Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Hello!

I think you are going OT. maybe it is better come back to Tsardom?

After Tsardom will be release you may say if, in your opinion had represented the Balkans in a way that you consider Historically accurate and the reason of that.
    Until that release it is better to avoid any kind of discussion that probably it is very hurting for you all since the 90' and probably because had influenced your life since that point.

I think all of you share an hobby for Total War Games, better speak about something that you like instead of discuss on something that divide and generate tension.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I could see this making sense for the Sclavenoi as they were under the influence of the Avari, but how did the Antes end up becoming Serbs and Croats? I could be wrong, but I have idea that after AD 600 they retreated north into the forest steppe and eventually formed groups like the Tivertsi and Ulichs in Western Ukraine, Moldova, and Eastern Romania. The Martinovka Treasure is attributed to them
    According to Roman Chronicles all slavic branches spread out in entire balkan penissula.
    Those that -today- know as Serbs and Croats stayed relatively in small areas forming large political entities while the rest , replaced the part of the Roman population that left country and migraded to urban centers.
    Their villages with each one becoming a "tribe" named by Romans Sclavineae (gr: Σκλαβηνιαι).
    There are traces of such tribe (Milinges) even to south Greece.
    Map of sclavineae

In 11th century most of them in the south/cental balkans either hellenised or Bulgarised.
    That is why when the 2nd Great Romano-Bulgarian war came , villages and cities easily changed sides.
    EDIT: Balkan history isso complicated because of the population and culture mixures (Greeks,Gauls,Thracians, later Goths,Slavs , Bulgarians).
    Unforthunatly that complication leads to extreme opinions of "ethnic" background.
    Remember that Video of FYROM a decade ago that "God" spoke to them that they were the true Macedonians and the entire white race comes from them.
    In such "enviroment" logic is the 1st victim.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; July 26, 2017 at 05:43 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I have been given to understand that it is apparently traditional to get personal when it comes to discussing matters concerning the Balkan region. Please consider this as the line where this traditional approach stops, the alternative will be measures that go beyond the large number of simple edits and deletions I have done.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2017 at 07:33 AM.

Greetings to the developing team,

A new history book has been made in Bosnia with historical accurate battles from the medieval times:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Bosnian_King; July 27, 2017 at 02:42 PM.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

"Ogroman broj najuglednijih i najbogatijih ugarskih plemica..." - Never change Balkans, never change lol

The battle was between some local Bosnian nobles supporting king Ostoja(and thus, Hungarian side technically) and other local Bosnian nobles supporting Tvrtko II(with Hrvoje Hrvatinic).

The kingdom of Hungary was barely involved, not even Croatian nobles participated, it was a civil war battle between Bosnians, how the hell Bosnian historiography managed to reform the battle as some mighty victory over Hungary is beyond me.

Which battle? 20 different battles are described in this book.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Just if someone cares, here is English translation of De Administrando Imperio

http://homepage.univie.ac.at/ilja.steffelbauer/DAI.pdf
    Last edited by Hrobatos; July 29, 2017 at 09:47 AM.

Blog Entries

The local moderator was faster then me (lucky for most concerned) and took care of a rather large number of posts that certainly don't belong into a mod's general discussion thread. Do take political discussion, especially recent politics, into the mudpit where it belongs. I trust everyone knows the difference between discussing history and discussing politics?

Edit: the various professions of digestive disorders don't even belong there.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 28, 2017 at 11:15 PM.

Alll spam and off topic posts shall be deleted.
    For political bashing there is political mudpit.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Amazing how many posts deleted as off topic. This timeline is very "hot"
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Blog Entries

There are nearly thirty posts between this message and my last one. Not even a handful is left.

Let's make this easy - the next one posting off topic (anything not directly connected to the game) in here will not be saved anymore by the local moderators. I would suggest to make yourselves very familiar with the off optic rule - my patience has run out.

Thanks to Gigantus for stopping the politically and historically incorrect Postst now.

We will continue with Tsardoms.
    How is it going? how far are we? Will the MOD be still playable this year?
    If pictures or historical contributions are required... I am in possession of several books of the history of the Balkans and its peoples.
    Tell me how I can help to help the MOD.

"Bosnom nikad nitko nije uspio da vlada, uvijek mu se to samo činilo"
    Alija Izetbegović
    Dr. Cerić: Mi nikada nećemo biti prihvaćeni ni kod zapada ni kod istoka, zato što je Bosna zemlja heretika i sto su Bošnjaci potomci Ilira. Živimo pod pritiskom susjeda i Taoci smo njihovih laži.

(Dr. Ceric: We will never be accepted either in the west or on the east, because Bosnia is a land of heretics and that the Bosniaks are the descendants of the Illyians. We live under pressure
    between our neighbors and we are the hostages of their lies)

Quote Originally Posted by SipahiBiH View Post
    Thanks to Gigantus for stopping the politically and historically incorrect Postst now.

We will continue with Tsardoms.
    How is it going? how far are we? Will the MOD be still playable this year?
    If pictures or historical contributions are required... I am in possession of several books of the history of the Balkans and its peoples.
    Tell me how I can help to help the MOD.

"Bosnom nikad nitko nije uspio da vlada, uvijek mu se to samo činilo"
    Alija Izetbegović
    ei friend, i know that this is the incorrect thread for this so sorry...but if you can help with serbian faction and maybe also make some bulgarian unit in sship mod(s.XII-XV), this faction need a good unit roster and some historical researches, please if you can, support sship team about serbian faction, sship player how me, they will thank you
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I have yet again deleted off-toppic posts. Map of Bosnia in 800. is not relevant to Tsardoms mod in any way.

There is Vestugia Vetustatis for historical discussions. Please move it over there. You can post link here so anyone interested can follow up and join the discussions.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

This thread is magic, Balkans will never change.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey Guys,

Just started looking into this mod not long ago. Very interesting stuff. I've been researching the time period and the factions involved and it's very fascinating. Indeed, CA (or any developer for that matter) has never shown this region much love, so all that I've been finding out about the event surrounds this mod is brand new to me. This mod has a lot to offer! With me being an African-American, I think you all have succeeded with the goal of educating people of all backgrounds about this conflict-ridden, culturally rich, diverse and extremely fascinating region & period!

Its been a little while, so is it possible for us to get a bit of a progress report? I realize this is pretty much the lamest question a spectator can ask a mod team, but I don't think any finds would mind a little insight. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Our mapper, Dcadastro should soon return from his trip to the Old World to finish the map.
    Meanwhile Jurcek is working on stratmap characters.
    Maybe he will share some pic soon.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thank you for your kind words Dead Man Wilson. We are still around but had a break during summer with pretty much no work done in the past months. As Miszel said dcdastro our mapper is back from holidays and is ready to resume his mapping work. We need to finish the map, finish coding all buildings, add characters and armies on the map and fix a crash bug which is causing us problems. All faction rosters are over and done with though.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    Meanwhile Jurcek is working on stratmap characters.
    I am going to absolutely love this...
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Ask and you shall receive