Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

  1. #2581

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    I proudly announce that today, after 5 months of non-stop work, I just released the internal bug free Tsardoms alpha 0.1 for the development team. That means multiple tasks can be worked on simultaneously. It is specially important that all the leftovers are gone and so are the CTDs.

    There is still quite some time before the open beta, but this is a HUGE step towards that goal.
    Tsardoms: Total War campaign mapper

    "To govern a republic, it is best to imitate the great god of nature, who does everything little by little, almost unobserved."
    - Nicolò Vito di Gozze, Rector of Ragusa, On the State of the Republics

  2. #2582

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Congtats mate! Keep up the great work.

  3. #2583
    Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Heaven or Hell
    Posts
    1,452

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    A remarkable achievement.

    I hope internal testing goes well!

    As the world of total war moves forward, this mod is still ever in the back of my mind.

    TWC is going to explode when that open beta drops! I hope we can get our grubby little clutches on it soon(ish). Thanks!
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; March 15, 2018 at 01:41 PM.

  4. #2584
    Nelduin's Avatar a.k.a ALG & echuu
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,321

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Wow, congratulations!

    The day we will get our hands on that masterpiece will be like a National Day.

  5. #2585
    Antonius's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    I proudly announce that today, after 5 months of non-stop work, I just released the internal bug free Tsardoms alpha 0.1 for the development team. That means multiple tasks can be worked on simultaneously. It is specially important that all the leftovers are gone and so are the CTDs.

    There is still quite some time before the open beta, but this is a HUGE step towards that goal.
    Amazing! Looking forward!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

  6. #2586
    Wallachian's Avatar Praefectus
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,915

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    To all our bulgarian friends out there. We are trying to bring in more native names into Tsardoms. But we are trying to avoid names like Kopienostsi Spearmen because it just means Spearmen Spearmen. Ideally we would want to have the first word as native and the second word as english.

    We have the following names:

    Selyani Axemen
    Kopienostsi Spearmen
    Bozduganlii Macemen
    Mechenostsi Swordsmen
    Sulichari Javelinmen

    Do you have any suggestions to make them a bit better? For example, instead of the bulgarian word for spearmen would love to have the social class or the class of soldier/military class. For example, in the wallachian roster we have units like Mosneni Swordsmen, Mosneni was the social class of free peasants, while the sword is their weapon. So the name explains what their social class is and also what their weapon is.

    Also, how is the Pronoiars spelt in Bulgarian?

  7. #2587
    Hrobatos's Avatar Tribunus
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    7,189

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    We could do

    Seljani ( peasants )
    Kopieonostzi ( spearmen )
    etc

    kind of like EB2 does it.

  8. #2588

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Do you guys know if "Bozdugan" is Slavic or not? It has meaning in Turkish(Gray Falcon) so I assumed it was Turkish(Bozdoğan). The suffix "li" is Turkish too, if Slavic doesnt have a similar suffix.
    Last edited by Tureuki; March 24, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

  9. #2589
    Hrobatos's Avatar Tribunus
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    7,189

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    I think not. There is buzdovan which is mace or flail . But that word too supposedly comes from Turkish buzdogan?

  10. #2590
    Miszel's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    1,649

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Buzdygan is mace in polish too.
    Must be a borrowing from turkic then.

  11. #2591
    Antonius's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Do you need any help with Italian or specifically Venetian?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

  12. #2592
    Wallachian's Avatar Praefectus
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,915

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    No thank you we are finished with all Italian factions.Do any of our Serbian friends have these books or can get them?

    Srbi i Mađari od Kosova do Mohača
    http://www.mikroknjiga.rs/slike2/86-...247-3_k1_1.jpg

    Samostrel u Evropi i Srbiji
    [url]http://www.mikroknjiga.rs/slike2/PESISN/PESISNSamoUEvISrb_k1_1.jpg

    Konjanici strelci
    http://www.mikroknjiga.rs/slike2/86-7540/978-86-7540-204-6_k1_1.jpg

    Opsada Carigrada 1453. i rudari iz Novog Brda
    https://www.knjizara.com/slika/Opsada-Carigrada-1453-i-rudari-iz-Novog-Brda-55092.jpg
    Last edited by Wallachian; March 29, 2018 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #2593
    Svir@c's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Subotica Serbia
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Do you guys know if "Bozdugan" is Slavic or not? It has meaning in Turkish(Gray Falcon) so I assumed it was Turkish(Bozdoğan). The suffix "li" is Turkish too, if Slavic doesnt have a similar suffix.
    In Hungarian language this is the exact word for mace: Buzdogány
    So ... who knows from which language is derived?!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

  14. #2594
    Svir@c's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Subotica Serbia
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    No thank you we are finished with all Italian factions.Do any of our Serbian friends have these books or can get them?

    Srbi i Mađari od Kosova do Mohača
    http://www.mikroknjiga.rs/slike2/86-...247-3_k1_1.jpg

    Samostrel u Evropi i Srbiji
    [url]http://www.mikroknjiga.rs/slike2/PESISN/PESISNSamoUEvISrb_k1_1.jpg

    Konjanici strelci
    http://www.mikroknjiga.rs/slike2/86-7540/978-86-7540-204-6_k1_1.jpg

    Opsada Carigrada 1453. i rudari iz Novog Brda
    https://www.knjizara.com/slika/Opsada-Carigrada-1453-i-rudari-iz-Novog-Brda-55092.jpg
    Hmmm... will try with couple of my friends in Belgrade or Novi Sad. Sadly I don't owe them
    But the last one is much familiar ...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

  15. #2595
    jurcek1987's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Hey loyal followers, here's a couple of screenshots to show that we're still alive . Thanks to dcadastro we now have a playable but for the moment quite bare version of Tsardoms. Here's a couple of our custom character models:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Spectacular looking Croatian and Bosnian pavise spearmen by Hrobatos
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    And for our Croatian friends, mid 14th Century Croatian nobles and bodyguards:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  16. #2596
    Hellvard's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,133

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Simply amazing Just let me play with these shiny knights already





  17. #2597

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    So are those new custom character models?
    Whereu able to make them work cuz i know that u had to remove some due to engine ishues?

  18. #2598
    Antonius's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Hey loyal followers, here's a couple of screenshots to show that we're still alive . Thanks to dcadastro we now have a playable but for the moment quite bare version of Tsardoms. Here's a couple of our custom character models:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Spectacular looking Croatian and Bosnian pavise spearmen by Hrobatos
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    And for our Croatian friends, mid 14th Century Croatian nobles and bodyguards:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    MY GOD IT IS BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait!!!!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

  19. #2599
    jurcek1987's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Thank you for the kind words

    Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    So are those new custom character models?
    Whereu able to make them work cuz i know that u had to remove some due to engine ishues?
    They're mostly old models that had to be reworked. Previously they were too complex for the poor old M2 campaign engine to handle. Some are new, like this dude

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  20. #2600
    Wallachian's Avatar Praefectus
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,915

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

    Great modelwork jurcek but I think we need to replace his head gear. He is currently wearing a crown and technically the king of hungary is also the king of croatia.

    I suggest a croatian hat like this guy
    https://goo.gl/images/CJXogY
    https://pinterest.com/pin/AZNWDHM8cX...ce_app=android
    Last edited by Wallachian; April 11, 2018 at 02:51 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •