Page 42 of 178 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792142 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Word comes from the Brabant region in the Low Countries. They are a type of professional soldiers hired by Ragusa. In some countries they came to be called trabants, then darabans and even later dorobants.
    Last edited by Wallachian; September 27, 2011 at 09:37 PM.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice info ! But I though that trabant is east-german car which was made out of paper . We had one !

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    Nice info ! But I though that trabant is east-german car which was made out of paper . We had one !
    Haha yeah that's a different thing altogether. And btw the thing about it being made of paper or cartboard is a myth, it was made of duroplast.

i"n some countries they came to be called trabants, then darabans and even later dorobants."

Are you sure about this ? from low country ? than in the Wallchia ..they became dorobants ?
    Strange ?

i tink that the dorobants ...from Wallachia ..are some turkish influnece ...not western

Yeap I am absolutely sure.

The trabants was the name of professional troops and handgunners (either armed with muskets or more usual arquebus) which were used by the Romanian principalities starting in the 16th and 17th centuries. They were adopted via mercenaries from Transilvania where they wore different colours depending on the province they came from, the most common colour being red. For example in Transilvania the Black Trabants came from Sibiu, Blue Trabants from Brasov and Green Trabants from Sighisoara.

The word 'trabant' then became 'daraban' and then in the XVIIIth - XIXth century it became 'dorobanti'. The name is certainly not of any Turkish influence, but in the late XVIIth to XVIIIth century the dress of the 'dorobanti' certainly had Turkish influences.

Hello to everyone. I'm tracking this mod development since 2008 I think. I always wanted to help, but I don't have the knowledge to do so. I want to give one suggestion. Since this mod has a decent number of followers(most of them from Serbia, I think), but only a few of them contribute to it, probably because others are incapable(like me ), I would like to see developers making some workshops were they can learn others how to help this mod development. It would be nice that all costs are paid by people who want to learn. This would probably slow down the progress of development in the near future, probably delaying one preview, but if it would have the happy ending it would be a massive REP for this mod, gaining essential personnel for future development.

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

thank you for your interest and your patience.... you'd probably have much of it (especially patience)... in order to keep watching this mod from 2008....

Quote Originally Posted by mare6600 View Post
    see developers making some workshops were they can learn others how to help this mod development.
    but there are already "workshops" like these in our forum... everything anyone needs in order to learn modding is right here: "Mod Workshop". Inside there are dozens of tutorials where anyone can see and learn, and there are always people there that can answer to your questions/queries/problems/errors etc. etc. It has been there from the beginning of the whole site.... there are equivalent sub-forum for Rome, Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 Total War games... Almost every modder in twcenter has learned from these subforums... so have I (as you might know, since i have said that many times). Everyone who wants to know how to mod, is able to... there is no need for il_duce to be there to teach you scripting and coding... there are other pals like Gigantus, Squid, Ishan, AJStoner, Withwar etc. etc. which are always there and they can help you whenever you want... indeed, they have helped me alot in the last year, and i owe them much...

Quote Originally Posted by mare6600 View Post
    This would probably slow down the progress of development in the near future, probably delaying one preview, but if it would have the happy ending it would be a massive REP for this mod, gaining essential personnel for future development.
    This solution would be nice for a long time planning... we will finish this mod (at least we are hoping to....... hahaha... just kidding... ) in less than a year... so any project like this won't have time to make things go faster.... most of us have many things to do in real life, and answering questions and guiding other people will be of much delay... maybe, instead of benefiting us (ending the mod more quickly), it might push us off schedule...

i hope you understand... we have no time in order to make "workshops" like these.... the tools in order to mod, the tutorials in order to learn, and the people in order to help you are already in that sub-forum.... everyone who is willing to learn how to mod... has every capability to.... there is no hinderance....

PS: there where even "university classes" in this site in order to learn you mod... if you check the this you can see that learning how to mod is accesible to everyone.... at least if he wants to...

Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

indeed, who wants to learn just needs to search a bit in Mod Workshop, there is tutorial for every possible aspect of modding
    just look at the BHCluster, he is learning modding from those tutorials, more he does, better he will become

Kako trenutno napreduje ova modifikacija? Ima li napredaka? Samo cujem kako ove budale pricaju o papirnim autima.

Honestly, I didn't checked this site for 2 years. I thought that it's dead or that the mod is never going to be finished. I didn't know that you can learn everything you need on TWC. Today I stopped by to see if the mod is maybe finished, checked the posts of the last 20 pages and all I could see was people anticipating some preview and complaining why it didn't came out this week or the week before. If I had spent that much time on the forum, I would have learned how to mod. And not just waiting someone else to finish the work. It's always easier to do nothing than to do something. If by chance I learn how to mod I'll let you know. Peace

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alpav View Post
    Kako trenutno napreduje ova modifikacija? Ima li napredaka? Samo cujem kako ove budale pricaju o papirnim autima.
    Ovo ti nije lepo bas.... Pogotovu sto te 'budale' rade nesto za modifikaciju

Honestly, I didn't checked this site for 2 years. I thought that it's dead or that the mod is never going to be finished. I didn't know that you can learn everything you need on TWC. Today I stopped by to see if the mod is maybe finished, checked the posts of the last 20 pages and all I could see was people anticipating some preview and complaining why it didn't came out this week or the week before. If I had spent that much time on the forum, I would have learned how to mod. And not just waiting someone else to finish the work. It's always easier to do nothing than to do something. If by chance I learn how to mod I'll let you know. Peace
    And the easiest thing is to preach.....
    Last edited by DobroVece; October 13, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Izvine te onda, nisam znao. Samo mi je bilo malo cudno da dugo pricaju o ovim autima.

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

Pa moraju ljudi da prekrate vreme malo. Nemoj se sekiras.

hmmmm... english.... hmmmm....

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Trabant is a name of a unit, wallachian handgunners, not the car
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

where can i see screens of the handgunners?

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    where can i see screens of the handgunners?
    it depends of faction. as for wallachian handgunners, they are note done, but will be added
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

When will Tsardoms be released?

your first post ever in the twcenter, and this is your question???

we DON'T KNOW YET...... haven't you read the previous posts in this thread??

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Ooo ... the FORBIDDEN question !!!