Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yes, Mangop will be a PSF and if possible it will be filled with Byzantine rebels.
    I personally would not go so far as to put organized "Byzantine" troops in Mangop, but rather more the ethnic Greek militias that the Romans and KoSJ have in their rosters. That is, in my opinion, one of Tsardoms biggest strengths - the plethora of ethnic peasant militias. I do not imagine that the Principality of Theodoro had any kind of serious military organization.

Then we will have Qirim filled with Tatar rebels and Perekop filled with Tatar rebels too and even possibly Qirk Yer/Cufut Kale.
    Neat!

And then Caffa a Genoese city. So it will be no easy task for the Genoese to gain a foothold beyond Crimea. We are trying to make the area as lively as possible even though there are few large rebel provinces here.
    Most excellent. I really like what you guys have planned here. If I might make a suggestion regarding Ruthenian AoR units - It is a bit too early in history to have any Cossacks/proto-Cossack units but ethnic Ruthenians could be properly represented by some of the Rusichi mercenary units - particularly the Brodniki. I know what you are thinking, but I do not believe that they were exactly the same as the Brodnici of pre-Mongol Moldova. The name simply means something akin to "those who dwell near the river fords" (Rom. brudini) and it would make sense since the Ukrainian settlements in Tsardoms are largely found near great river crossings - the Southern Bug and the Dnipro.

Or if you guys are still interested in creating new units, you could go along another route - create a couple of Ruthenian peasant units like this - http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/p...Slash-Hand.jpg

Give them generic names such as "Ruthenian peasants (find the native name for peasants)" and/or "Ruthenian archers (find the native name for archers)" with a unit card describing how such peasants began to organize to defend themselves from Tatar raids and would in time come to be known as Cossacks.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well we made Cossack horse archers from Rusichi Bandits.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hopefully we'll add more AOR units, there's more than enough unit slots left

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I personally would not go so far as to put organized "Byzantine" troops in Mangop, but rather more the ethnic Greek militias that the Romans and KoSJ have in their rosters. That is, in my opinion, one of Tsardoms biggest strengths - the plethora of ethnic peasant militias. I do not imagine that the Principality of Theodoro had any kind of serious military organization.

Neat!

Most excellent. I really like what you guys have planned here. If I might make a suggestion regarding Ruthenian AoR units - It is a bit too early in history to have any Cossacks/proto-Cossack units but ethnic Ruthenians could be properly represented by some of the Rusichi mercenary units - particularly the Brodniki. I know what you are thinking, but I do not believe that they were exactly the same as the Brodnici of pre-Mongol Moldova. The name simply means something akin to "those who dwell near the river fords" (Rom. brudini) and it would make sense since the Ukrainian settlements in Tsardoms are largely found near great river crossings - the Southern Bug and the Dnipro.

Or if you guys are still interested in creating new units, you could go along another route - create a couple of Ruthenian peasant units like this - http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/p...Slash-Hand.jpg

Give them generic names such as "Ruthenian peasants (find the native name for peasants)" and/or "Ruthenian archers (find the native name for archers)" with a unit card describing how such peasants began to organize to defend themselves from Tatar raids and would in time come to be known as Cossacks.
    When I said Byzantine rebels I was referring to Greek rebel soldiers, not things like Varangians or any professional Byzantine troops. Some greek spearmen, greek archers and the like.

As Jurcek said well we do have a proto-Cossack unit as there are mentions of the first proto-Cossacks appearing in the XIVth century - early XVth century. By the late XVth century the Cossacks start being active and involved in the region so why not have a unit for them. In regards to the Brodniki well the Rusichi merc unit is really pretty XIIIth century looking. For Ruthenian peasants I was thinking of using the Rusichi unit Carpathian Highlanders. There is a few peasant looking units in Rushichi which we could use.

Some of these Rusichi units could easily serve as Ruthenian AOR

Last edited by Wallachian; January 12, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

You guys are awesome. Well done in your work and research.

Thanks Darios. Quick question would you please be able to translate the names of the settlements in southern ukraine on this map?

Thanks Darios. Quick question would you please be able to translate the names of the settlements in southern ukraine on this map?
    Check your inbox mate

For anyone interested in helping out Tsardoms we are in urgent need of text writers.

It would not have to be anything too difficult, all is required is just fluent knowledge of English and some decent skills looking up a thing or to.

We are looking for help with:

- building descriptions
    - faction descriptions
    - faction specific buildings - for example the Arsenal of Venice or the Sforza Castle of Milan. All it takes is just looking up a wiki and writing a few sentences

Your help will be essential in finishing this mod, we are making large progress and it would be a shame to have buildings without texts.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

present!

Ok Julio here are a few unique Italian buildings that would need descriptions:

Genoa

-Cathedral San Lorenzo, bishop seat and also the place where peoples gathered for important decisions and discussions(its had an informal dimension and participed to the social civic life, so can provide happiness to the city)
    -Palazzo San Giorgio, built by Guglielmo Boccanegra(uncle of Doge Simone Boccanegra), the medieval version was copied for Palazzo Comunale in Galata. After 1408 its also became the Bank of Saint-George's headquarter.

Here are examples made by dcdastro for Ragusa - but it can be shorter than that. Just a few lines of a bit of general history is fine. Also, you can propose effects of the buildings too.

Also here are a few buildings needing descriptions too (just generic descriptions, go by the name of the building):

HOSPITALS - 3 tiers:
    - Apothecary: missing description;
    - Hospice: missing description;
    - Infirmary: missing description.

Example of text description for Apothecary (this one is for the Greek Roman faction, we need another generic one to apply to all factions)

In the Roman Empire, the apothecarians are distictly separated from the doctors. These professionals named Myrepsoi (gr. Μυρεψοί) have their own shops (Μυρεψικά Εργαστήρια) in a city, all gathered together, giving elementary care to the sick and the wounded.

{health_d1_apothecary_greek_desc_short} Apothecarians can provide elementary health care to the wounded and the sick.

Example for Dominican Abbey

The Order of Preachers (Latin: Ordo Praedicatorum), after the 15th century more commonly known as the Dominican Order or Dominicans, is a Catholic religious order, founded by Saint Dominic in the early 13th century in France. Membership in the Order includes the friars, the nuns, the sisters, and lay persons affiliated with the Order. Later in the 13th century, the pope assigned the duty of carrying out inquisitions to the Dominican Order. Inquisitors acted in the name of the Pope and with his full authority.

Example for Scholarium

The Scholarium is a center of learning and humanism. Studies began with a student embarking, often at no more than 13 or 16 years of age, on the trivium. This comprised the study of Latin grammar (including literature), rhetoric (which also covered law and logic (or dialectic). A scholarium is necessary for the civilian education and offers a happiness bonus.
    CATHOLIC MONASTIC SCHOOLS - 3 tiers, education buildings linked to catholic church, again just use wiki, google and a bit of imagination also the name of the building
    - Schola Monastica: missing description, missing effects;
    - Scriptorium: missing description, missing effects;
    - Bibliotheca Monastica: missing description, missing effects.

Genoese and Venetian Sea Trade

These are buildings which have 4 tiers each and gradually bring more trade and benefits with the Italian merchant states of Venice and Genoa. They are mutually exclusive. Each level brings more income from trade, but also discontent (foreigners of different religion). For example an important Genoese colony was Galata in Constantinopole.

{castle_sea_trade_genoan_name} Genoese Sea Trade

{economy_h1_c_gen_warehouse} Genoese Warehouse
    {economy_h1_c_gen_warehouse_desc} Genoese Warehouse
    {economy_h1_c_gen_warehouse_desc_short} Genoese Warehouse

{economy_h2_c_gen_trading_post} Genoese Trading Post
    {economy_h2_c_gen_trading_post_desc} Genoese Trading Post
    {economy_h2_c_gen_trading_post_desc_short} Genoese Trading Post

{economy_h3_c_gen_quarters} Genoese Merchant Quarters
    {economy_h3_c_gen_quarters_desc} Genoese Merchant Quarters
    {economy_h3_c_gen_quarters_desc_short} Genoese Merchant Quarters

{economy_h4_c_gen_trade_colony} Genoese Trade Colony
    {economy_h4_c_gen_trade_colony_desc} Genoese Trade Colony
    {economy_h4_c_gen_trade_colony_desc_short} Genoese Trade Colony

{castle_sea_trade_venetian_name} Venetian Sea Trade

{economy_f1_c_ven_warehouse} Venetian Warehouse
    {economy_f1_c_ven_warehouse_desc} Venetian Warehouse
    {economy_f1_c_ven_warehouse_desc_short} Venetian Warehouse

{economy_f2_c_ven_trading_post} Venetian Trading Post
    {economy_f2_c_ven_trading_post_desc} Venetian Trading Post
    {economy_f2_c_ven_trading_post_desc_short} Venetian Trading Post

{economy_f3_c_ven_quarters} Venetian Merchant Quarters
    {economy_f3_c_ven_quarters_desc} Venetian Merchant Quarters
    {economy_f3_c_ven_quarters_desc_short} Venetian Merchant Quarters

{economy_f4_c_ven_trade_colony} Venetian Trade Colony
    {economy_f4_c_ven_trade_colony_desc} Venetian Trade Colony
    {economy_f4_c_ven_trade_colony_desc_short} Venetian Trade Colony

Any single text will help save us time so we can work on actual modding.
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 26, 2017 at 08:01 PM.

i would be more than happy to help with the text thing but i dont know how to contact you people. Help me to help u

Well you can find us right here. You can either post on this thread or send me a private message. To send a private message all you need to do is click on my picture then on the left side of the screen click 'send private message'.

For starters why don't you have a go at writing the draft text for the Hospital chain? (apothecary, hospice, infirmary).

Just to give everyone a sneak peak of what we have been working on for the past few months.

Brand new recruitment and administration system which will lead to some hard choices needing to be made when a faction conquers a settlement:

This will influence:

- the amount of money raised
    - the happiness of the population
    - the types of troops available

Very good job in that clear, concise diagram. Great first glimpse at our new system. Later on, I'll give a taste with a more detailed preview.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

I'm glad mod is making progress again. Every few months i'm checking this mod, for like 7 years so there is no problem waiting more for everything to be finished. Thanks to people working on it!

While i'm here, i want to ask one question. Is there a way that Holy Mountain of Athos in someway/somehow can or will be implemented in this mod. Athos have 20+ orthodox monasteries, including Greek, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, and in timeframe of the mod i think there was also one Georgian monastery. It has significant value for all of those countries, now and especialy then. After the Holy Land that is the second most holy place for orhthodox people so it would be nice to have it in mod.

Yes, it is possible to show Mount Athos on the map. But it would mean creating a model for it and also coding it as a hidden resource (with some potential bonuses to holding it by Orthodox Christian factions). Hopefully once we release a first version we could do this at one point.

Nice. You mean like a settlement (cause i dont think there is need for that) or just like mines, gold and other resources included in, lets say for instance, Thessalonika province?

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, it could work as a wonder with bonuses for Orthodox factions.

Actually is not hidden resource, but trade resource with trade base 0. We already have monasteries, this could be a special one. I had considered creating a mine-like building which provided religious bonuses and could obviously only buildable in regions with that resource. But that is for later, the focus now is on getting all the basics done for release. After that, it would be nice to add this new mechanics.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    Actually is not hidden resource, but trade resource with trade base 0. We already have monasteries, this could be a special one. I had considered creating a mine-like building which provided religious bonuses and could obviously only buildable in regions with that resource. But that is for later, the focus now is on getting all the basics done for release. After that, it would be nice to add this new mechanics.
    Well, spoken mate
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Wow ... I'm like gonne for almost a year and now I saw that Tsardom is ALIVE ... Hvala Nebesima (Thanks to Heavens)!
    So you guys need some help about Hungary or Serbia (I know both languages)? I'm not a moder or similary things but maybe texts, or ... whatever to finish this great mod.
    And of course Thank you for ... well ... everything about Tsardom keep up the work!