Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Afaik you need to enable passwords in the preferences configuration file.

Can somebody send me a save hotseat with all selected factions and passwords set?

I swear to god i edit the config files and the admin password i set there works in game but the passwords just don't; and when i login as an admin and do set_password croatia 123 123 and it says password for croatia has been set it still doesn't work when i click next turn and it starts with croatia without passwords.

I know a hotseat has been created so there is a way.

Thanks!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

See the admin guide on how to properly set a HS https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...f-Guide-Admins You can add the default values into your cfg, so its correctly set up for people that start a HS of their own I suppose

BTW, I see you guys are using/planning to use merchants to display name labels, you should probably use the method by Callistionian, that uses witches instead https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16008707 That doesnt increasingly slow down turn times...

If I remember good, The "Broken Crescent" "Buff and Shine 1.9" sub-mod contain an interesting script. Only the family member leaded armys can siege. What do you think? It is would be good in the Tsardoms too?
    Last edited by Brezkimra; April 26, 2021 at 04:26 AM.
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    See the admin guide on how to properly set a HS https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...f-Guide-Admins You can add the default values into your cfg, so its correctly set up for people that start a HS of their own I suppose

BTW, I see you guys are using/planning to use merchants to display name labels, you should probably use the method by Callistionian, that uses witches instead https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16008707 That doesnt increasingly slow down turn times...

Thank you mate; thanks to this I figured it out.
    I deleted everything under hotseat in tsardoms cfg file and when i started the game i selected password etc and it works now.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    If I remember good, The "Broken Crescent" "Buff and Shine 1.9" sub-mod contain an interesting script. Only the family member leaded armys can siege. What do you think? It is would be good in the Tsardoms too?
    I like it, but that is personal. Also would give importance to "dynasties" I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I like it, but that is personal. Also would give importance to "dynasties" I hope.
    Yes, if its possible to tie it to traits, titles and ancillaries it would add a great layer of accuracy.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    that's not a bad idea. I quite like it. but if we ever put it i think it would be an optional submod as some people would not like that.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Tied to the traits and ancillaries would be great. Do you think recruitment of "generals" that can marry?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

There wouldn't be a desktop icon for the mod perchance?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I remember another two interesting scripts:

In "Bellum Crucis" mod: When an attacker army lost a siege not retreated, instead with their diminished army maintained the siege lock. This is continuing until their third siege battle defeat.

In "Deus lo Vult"-"Battlefield Balanced" submod:
    An army can't move next in foreign territory when an enemy army stay behind them. The attacker army must defeat the enemy army behind them, or can't move to forward/get decreased movement point. This script is would represent the cut of an army supply line.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; April 28, 2021 at 11:23 AM.

I wonder will you add Malkoçoğlu family to Ottomans in future release?

Probably doubtful, they didn't become an Ottoman family until after the Serbs were defeated in 1371. Though I suppose a few of them could spawn later outside of the system.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; May 07, 2021 at 01:56 AM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

We generally have only 4 noble families per faction with some exceptions. But we can definitely add spawned historical characters.

Actually we would really love it if fans could make lists of historical characters for various factions which should spawn at specific dates for the factions of Ottomans, Tatars, Aydinids, Karamanids, Bavaria, Swiss, Byzantines, Albania. We would need name, date of emergence, age of character at that date and also a character image if it exists.

We are also looking for medieval maps of Hungary, Austria, Germany showing things like churches, abbeys, important settlements and fortifications.

Malkoçoğlu Bali Beg(?-1510) is most famous akinji in Ottoman history.

Meanwhile, there are units(Mongolian archers, Mongolian infantry) in Timurids army. But there were no Mongols in Transoxiana during the Timurids period. Because all of the Mongols had already became Turkicized. Even Tarmashirin Khan were speaking Chagatai Turkic. Ibn Battuta saying this in his travels book. Also If you read "Zafarnama"(writen by Sharaf al-din 'Ali Yazdi) you can see that Chagatais call themselves as Turkic. And Ibn Arabshah is saying that There are four main Turkic tribes(one of them is Barlas tribe) in Chagatai Khanate in his book "Aja'ib Al al-Maqdur fi Nawa'ib al-Taymur".

I looked up Malkoçoğlu Bali Beg and it seems he was born in 1495 and died in 1555. That is very late, our mod ends in 1525 and pretty much no players reach the end of the campaign. It would be better to find Malkoçoğlu characters from the XIV and early XV century.

About the Timurid units, well this is medieval 2 we can't make all faction specific units. There are some unique units but there are some generic and shared units. The Timurids actually have a lot of unique units for a non-playable faction. The units termed as 'mongol' are just generic units shared by several factions such as Timurids, Golden Horde, and some of the beyliks. They represent generic turko-tatar soldiers, they represent turks, tatars, mongols, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    We are also looking for medieval maps of Hungary, Austria, Germany showing things like churches, abbeys, important settlements and fortifications.
    I will help you with maps for medieval Hungary. I am working on it.

Why would you want of them to add a Serb Ghazi family to the Ottoman roster?

"Four such Muslim families were particularly prominent during the Ottoman conquest of Rumeli (the name they used for the Balkan peninsula): these were the Evrenosoğulları,fn2 the Mihaloğulları, the Turahanoğulları, and the Malkoçoğulları. [...] Malkoç dynasty, properly known as Malković, were of Christian, Serb origin"

"The Malkoçoğlu (Serbian: Malković) was a warrior family of Christian Serb origin, which became Muslim.[2][3]"

"p. 59. Malkocogullari, tot comandanţi de acingii, erau descendenţii unui feudal sirb Malkovic).

Quote Originally Posted by Svetovid View Post
    Why would you want of them to add a Serb Ghazi family to the Ottoman roster?
    Why not? He means to add them to the Ottoman families not the roster. And one of the Ottoman noble families in the mod is the Evrenosoğulları. There were plenty of Christian families in the Ottoman empire. The problem with Malkoçoğlu Bali Beg is that he appears way too late for our campaign.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello guys, where can I download the music-mod for this mod? I remember there were separate music files.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal