Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

If people are interested in helping the mod we are looking for people to write texts for historical events relating to the Hundred Years War and for coronations (currently we have a generic text for all of them). Events which are missing customised texts include:

- Bulgarian Tsar Coronation
    - Bosnian King Coronation
    - Moldavian Voivode Coronation
    - Wallachian Voivode Coronation
    - Hungarian King Coronation
    - Neapolitan King Coronation
    - Trinacrian King Coronation
    - Austrian Duke Coronation

Historic events for 100 Year War pop up:

- Battle of Crecy 1346
    - Battle of Poitiers 1348
    - Battle of Agincourt 1415
    - Siege of Orleans 1429
    - Siege of Compienge 1430 (capture of Joan of Arc)
    - Battle of Formigny 1450
    - Battle of Castillion 1453

Your help will make Tsardoms an even more historical experience!

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I've noticed that late 14th century German/Serbian/Bulgarian knights/boeri don't wear any Jupon but instead they all wear waffenrocks.

PD : I also noticed that there is a Scots guard unit since it's in the troop roster for the Swiss in the unplayable Battle of Pavia.
    If anyone is a modeller and texturer and believes that they can make our units more historical we absolutely welcome that. Otherwise, we don't really have the manpower to do unit modifications being busy with all bug fixes and campaign matters.

The Scots Guard unit is an old remnant, you will not find it anywhere in the mod and will be removed at a later stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Congratulations again, I am having a great campaign (Vh/VH) as Rhomania. The civil war is a question I wanted to raise. Ioannes Kantakouzenos and Ioannes Palaiologos are not going to come to a power-sharing accord, so I imagine it's traditional to kill all the enemies?
    Osmans are proving a tough nut too. (edit) The Ottomans do seem a touch disinclined to invade Europe.
    I'm on turn 65 so far excellent
    No, there won't be any understanding All you need to do is pretty much defeat the other faction and then you will will the civil war.

We tried to help the Ottomans with the Gallipoli script to push into Europe. We will monitor them and if it's not enough we might give them more pop up stacks in the Balkans for example around Adrianople.
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 06, 2021 at 04:59 AM.

Moders should seriously consider enlargement of banners. They are too small to be clearly distinguished in the heat of battle. Since this mod focuses on historical accuracy single colored faction rosters aren't possible, but clear differentiation between player's and enemy's troops is still need.

Actually some mods have completely disabled banners. In real life there was a lot of confusion and very hard to figure out who was your troop or the enemy. I don't even know if the floating banners can even be changed dimension wise, they may be hardcoded.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I personally hate large banners Rome2-style. You see the battlefield only full of banners, as if it's a Chineese warfare.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Moders should seriously consider enlargement of banners. They are too small to be clearly distinguished in the heat of battle. Since this mod focuses on historical accuracy single colored faction rosters aren't possible, but clear differentiation between player's and enemy's troops is still need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Actually some mods have completely disabled banners. In real life there was a lot of confusion and very hard to figure out who was your troop or the enemy. I don't even know if the floating banners can even be changed dimension wise, they may be hardcoded.
    Actyually Wallachian is right. Mods that trying to offer realism MUST offer the chaos that existed in the battles as well.
    In TGC we have the same prospective. Player must play the battles from the ground. Imagine what happens in civil wars that both factions use the same models with only recolored textures and re-colored banners!
    But that was the way back then! Chaos!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Tsardoms also starts with disabled banners, which could be enabled in .cfg file if one chooses. The banner sizes are set in descr_banners_new.xml file under <General Scale="0.5" you could set it to 1.0. ​People who hate banners will keep it disabled, but those of us who need banners to play battles without pausing would get useful ones instead.

- Battle of Crecy 1346
    - Battle of Poitiers 1356
    - Siege of Orleans 1429

Would it be too much asked to add La Rochelle 1372? It was a pretty big battle where castillan fleet under the commandment of genoese admiral Ambrosio Boccanegra destroyed english fleet. Its a master piece of tactics based on exploitation of atlantic flux and reflux. It featured galleys as well on the castillan side.

The positive effects were limited in time but it definitely allowed to turn the tide for a while on the continent.

"The battle of La Rochelle was the first important English naval defeat of the Hundred Years' War.[5] Its effect upon the course of the war was significant: La Rochelle was lost on 7 September. Its capture was followed during the second half of the year by nearly all of Poitou, Angoumois and Saintonge, which Bertrand du Guesclin cleared of English garrisons."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit: I didn't candidated at writting, but If I can propose an alternative version

Here how I would see it:
    - Battle of Crecy 1346
    - Battle of Poitiers 1356
    - Battle of La Rochelle 1372
    - Joan of Arc epopee*

* all events are merged in one: Siege of Orleans, Battle of Patay, Charles VII coronation. The event pop up the 17th of july 1429 and mentions how Joan of Arc emerged and received a mission from St-Michel, found the dauphin at Chinon, and inspired victories of Orleans(siege) and Patay(massacre of english longbowmen in open fields by french cavalry), then finally the coronation of Charles VII concludes the event's text.

If you look at the events they occur in 1429, from february(Chinon meeting) to april-may(Orleans) to june(Patay) to the 24th of june to the 17th of july(March on Rheims- and subconsequent Coronation). Hence why it makes sense to merge them imo.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 06, 2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Correct date of Poitiers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Tsardoms also starts with disabled banners, which could be enabled in .cfg file if one chooses. The banner sizes are set in descr_banners_new.xml file under <General Scale="0.5" you could set it to 1.0. ​People who hate banners will keep it disabled, but those of us who need banners to play battles without pausing would get useful ones instead.
    Good point. That said, if people know how to "mod" enough to change to banners "on", they can probably change the scale manually too.

I myself can't possibly play with banners anymore. The whole point of the battles for me is mass confusion. Also i never paused. After all, the soldiers and generals couldn't either. And i'm only too happy to lose a battle once in a blue moon if it happens

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Good point. That said, if people know how to "mod" enough to change to banners "on", they can probably change the scale manually too.

I myself can't possibly play with banners anymore. The whole point of the battles for me is mass confusion. Also i never paused. After all, the soldiers and generals couldn't either. And i'm only too happy to lose a battle once in a blue moon if it happens

Me neither. I never use the pause button and i play with RTS cammera instead of TW one that allows me to look units from the ground! That is why i hate thick forest and mountain battles but even such , i run by mouse cursor from unit to unit to "correct" things like a real general would do (see what is the status of each units of his any time). But that is a personal taste.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post

My point is that the mod should be more flexible for the user where it doesn't change the view modders had in the first place. More people knows how to modify .cfg file than to fiddle with the mod files like .xml.

If people are interested in helping the mod we are looking for people to write texts for historical events relating to the Hundred Years War and for coronations (currently we have a generic text for all of them). Events which are missing customised texts include:

- Austrian Duke Coronation

- Battle of Crecy 1346
    - Battle of Poitiers 1348
    - Siege of Orleans 1429

Your help will make Tsardoms an even more historical experience!

If anyone is a modeller and texturer and believes that they can make our units more historical we absolutely welcome that. Otherwise, we don't really have the manpower to do unit modifications being busy with all bug fixes and campaign matters.

The Scots Guard unit is an old remnant, you will not find it anywhere in the mod and will be removed at a later stage.

No, there won't be any understanding All you need to do is pretty much defeat the other faction and then you will will the civil war.

We tried to help the Ottomans with the Gallipoli script to push into Europe. We will monitor them and if it's not enough we might give them more pop up stacks in the Balkans for example around Adrianople.
    How many words do u want in that king of bosnia text?
    Do u want historic years or do u want an explanation story for any situation in wich the player might find hiself when trigering the script?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Me neither. I never use the pause button and i play with RTS cammera instead of TW one that allows me to look units from the ground! That is why i hate thick forest and mountain battles but even such , i run by mouse cursor from unit to unit to "correct" things like a real general would do (see what is the status of each units of his any time). But that is a personal taste.
    Yes lol forests and fogs make no sense vuz it is a videogame after all and making things unseable makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    Yes lol forests and fogs make no sense vuz it is a videogame after all and making things unseable makes no sense.
    I have to admit that i have just quit the battle when i saw it was a forest one and reloaded. More than once. I hate those I still like to use the original camera since i love seeing as many units as possible fighting. But for example when i see videos of Atilla total war on youtube they never even zoom in to the units, you just see those horrible banners and markers over half the screen and they move the units around like gods, i feel it's against the spirit of the games

Yes what is the point of the game if u dont have visuals.I want scenes like in lord of the rings and to zoom in.

Btw, do you have hand pavises from a Mount and Blade Warband OSP?

I have recognized a few hand pavises from a Mount and Blade OSP but I never seen them being used in any mount and blade mod.

Are they like these ones? (Top right corner)

Last edited by NapoleonMaster; January 06, 2021 at 11:44 PM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

These are I believe from Magyar mode, work of Dome

Likely someone imported them into M&B
    Last edited by Hrobatos; January 07, 2021 at 02:26 AM.

The pavises of Hungary are from dome of the magyar mod.

Either someone recreated them in M&B using the actual source shields or they just imported dome's work in M&B.

Fought Hungarians in my Serbian campaign and their roster looks dated compared to the rest of Tsardoms units. I have a thing for an eye candy. Hopefully, modders will update Hungarian roster in the future.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The roster is from Magyar mod which is about 10 years old so yes, the models look dated in parts but I'm a big fan of it actually. The units are among the most detailed with a lot of variety. I used the Magyar roster as a reference for many units that I've made and their shields look amazing, pavises especially. Probably playing as Serbia made the difference more apparent, most of their units were made quite recently.

In any event, there will be no work done on the roster. Frstly no one is working on units anymore and secondly, the units are off limits. We are allowed to use them but they cannot be modified or their parts reused elsewhere.

I might be able to help with the Bulgarian tsar coronation, but can you sent an example of an already finished text for another faction so I can have a general idea what to look for and write.