Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

I am an amateur modder who is developing a submod for Broken Crescent, so I have some experience. How can I help?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

What submod are you developing?

Sure, we need lots of help with quite a few things. Some of which are quite mundane but currently we have only one person working on map, campaign editing, building chains, character placement etc and one person working on importing strat map characters and gathering all our units together.

Things we would need help with include everything from sorting out event pics, character pics which we already have, importing old material from our old mod folder, scripting things like emerging factions (timurids), shadow faction emergent conditions (serbian rebels, hungarian rebels), help with effects of new building chains, importing materials that we have from other mods and so on.

Its a battle balance mod called Dar Al Harb, currently working on Version 1.2. Just lemme know exactly what is needed and I'll see what I can do.

I can work with EDU, map editing and I'm starting to learn modeling

For the waiting fans here is a couple of pictures from my Wallachian test campaign. I am in 1375 and I am allied with Serbia and Bulgaria, managed to eat up Moldova and currently embroiled in a long term war with Hungary and have just been attacked by the Golden Horde. There seems to be some crazy crusades happening and Hungary has been campaigning in Anatolia and they have just taken the Karamanid capital, might need to look at the crusade mechanics but that is for a lot later date, after a first release as we don't have manpower for that.

There are still quite a few things missing from the mod to be complete, for example some building chains are missing, unfinished and there is still quite a fair bit of work left to do. So any help is appreciated.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The building icons are courtesy of Leekaa and Bulat Steel mod and have not yet been implemented in the main mod, just in my own folder.
    Last edited by Wallachian; April 20, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Now that is a great post to keep us hooked!

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    For the waiting fans here is a couple of pictures from my Wallachian test campaign. I am in 1375 and I am allied with Serbia and Bulgaria, managed to eat up Moldova and currently embroiled in a long term war with Hungary and have just been attacked by the Golden Horde. There seems to be some crazy crusades happening and Hungary has been campaigning in Anatolia and they have just taken the Karamanid capital, might need to look at the crusade mechanics but that is for a lot later date, after a first release as we don't have manpower for that.

There are still quite a few things missing from the mod to be complete, for example some building chains are missing, unfinished and there is still quite a fair bit of work left to do. So any help is appreciated.

The building icons are courtesy of Leekaa and Bulat Steel mod and have not yet been implemented in the main mod, just in my own folder.
    My god this looks glorious... can't wait!!!!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

The unit cards are beautiful!

Looks good!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

crusadesmechanics are somehow imune against any modding or altering. i´ve tried to alter stats in vanilla files regarding crusades, but most of them don´t have any effect ingame.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Good work! The Mosneni Archers look very useful, with their bonus against cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Good work! The Mosneni Archers look very useful, with their bonus against cavalry.
    Yes, they are a very cool multirole unit. Unfortunately the AI does not know how to use the secondary spear so it will be useful only for the human player. We have several units like that which have bow as primary but spear or lance as secondary and they are very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    crusadesmechanics are somehow imune against any modding or altering. i´ve tried to alter stats in vanilla files regarding crusades, but most of them don´t have any effect ingame.
    Indeed I guess we either just leave them in as they are or just get rid of them altogether. But they work ok for our period and are quite fun with some cool results. Currently in my game I have Catholic armies from Ragusa, Hungary, Venice all trying to take an Aydin city in crusade. It is very cool as it brings quite a lot of activity in the area.

Default Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Hi,

I observe Tsardoms topic for some time. I can't wait for final version of the mod.

I would like to ask about units:

1. In Hungary there are "Royal Banderium" and "Croat Banderium (?)" - will be a dismounted version of those units?

2. I really like Mounted Knights in plate armour in Sicily and Spain from the previews. It is sad, they are not in battle beta.. anyway, the same thing as above.

3. Traditionaly I would like to ask about the modding process, how it works at the moment.

4. Maybe I could help with the scripts and testing the mod. I am interested in modding a little, and I like working with scripts and check, how they are work with campaign. More info by e-mail or something.

1. Will be dismounted version of Royal Banderium Knights, Catalan Knights, Sicilian/Spaniards late bodyguards?

2. How is the progress of works with this mod?

3. Any new units would be added except those from previews?

Best regards and keep up a good work
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 29, 2019 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Merged.

Great to hear that you are enjoying our work.

1) Some factions have dismounted versions of knights, but our policy is generally to avoid this unless we have specific sources stating that knights fought on foot. By definition knights fought as cavalry and would dismount their horses only in unusual or extreme situations. For example, at Sempach the Austrian knights dismounted as the terrain did not allow for them to fight as cavalry.

2) There is some progress but it has been a lot slower in the past 2 months due to real life. Unfortunately no one is willing to help us out so progress is slow.

3) A large amount of new units will be added apart from the ones in the previews. I don't think the previews show even half of all the units. We have whole factions which have not been previewed such as timurids, tatars, austrians, milanese, karamanids, aydinids etc. so plenty of unseen units or remade units.

Thank you for your reply.

I can't hide, that dismounted versions of those knights would be great, but of course I respect the historical accurateness.

What kind of help do you need?

I am interested in modding scripts and testing, how they work with the game. Maybe I could help with that.

I know that, there are lots of messages on this forum, when you release final version of the mod, and I have one think: Why don't you try to release the mod in parts, like "Battle beta". Many modders have done similar things and other players, during playing the mod, also could help with suggestions, ideas. Maybe it would be easier to find someone competent to help, when it will be an ocasion to try the current mod version more.

Of course it is only my private opinion and idea. I will not press on you and I am very impressed, that you are still working on it. I understand very well - working on the mod and family at the same time.

Best regards

We need help mostly with coding and scripting. Implementing various scripts from other mods, adapting them, doing things such as conditions for emerging factions, effects of new buildings. That sort of stuff. It is these things that prevent the release of a fully playable campaign alpha. For example, we have the factions of the timurids, the serbian despotate and the hungarian barons but they currently have no emergence conditions so they never emerge. If you are willing to help you are definitely welcome. Unfortunately, we have had lots of people offer to help in the past only to join the dev forum, get our mod folder and then never to be heard of again.

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Greetings to everyone in the team of this great mod

Our events for the appearance of various units throughout the campaign.

Here we have the event for the emergence of the Serbian Hussar unit as a result of the Lazarevic Military Decree.

Last edited by Wallachian; July 28, 2019 at 02:55 PM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Hi, how's the mod doing?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

At the moment I am working on getting a new internal alpha version of the campaign. Jurcek’s newest overhauled units have already been implemented, as well as the recruitment accordingly. Alondite’s 2D art for events, buildings, numerous texts by Wallachian and my progress in mapping, tweeks I made on settlement policies are all in it as well. I am working on finalising some descr_strat stuff and some scripting for the settlement policy to go along with this new version to send to the rest of the team.

thank you for your patience and interest in our mod!
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Can't wait to play it!