Page 173 of 178 FirstFirst ... 73123148163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 3541

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Is it possible for an Mt Athos "wonder" that all Orthodox factions can contribute to? Build churches, donate, etc Thus giving the Lord, Prince a benefactor attribute. For example Nicolae Alexandru and Vladidlau-Vlaicu in the words of Documenta Romania Historia. B. Tara Romaneasca vol.1 1247- 1500 who were strongly advised to become Kletors of holy and Imperial monastery of Koutloumousiou. in the words of Protos Chariton
    'it would be wise for my majesty to do this in turn, as other rulers, namely Bulgarians, Serbs, Russians, and Georgians, have already done for the salvation of their souls and to honour the marvelous place and Holy mountain, the Holy place which is the eye of the universe'

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Is it possible for an Mt Athos "wonder" that all Orthodox factions can contribute to? Build churches, donate, etc Thus giving the Lord, Prince a benefactor attribute. For example Nicolae Alexandru and Vladidlau-Vlaicu in the words of Documenta Romania Historia. B. Tara Romaneasca vol.1 1247- 1500 who were strongly advised to become Kletors of holy and Imperial monastery of Koutloumousiou. in the words of Protos Chariton
    'it would be wise for my majesty to do this in turn, as other rulers, namely Bulgarians, Serbs, Russians, and Georgians, have already done for the salvation of their souls and to honour the marvelous place and Holy mountain, the Holy place which is the eye of the universe'
    Indeed donations to Mount Athos were considered very important. We will have monasteries on the map to represent Mt Athos. I do like your idea a lot but not sure if and how it could be implemented. Not sure how the donation would work other than actually having it as a building which would then be auto-demolished at the end of the next turn so that you can do it again. So you would pay the money and get some trait called 'benefactor of mt athos' or something like that which would give you some nice bonuses i guess.

In what language do you read Documenta Romania Historia? Do you put it in google translate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello guys, where can I download the music-mod for this mod? I remember there were separate music files.
    You can find it here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15943061

But be careful, it may have some issues. It is not 100% finished. We have someone working on getting sorted out.

Ideas are one thing, practical usage another. I was hoping one of you modders would have some idea
    I struggle with dictionaries, it is not a million miles from Latin

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Indeed donations to Mount Athos were considered very important. We will have monasteries on the map to represent Mt Athos. I do like your idea a lot but not sure if and how it could be implemented. Not sure how the donation would work other than actually having it as a building which would then be auto-demolished at the end of the next turn so that you can do it again. So you would pay the money and get some trait called 'benefactor of mt athos' or something like that which would give you some nice bonuses i guess.

In what language do you read Documenta Romania Historia? Do you put it in google translate?

You can find it here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15943061

But be careful, it may have some issues. It is not 100% finished. We have someone working on getting sorted out.
    The file has been removed from Mega.

I found the link yesterday but it wasn't possible to download.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hmm ok. I think our sound guy removed them because he was working on them. They should be back soon, i will let you know

Returning to the Mt Athos idea perhaps all it requires is neutral Orthodox monastery and various scripts to invite various princes to contribute to the Holy mountain. Traits of piety and generally positive effects with church and diplomatically... Possibly. No one faction should control it it ideally should be a free state (not rebel is it possible?)
    On another note an idea from EB concerning some Despotates. By building a building you get the ruler till his death, then building destroyed unrest caused until new regional barons, Princes can firm up control.
    For example in England the Plantagenets put down revolts almost every time monarchs claimed throne. And constantly often till the end of their reigns usually death in battle
    Or something like
    I also rather like the Condittori script from Italian wars a similar thing could be done with free companies offering services... Possibly? Thinking out loud sorry. No criticism intended

I have further thoughts but perhaps I shall let you digest all my rambling. I do get a bit carried away sometimes. Get a bit manic
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 20, 2021 at 08:12 AM.

Regarding Mount Athos, the monasteries on the map are resources. They are not owned by anyone. We can't have such things as free state or even rebel. They are just a resource that anyone can place their general or agent on.

Oh, we already have the free companies offering services. The romans get catalan company offering services, the italians get condottieri. And there are some custom merc companies such as John Hawkwood and his White Company for Florence.

That all sounds great. I don't know why I have not come across the free companies?
    I have to assume it is because I am playing as several factions at once. ( I'm writing a story, so I need several view points)
    I need a new graphics card I can never coordinate with and get multiple armies on battlefield. My own small reinforcements might. But alas not the several Ottoman Serb and Vlachs for example
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 21, 2021 at 02:55 AM.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

For mercenary offers to appear you need to have more than 10k budget at the start of the turn

I'm usually as rich as in reality
    https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/06/0...se-beirut/amp/
    Romans of the East oikmenikon recall their shared heritage
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 13, 2021 at 12:43 AM.

Foederatus

Hi ! Any predictions on the release of the new version ? I love the 1.5 but i hate the Loyalty traits from bellum crucis that you guys used in the mod xD, almost every general/ family member of the faction one time or another gets the RIBELLE trait and it's really annoying

Personally I find rebellious family members accurate, just off the top of my head I can think of at least half a dozen dynastic wars in Europe. Admittedly it would be better to be able to defend or chastise the offending relative

Foederatus

It's a cool feature at first, but i think it's not implemented well, personally i think they should tone down the rate that the loyalty devolves a little and add ways to manage better the loyalty of your subjects like the fiefdom giving feature of TGC, that way i think it's gonna add a complete new layer of management of your kingdom not only in tradicional building cities/castles but in the relationship with you family members/generals and in politics overall.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I agree, the triggers for those traits will be reduced significantly for the next version.

Foederatus

Hi there! How's work going on the mod?

Hi! if all goes according to plan, the next version should be released next month

Never ever say if things go to plan

Hello gentlemen! If i masy ask, what is the status of 1,6update? are u satisfied from what u have achieved until now. It will be the last update from this timeframe??

I m holding myself for this update to dive into it for the next year when you give it to us. It really look ..."complete" with all these historical parts you plan to add.

Thank u for this experience . I m sure i will enjoy it as noone else mod, as i plan to play it slowly with full roleplaying. it seems it will be the last mod i will play before i leave medieval 2 to its shelf at last...and move on. it was a very good game and truly enjoyable with all these mods, community created).
    Last edited by silverarmon; August 26, 2021 at 12:39 PM.

Thank you for the kind words! If all goes to plan next week

Looking forward to that!