Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
I know many of you have have hatred against Turks from their home
This is a silly and childish argument. If this would be the case the mod team should have made the Turks wear pink skirts and ride little ponies in battle. To me it seems that the more a country or even a person is more insecure the more they are nationalistic. That is why i respect Anglo-Saxon historians so much because they have moved beyond this sort of nationalistic stuff a long time ago and are perfectly capable of writing amazing histories of their enemies. One of the greatest books on the life of Napoleon is written by an English historian.

In actual fact, we have Turkish members within the mod team and have worked intensely to make the Ottomans as powerful as possible and a major challenge. Actually one of the complaints of our team members is that the Ottomans are not strong enough which is why we pretty much doubled the unit size of most Ottoman units and are still working on scripts to assist the AI Ottomans to take over the Balkans quicker.

However, we want the mod to be also very historically accurate. In the previous versions the Ottoman armies were pretty much completely made up of janissaries which was very unrealistic. Numerous historical sources (including Ottoman sources) clearly show that the janissaries formed only a small part of an Ottoman army. This was the case in both XV and XVI centuries. Hence why we decreased the janissary availability as we do not want to see again armies full of only janissaries. Same as we don't want to see armies full of western knights.