progress of this mod and now its dead
    So sad. This would be my favourite mod !

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Is it really dead? Was there any official info about it from the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvard View Post
    Is it really dead? Was there any official info about it from the team?
    No progress. People say its dead Maybe there is hope for ''resurrection'' of this mod.

Hrobatos said so. I have yet to get a full explanation, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dabela
    Yeah, that's why it died. Cause you "followed the progress" instead of rolling up your sleeves. If you had helped all those years, things might have turned out differently. So many people in this thread never helped and now are disappointed. Like the guy who is "officially not watching this thread anymore". Oh, no, what a sad loss! Who wouldn't feel bad when a guy who's watching you drown from the shore is "officially not watching you drown anymore"?

"But I don't know how to mod!!!!"

Learn. I didn't know how to do anything when I got this game, and now I know how to do quite a bit. Volunteer. Struggle. Figure it out.

There are lots of cool mods that never see the light of day because people don't realize that mods need workers, not watchers, or realize it but continue to watch anyway. Moral support from fans only takes a modding team so far, and a guy who's actually contributing is worth 100 "supporters".

Anyway, we'll see what happens. This mod has had long periods of inactivity over the years, and this might be just another one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    What about the work done so far?
    Will some of it become available to other mods that are still alive?

The Titanium team is doing a 1300-1492 scenario so a lot of the material of this mod could be very useful.
    where can i see more info on that scenario any chance to include tsardom factions in it?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Sad news.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

I completely support what k/t said. Modding may look difficult at the beggining, but belive me, it takes just some time and wilingness to learn many usefull things. Just two years ago I was like majority of forum members, when I saw works of modders I thougt they were some sort of magicians, after some time, I wanted to become one of them And then it turned out, that there is really nothing special in them, they were just guys, who were willing to spend some time reading tutorials and trying to figure some things for themselves. Don't be afraid of modding

Icon9 Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvard View Post
    I completely support what k/t said. Modding may look difficult at the beggining, but belive me, it takes just some time and wilingness to learn many usefull things. Just two years ago I was like majority of forum members, when I saw works of modders I thougt they were some sort of magicians, after some time, I wanted to become one of them And then it turned out, that there is really nothing special in them, they were just guys, who were willing to spend some time reading tutorials and trying to figure some things for themselves. Don't be afraid of modding
    the problem is that we tsardom fans dont have much other mods in intrest couse tsardoms is on a such high quality level,so we or at least I want tsardoms,we dont have any idea in what stage the mod is and what it needs,we see units looking good we see prety maps,unit cards,baners,etc.
    but we dont know what is to be done.
    as much as i know they need people with coding skills and one of the moders asured me that it is not easy to finis coding if u paused it for a longer time not to talk about steping in someone elses unfinished coding work

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Well, there are 4 of you that put sad smiley faces in the past week or so, organize and revive the mod.
    A team of 4 is a solid team if they work consistently.
    Most of the groundwork is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Well, there are 4 of you that put sad smiley faces in the past week or so, organize and revive the mod.
    A team of 4 is a solid team if they work consistently.
    Most of the groundwork is already done.
    well i am willing to try,i am sure that we are at least able to finish the map couse that does not require any coding skill or so(i dont know if dany is working at all) and many older games had map creator programs so we prety much all know how that functions,but that is not the problem the problem is even if 4 would be wiling to do that we dont have the materials to do it no acess to anything,does anyone own all the materials or are they all on diferent peopel computers
    Last edited by thekingsmen; September 23, 2015 at 11:02 AM.

Darios's Avatar Slava Darios!

I think that this mod died because its focus was simply too big. Most of the interest for Tsardoms came from people from Balkans countries who were interested in playing with Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova, and the like, yet the ultimate goal was to also include Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and various Turkish principalities. The sad thing is that all of the Balkans factions did end up getting completed but the project became too big. I think that it ruined morale and there's also the fact that one's life can really change over a period of six years. Ultimately, I get it...but it's sad that I'll never get to play with those Hunters of Neamț.

Shots fired)
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I think that this mod died because its focus was simply too big. Most of the interest for Tsardoms came from people from Balkans countries who were interested in playing with Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova, and the like, yet the ultimate goal was to also include Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and various Turkish principalities. The sad thing is that all of the Balkans factions did end up getting completed but the project became too big. I think that it ruined morale and there's also the fact that one's life can really change over a period of six years. Ultimately, I get it...but it's sad that I'll never get to play with those Hunters of Neamț.

Shots fired)
    I know what you mean...
    Golden Ages mod had 30 factions.
    The Great Conflicts started with 5 factions only but in the process we had to add 15 more!
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Darios's Avatar Slava Darios!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I know what you mean...
    The Great Conflicts started with 5 factions only but in the process we had to add 15 more!
    Yup! That's a huge problem with M2 mods, the best ones are simply way too ambitious. I was 18 years old when M2 was released - a completely different time in my life. I had tons of free time to play Total War games, especially on weekends. Now I'm 27, working two jobs, and while I have the time to goof around on Attila, it's nothing compared to "the good ole days." I think that ultimately most people get sick of endlessly working on mods for so long, or the realities of real life set in and they have to give up the craft.

I admire you Anthonius for sticking with TGC even through your own personal difficulties. I'm really looking forward to playing with the Romans and Kievan Rus once you guys get it released! I'm counting on you)))
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

hey why is noone talking about the posibility that someone may finish it,god damn! what next have u moders decided what u gona do with the materials?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post

Shots fired)
    You are probably right. If they release a mod with the Roman empire, Balkan factions, Knights of St. John and Turks with working map it will still be amazing mod. After that they can work on other factions with new team members influenced by release/submods or even new team to pick the mod. I donīt know why, but I still hope one day the development will continue.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Golden Ages mod?
    What?