Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

That is too bad, why don't you just use Swiss units from some other mods and make your own scripts and banners

Italian factions and Austria would easaly expand into the Swiss territories in the Alps if they are just rebels

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Well i dont know of any mods with good quality swiss. Also we want to have powerful rebels. You wont be able to just occupy rebel territories easily.

Btw why is the Papal state an emergent faction, cause it existed from 756. and it would be wrong to be a horde like Mongols?

IVSTINIANVS I's Avatar Miles

What all is left to be done to the map, or what work is needed most with the map? I have some experience with strat map editing and might be able to help.

Well we discussing about trying to finish our old map (which includes the whole of Italy, North Alps, Austria, Balkans and Anatolia).

That map is half finished basically. Balkans are all done. But the rest only has the settlements placed. It is missing terrain, vegetation, roads, some province borders need correcting, coding of the AOR. We have one person offering to help with the terrain so perhaps if you could help us aswell it would be great. Also, I understand that parts of the map can even be copied. So for example if you could work on Anatolia the other person could work on Italy. Either way we need people's help.

If you are willing we would welcome you with open arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Well we discussing about trying to finish our old map (which includes the whole of Italy, North Alps, Austria, Balkans and Anatolia).

That map is half finished basically. Balkans are all done. But the rest only has the settlements placed. It is missing terrain, vegetation, roads, some province borders need correcting, coding of the AOR. We have one person offering to help with the terrain so perhaps if you could help us aswell it would be great. Also, I understand that parts of the map can even be copied. So for example if you could work on Anatolia the other person could work on Italy. Either way we need people's help.

If you are willing we would welcome you with open arms!
    Yes I would be very glad to help with Asia Minor. I have family from Pontos so I would be glad to do it. I could do some work on the terrain, vegetation, province borders, etc.. although I am not familiar with AOR coding, but I suppose I could learn to do it. I would like some specifics of what exactly should be done with Anatolia, just recreating the geography and provincial regions? Also, can I expand the map into Pontos since that is my ancestral heartland? That would be awesome, and I wouldn't mind pitching in with adding an Empire of Trebizond faction where you could restore the Empire just like the regency and Kantakouzenos factions.

Well we would love to have your help!

Unfortunately we can not expand the map any further as we have actually reached our province limit (199). Even as it is we have had to do some sacrifices (there are great cities in Italy we have had to cut out). Also, we have reached our faction limit aswell (30 factions plus rebels). The Romans currently take up 3 faction slots: Regency, Kantakouzenos and Roman Empire (restored when either faction wins). And some blob factions have shadow factions which will emerge (for example Hungary is a huge power with lots of provinces but historically had lots of noble rebellions so to keep it in check there will be a Rebel Hungarian faction emerging if some conditions are satisfied).

However, Anatolia definitely needs some attention. Currently Anatolia just has settlements and not much else, it does need a fair bit of work so you can add terrain, mountains, vegetation, work out the province borders etc. I can send you a copy of the mod folder so you can have a look at. Have you done mapping before?

Also, we are currently waiting on Spyros to send us the latest version of the mod folder but have a look at that one just to give you an ideea. You will be amazed at the level of detail in Greece and Balkans. But you would use the latest version.

Don't worry about AOR coding at the moment, it is not as important.
    Last edited by Wallachian; March 19, 2016 at 08:41 PM.

is spyros active at all,do we know it?

I am in email contact with him. He is not active on TWC but he said he may return.

Well we would love to have your help!

Unfortunately we can not expand the map any further as we have actually reached our province limit (199). Even as it is we have had to do some sacrifices (there are great cities in Italy we have had to cut out). Also, we have reached our faction limit aswell (30 factions plus rebels). The Romans currently take up 3 faction slots: Regency, Kantakouzenos and Roman Empire (restored when either faction wins). And some blob factions have shadow factions which will emerge (for example Hungary is a huge power with lots of provinces but historically had lots of noble rebellions so to keep it in check there will be a Rebel Hungarian faction emerging if some conditions are satisfied).

However, Anatolia definitely needs some attention. Currently Anatolia just has settlements and not much else, it does need a fair bit of work so you can add terrain, mountains, vegetation, work out the province borders etc. I can send you a copy of the mod folder so you can have a look at. Have you done mapping before?

Also, we are currently waiting on Spyros to send us the latest version of the mod folder but have a look at that one just to give you an ideea. You will be amazed at the level of detail in Greece and Balkans. But you would use the latest version.

Don't worry about AOR coding at the moment, it is not as important.
    Yes please send me a copy of what you have for me to check it out! And yes I have done mapping before, creating terrain and adding vegetation and so forth, I have used it before to edit my stainless steel map to add regions or change things.. so yes I am familiar with mapping, and I am also quite artistic so if detail is what you want, I prefer to be detailed in the work myself.

great

Well i dont know of any mods with good quality swiss. Also we want to have powerful rebels. You wont be able to just occupy rebel territories easily.
    i think the mod the italians wars has good swiss units,but am not sure,it's from neadal

isnt italian wars outdated?

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    i think the mod the italians wars has good swiss units,but am not sure,it's from neadal
    Honestly, why are the Swiss such a big deal to the mod... i mean, this mod is about the balkans and asia minor.. are the swiss really that important? I feel like this is such an uneccessary hindrance to the mod...

no they are not they will be in the up left corner! if we do them it will be the last faction that we will do for now we are concentrated in redoing bulgayans,hungaryan cav is almost done but we will ned to fix some serbian units again then i will make my work finaly and if we get banners we are relleasing!

Quote Originally Posted by thekingsmen View Post
    no they are not they will be in the up left corner! if we do them it will be the last faction that we will do for now we are concentrated in redoing bulgayans,hungaryan cav is almost done but we will ned to fix some serbian units again then i will make my work finaly and if we get banners we are relleasing!

Since I am joining the mod team now, can I make suggestion to just forget the swiss? I mean, no other mod has a swiss faction or swiss units, you would have to totally create them from scratch which would take time... why not scratch them and add another more important faction... I am supposed to be working on Anatolia, so if we do that, we could replace them, and one minor province somewhere, and add a Pontos region and Empire of Trebizond. I would do all the work, as I have created Empire of Trebizond myself for a personal mod of mine. It would be a simple matter of importing them. This is better and quicker, just to add my humble suggestion.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Swiss can be represented by mercenaries.

we alredy decided to not have a swiss at least for now it will be rebels maybe later we will add them if wall wants them,we can always use some other mods swiss

WELLCOM.tsardoms is geting big agin and i thank u for that!