Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    The roster is from Magyar mod which is about 10 years old so yes, the models look dated in parts but I'm a big fan of it actually. The units are among the most detailed with a lot of variety. I used the Magyar roster as a reference for many units that I've made and their shields look amazing, pavises especially. Probably playing as Serbia made the difference more apparent, most of their units were made quite recently.

In any event, there will be no work done on the roster. Frstly no one is working on units anymore and secondly, the units are off limits. We are allowed to use them but they cannot be modified or their parts reused elsewhere.
    That's a shame. One of selling points of this mod are its unit designs, on par with EBII and COW. Hungary currently sticks out a lot, in a bad way. Perhaps in the future. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    That's a shame. One of selling points of this mod are its unit designs, on par with EBII and COW. Hungary currently sticks out a lot, in a bad way. Perhaps in the future. One can only hope.
    It would really be great in the future! Maybe you can try learning how to do it, and recreate the Hungarian units? That would be really awesome, and we’d really welcome the new unit improvements!!
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by hackera96 View Post
    I might be able to help with the Bulgarian tsar coronation, but can you sent an example of an already finished text for another faction so I can have a general idea what to look for and write.
    Sure. Here is the Serbian one:

My lord it is a momentous occassion! A huge assembly has been convoked at Skopje (the former great capital of the Bulgarian Empire), attended by the leaders of the Serbian Orthodox church and various religious figures of Mount Athos. The patriarch solemnly crowned our ruler as "Emperor and autocrat of Serbs and Romans". A new empire has been declared with our sovereign at its head as Tsar.

Following the crowning a ceremonial entourage left the Church of Saint Marko near Skopje and wound its way downhill, greeted along route by knights on horses and ladies on a platform. Girls dressed in traditional costume and carrying flowers and olive branches rejoiced., while on a more serious tone a group of dignitaries carried the Tsar's headgear and sword on cushions. They were joined by priests, nobles, and envoys from the courts of Europe. This moment shall forever be remembered!

If you are ok at writing English why don't you have a crack at doing more of them?

We are really struggling for time and it would really be of big help. And i wrote the Serbian one just googling Dusan coronation with no knowledge of Serbian language.

Quote Originally Posted by rafa123 View Post
    What need to do? i don´t understand what he mean by "remove" my diplomacy section, erase it directly from the descr_strat?
    Yeah sounds like he suggests literally just deleting that section from descr_strat. But make sure you keep a back up the file before you change it.

From the looks of it this crash is a Medieval 2 issue which appears when two AI factions attack each other unprovoked.

Give it a try. I am really sorry you are not able to enjoy the mod properly.
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 08, 2021 at 01:58 AM.

So wall do u want me to bring u a text or not?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yeah sounds like he suggests literally just deleting that section from descr_strat. But make sure you keep a back up the file before you change it.

From the looks of it this crash is a Medieval 2 issue which appears when two AI factions attack each other unprovoked.

Give it a try. I am really sorry you are not able to enjoy the mod properly.
    I'm pretty sure that this wont work for the current games because changes in descr_strat are not save game compatible. We're going to need some expert help to eradicate this issue for future versions. The user doesn't seem to be active anymore and no final answer which would localize the cause of the error exists so it might be a good idea to ask Gigantus for help

Weird that you think that. To me the units of Hungary look really great. Really enjoyed using them. But my personal favorites are the Timurids. I was so surprised in a siege battle, their BG is amazing, kinda let them slaughter my levies just to see them in action.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Weird that you think that. To me the units of Hungary look really great. Really enjoyed using them. But my personal favorites are the Timurids. I was so surprised in a siege battle, their BG is amazing, kinda let them slaughter my levies just to see them in action.
    What a cruel lord

Rusichii Total War mod made the revolution in unit design for M2TW, with their Russian, Mongol and horse models - the stable of many good looking mods including this one. It truly showed to what extent modders could push M2TW engine. Hungarian units are simply not on the same level from what I have seen for now from this mod, they are pre Rusichii.

In the end that is my thing, I have a thing for a beauty.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There is a latter release of Magyar mod(non English) from what I can tell. Do not know if anything is charged unit wise or if Tsardoms does not already know this.

Rusichii Total War mod made the revolution in unit design for M2TW, with their Russian, Mongol and horse models - the stable of many good looking mods including this one. It truly showed to what extent modders could push M2TW engine. Hungarian units are simply not on the same level from what I have seen for now from this mod, they are pre Rusichii.

In the end that is my thing, I have a thing for a beauty.
    I did look at them. I guess some are less detailed, but there are some that look great like the Clipeati with those shields and the heavy cavalry is pretty awesome too.

But in general i feel that Tsardoms has the best units of any mod i've played, by far. They just look like they were made for a new game, and are often i feel like comparable to much later games like Atilla. I can't even play other MTWII mods cause the unit details are not even comparable.

...... except europa barbarorum 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    There is a latter release of Magyar mod(non English) from what I can tell. Do not know if anything is charged unit wise or if Tsardoms does not already know this.
    No, there was never another release of Magyar mod. They created a whole host of new Hungarian cavalry units and Ottoman units for some videos they made regarding the battle of Mohacs and the Siege of Belgrade. But they didn't create new infantry units. And then the mod shut down due to internal disagreements and they never released those Ottoman units and cavalry units which they created.

the heavy cavalry is pretty awesome too.
    The magyar cavalry is made by the Tsardoms team so it's in line with all the other units of factions like Austria and Croatia. Only the infantry is from the magyar mod.
    Last edited by Wallachian; January 09, 2021 at 04:57 AM.

I am in agreement this mod EB, TGC are just awesome totally changing how you view modding and in my opinion how it should be. Historical, almost an historical narrative to campaign through
    Ps I am loving all units

will the new patch be save game compatible?

You can safely assume that any patch will not be

No, it will not. There will be some significant changes in some scripts, placement of characters and also the map too (some settlements deleted, some added instead).

thanks, i will make some short campaigns then.

Just wanna say real quick, whoever did that Roman Coronation event, your music choice is impeccable. It felt epic

IVSTINIANVS I's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wagh View Post
    Just wanna say real quick, whoever did that Roman Coronation event, your music choice is impeccable. It felt epic
    The music was mine, it's a recording by Romeiko Ensemble chanting the "Polychronion" to the Emperor so it's a real fit for the event.

What are the three music pieces used in the menu called?