Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Surprisingly, Tsardoms has been really chill for the most part regarding historical discussions and flame wars but the Croatia/Bosnia discussions have really gotten old.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Nationalists are realy getting me off from Tsardoms. And always same thing, Croatia and Bosnia.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Nationalists are realy getting me off from Tsardoms. And always same thing, Croatia and Bosnia.
    Yeah, Balkan Nationalism is toxic, as well as it's historical revisionism. It's just another strong argument for multi-ethnic empires....

I will enjoy making them all Romans
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I think at the moment we are ok, the forum is being kept quiet and no nationalism is encouraged. Don't let it keep you away.

As you can see from dcdastro post we do very THOROUGH research. Nothing is left to chance. Also the tsardoms team is multi ethnic. We had at one point serbs croats and bosnians and even turks all working together for the mod.

It is all for the love of history! Now you guys make sure you give big ups to dcdastro and jurcek as these guys are working hard to bring the mod to a playable state.

We are currently working on a historically accurate AOR system and allied and mercenary system. So you will see historical armies made up of natives and mercs depending on which mercs each country used. You will see roman armies with catalan mercs, italian mercs, frankish mercs. You will see italian armies with english, german, french mercs and so on.

Im aware of all that. I have one question only while you mention ed merceneries... Will we see hungarian black army portrayed as merceneries?

Yes we do have hungarian mercenaries that represent the black army. Keep in mind the black army was a multi national force with bohemians, serbs, germans, hungarians etc. We have all those types of mercs. But we dont actually have a black army unit as such. The hungarians also have units like armati, clipeati etc whichare based on black army units.

Thats even better that way.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    As you can see from dcdastro post we do very THOROUGH research. Nothing is left to chance. Also the tsardoms team is multi ethnic. We had at one point serbs croats and bosnians and even turks all working together for the mod.
    Don't forget the American guy who has lived in Romania for the last 7 years and wrote the faction descriptions for the Hungarians and Golden Horde.

We are currently working on a historically accurate AOR system and allied and mercenary system. So you will see historical armies made up of natives and mercs depending on which mercs each country used. You will see roman armies with catalan mercs, italian mercs, frankish mercs. You will see italian armies with english, german, french mercs and so on.
    This is literally my favorite thing about Tsardoms. I love the thought of marching an army into Albania and recruiting local Albanians for my army. Considering how CA usually craps on Eastern Europe/Balkans with their Total War releases, this will be the first time I can play a game/mod that truly emphasizes the region and highlights its people. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Darios; April 17, 2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

When does the gunpowder period start in this mod?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

handgun 1370, arquebus first half of 15th Century (random date between 1420-40)

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

I doubt you guys need any more historical references at this point, but the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC released a TON of reference material and photos online for download, including plenty of arms and armor from the 14th, 15th, and 16th centuries. There's also medieval and early renaissance art. Even if you don't use any for the mod, I think lovers of history will appreciate it.

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/metpublications

Hello, I only wanted to ask real quick about this mod since I haven't posted here before.
    I've known about this mod for several years now, and from what I see there is a lot of activity. I tried searching a bit on any information about release but apparently this thread is too big.
    So what about release? When are you hoping to have completed a releasable version by when about? Even a guess is enough, I'm not asking about something specific. Because I've been really curious about what is happening with this mod for a long time now.

Sorry but there is no such thing as release date. We are not a professional team, just a bunch of amateurs. We dont have schedules or dates. Development continues with good progress but there is still lots of work.

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    Hello, I only wanted to ask real quick about this mod since I haven't posted here before.
    I've known about this mod for several years now, and from what I see there is a lot of activity. I tried searching a bit on any information about release but apparently this thread is too big.
    So what about release? When are you hoping to have completed a releasable version by when about? Even a guess is enough, I'm not asking about something specific. Because I've been really curious about what is happening with this mod for a long time now.
    Have u tryed the battle beta?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Any news on the Jasz/Alan units?

At the moment not really. We don't have in plan to make one. Depending on how we go with the unit slots, we have about 40 or so to go until we reach max limit. And there is already quite a few eastern horse archer units so not sure how to justify another one. Im not saying we might not get it at one point.

This submod's some unit maybe fit into Tsardoms Total War: http://imtw.ru/topic/48337-italyanskie-voiny-1493-1559/
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Campidoctor
    Civitate

At the moment not really. We don't have in plan to make one. Depending on how we go with the unit slots, we have about 40 or so to go until we reach max limit. And there is already quite a few eastern horse archer units so not sure how to justify another one. Im not saying we might not get it at one point.
    A Jasz unit (so a Hungary exclusive) wouldn't necessarily be a horse archer unit. As stated before their weaponry (and overall culture) became quite different from their cousins in the Caucasus and Russian steppes. How exactly a unit for them would look like I don't know tho. Someone who could read Hungarian would be needed.