Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Too late. Due to frederick_1757 request, the release has been delayed several weeks more.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Too late. Due to frederick_1757 request, the release has been delayed several weeks more.

Cheers!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by frederick_1757 View Post
    will you release this mod in the next 2 months ?
    Is it possible we will release in 2 months? Sure. Is it likely? Probably not. It's very hard to tell because we are waiting on team members which have real life commitments such as work, study, family and so on. We are waiting on another mod folder update for the next round of internal testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    I can't believe i've somehow missed this mod in all my time here.

Anyways, i loaded the beta and was blown away by the details of the units. The AAR campaign looks insane as well.

I have a quick question... There are some intro screens of Constantinople... Is that from a 3d model? I'd love to see it.

Also if you need someone with some specific knowledge about the area let me know... I'm not a historian (at least not a graduated one ), but i my reading usually encompasses 15-16th century and i have a pretty decent library on the subjects, so maybe i could help somewhere.

Again, great work on the mod! Will play MTW II after a couple of years again once it's released
    Thank you for your kind words, I am sure you will love the mod even more when the campaign will be out.

We had started work on a Constantinopole battle map model but it's never been finished due to huge amount of work required.

Will keep you in mind as we may need help with verious texts.

Since I saw the mod's previews, unit skins and models, I can't imagine another mod for Medieval 2. Of course, classics like DLV, SS 6.3 or Italian Wars are good, but they don't have models like that.

Keep up a good work guys. Still waiting and one day more

We would like to thank Cesco and the Machiavello Total War team for gifting us some lovely XIVth century Italian units

Some images:

Spoiler for pavise crossbowmen

Spoiler for pavise spearmen

Spoiler for "lanzelonghe"(pikemen)
    [/QUOTE]

Hello there! I've been following this mod for years. I just can't wait to play this mod! However, I just want to give some suggestion about the armours of the units who used the so called "Corrazina Armour", do you consider to change them in your mod to be like this one? The current ones is not correct by the way. There is a video about the armour, if you're interested just click this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2oTy6dYPPE. Cheers!

Guys we always appreciate feedback from the fans and since I'm working on traits and events for the mod (which I still have lots to do), is there any specific history or funny event or trait that you would like to see in the game?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Here's two traits.

"Allium Galore"
    Italian cuisine may use garlic a lot but this man demands it's presence in his diet in truly gratuitous amounts.
    While the health benefits associated with this seasoning were known since times immemorial it is rather difficult to keep the attention of one's staff when all they are thinking is how to get to a safe distance.
    +2 Health
    -1 Command

"Loud winds during battle"
    This man's ability to keep it to himself and let it go in the face of the enemy is a cause of amusement for his subordinates
    But not as much as the grimaces of horror observed in faces of startled adversaries.
    +3 Morale
    -1 Chivalry

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Here's two traits.

"Allium Galore"
    Italian cuisine may use garlic a lot but this man demands it's presence in his diet in truly gratuitous amounts.
    While the health benefits associated with this seasoning were known since times immemorial it is rather difficult to keep the attention of one's staff when all they are thinking is how to get to a safe distance.
    +2 Health
    -1 Command

"Loud winds during battle"
    This man's ability to keep it to himself and let it go in the face of the enemy is a cause of amusement for his subordinates
    But not as much as the grimaces of horror observed in faces of startled adversaries.
    +3 Morale
    -1 Chivalry
    The effects will need to be reduced but they are interesting. How do you think a General could get these traits? For example, the Italian Cuisine, by being in Italy for some time?
    Last edited by Lusitanio; May 02, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Random chance when they come into play for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by banskie100 View Post

Hello there! I've been following this mod for years. I just can't wait to play this mod! However, I just want to give some suggestion about the armours of the units who used the so called "Corrazina Armour", do you consider to change them in your mod to be like this one? The current ones is not correct by the way. There is a video about the armour, if you're interested just click this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2oTy6dYPPE. Cheers!

Very interesting video. Had no idea about this issue but it doesn't surprise me.

The issue is that we will need to go through all our units that wear that type of armour and see if we can replace it with the correct one which may take some time. So it will probably not be fixed in the first public release.

Most of our upgrade 0 (1345 - 1360ish) and also upgrade 1 (1370s - 1400ish) knight type units wear some sort of corazzina.

I am guessing this would also apply to brigantines right?

For example, the armour of the crossbowman on the left here seems to have those rectangular pieces in the lower part.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well as you can see in the Serbian preview, our newer Churburg model has the correct corrazina armour (bottom pic)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll probably rework others too in the future if they're really that inaccurate. We also have some 14th century units with 15th century brigandine and a few that start with breastplates which is several decades too early. Starting knight models (transitional armour) don't have corrazina, they use accurate 14th century coat of plates.
    Last edited by jurcek1987; May 03, 2020 at 09:00 AM.

Very nice reproduction! Who made it?
    Last edited by Rad; May 03, 2020 at 12:39 PM.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: A small gift to Tsardom's Team - Part II

I just uploaded a new version with more italian units. I reworked the gambesons and the helmets as well.

Here some preview:
    Spoiler for berrovieri

Spoiler for lesser knights

Spoiler for provencal crossbowmen

So all the units I made back in the days for Tsardoms are redone with a higher standard. I left untouched the italian units made by VINC: I don't want to modify them, since I deeply respect his work.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Please rep and thank Cesco from the Machiavello Total War team for gifting us some lovely remade XVth century Italians.

Default Re: A small gift to Tsardom's Team - Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    I just uploaded a new version with more italian units. I reworked the gambesons and the helmets as well.

Here some preview:
    Spoiler for berrovieri

Spoiler for lesser knights

Spoiler for provencal crossbowmen

So all the units I made back in the days for Tsardoms are redone with a higher standard. I left untouched the italian units made by VINC: I don't want to modify them, since I deeply respect his work.
    Very well done!

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Amazing progress... can't wait to play this. Thank you to everyone involved!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Well, watching at XIV century italian paintings I think you are right about this matter. Unfortunately, it's not a fast change, since I would have to change both the texture and the mesh file of the model...So, I can't promise you I will make this, but I will surely take into account your suggestion If i will decide to rework the units. By the way if you have other suggestions feel free to share them.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    Well, watching at XIV century italian paintings I think you are right about this matter. Unfortunately, it's not a fast change, since I would have to change both the texture and the mesh file of the model...So, I can't promise you I will make this, but I will surely take into account your suggestion If i will decide to rework the units. By the way if you have other suggestions feel free to share them.
    yeah I just want to make some suggestions but I can't do it without seeing the latest unit previews. I wonder If you can get some models from our mod MK1212 AD? There were some tons of latest models we had for you to get. Maybe it is pain in the *ss to convert but it is worth it!

We do have skins from MK1212 AD and have used them for some of the units (great stuff). But i think the model part is a lot more difficult and time consumming so not sure if anyone has attempted it. Back in the day Hrobatos had imported some models from Mount and Blade and from Empire/Napoleon (we have some heads from Empire i believe). It would be cool since MK1212 has some absolutely fantastic models. But at the moment unit making is pretty much on the back burner and the whole focus is on campaign testing and campaign fixing and balancing.