Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

so all in al is it doable?
    i mean fixing the CTD s?

Quote Originally Posted by rafa123 View Post
    What do you mean with "Balancing"?
    In general? Eight new units (4 for Georgia, 4 for Vladimir Suzdal, 1 for Volga Bulgaria), spearmen being far more powerful against cavalry (Bonus of 12, increased mass and base attack stat increased for all spears aside from levies), and weakening both the power of lancers and horse archers, horse archers especially in the lower end were far too powerful in melee for example. Missile damage has also been diversified, low end archers and horse archers are weaker than before and higher end archers are more powerful. Javelins are now standardized as AP but are much lower damage, same with crossbows. The prec trait is removed from missile/infantry hybrid units like Daylamite infantry, and faction strengths and weaknesses have been more emphasized. I have made many more micro changes on a unit to unit level to balance things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    In general? Eight new units (4 for Georgia, 4 for Vladimir Suzdal, 1 for Volga Bulgaria), spearmen being far more powerful against cavalry (Bonus of 12, increased mass and base attack stat increased for all spears aside from levies), and weakening both the power of lancers and horse archers, horse archers especially in the lower end were far too powerful in melee for example. Missile damage has also been diversified, low end archers and horse archers are weaker than before and higher end archers are more powerful. Javelins are now standardized as AP but are much lower damage, same with crossbows. The prec trait is removed from missile/infantry hybrid units like Daylamite infantry, and faction strengths and weaknesses have been more emphasized. I have made many more micro changes on a unit to unit level to balance things as well.
    Oh, i see

All, is been awfully quiet here, any news of anything?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

No progress/work has been made in the past 1.5-2 months unfortunately our coders have been inactive since a few months ago

Kirijakos's Avatar Libertus

You could use discord, as u saw, guys helped us with Timurids invasion, and in my expiriance, Im now in turn 125, no ctd no crash so far.

Sure that will help with some bugs, but the main mod folders with a whole lot of fixes already done are with Alondite and with Kanteljic, we just need them to merge them and add the other ctd fixes and we are good to go. but we are waiting on them to be active again.

Oh no.
    So we dont even know if they are alive.They have been inactive for 2 months

Calm down. I spoke with Alondite three weeks ago, he surely will be back. If this takes too long, we will salvage the situation and fix what we can to release the mod. All this work will not go to waste, especially thanks to Wallachian work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Calm down. I spoke with Alondite three weeks ago, he surely will be back. If this takes too long, we will salvage the situation and fix what we can to release the mod. All this work will not go to waste, especially thanks to Wallachian work.
    Good to know sire! Rome was not built in a day

I find the lack of 15th century tabards in this mod to be disturbing.

You could have made your full plate armour knights even more colourful.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; November 06, 2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I find the lack of 15th century tabards in this mod to be disturbing.

You could have made your full plate armour knights even more colourful.
    Maybe the tabards is more a western europe thing, and btw i have one question: The ragusan preview units are the same that will be in the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by rafa123 View Post
    Maybe the tabards is more a western europe thing, and btw i have one question: The ragusan preview units are the same that will be in the new update?
    it was certainly not worn by Moldavians, Wallachians or in the Roman Empire.

But it was certainly worn by the French, Germans and even the Spaniards.

And I would be pretty shure the Hungarians and Serbians also used them since they were influenced by their extensive use of mercenary knights from western Europe (largely from Germany)

Just a quick update, we are working to release the mod as it is. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reach our two missing modders so we will go ahead and release what we have. Hoping in the next few weeks the folder will be ready.

@NapoleonMaster. When it comes to XVth century yes most factions with gothic and milanese armours don't have tabbards, due to various reasons from the fact that sometimes the unit makers' inspiration didn't have tabbards or the fact that they didn't have time or manpower to add tabbards to them. But we definetly encourage people to enhance our units and create submods to fit their taste. We are aware that the units are not perfect and sometimes there may be missing/incorrect parts on them.

@Rafa. The Ragusan units are mainly the same as in preview but they have been redone but also new units added (pikemen, heavy halberdiers, grenade throwers).

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

congrats to your afforts Wallachian!!
    i think the public release will bring in much more influx and fixing over time

@Wallachian What content is lost by not being able to contact the other two modders? and Congratulations!

probably nothing will be lost long term

The content was mainly a lot of bugfixes and issues (missing portraits, crashes, missing icons, incorrect scripts, lots of balancing, population fixes, recruitment fixes and so on etc, a good example would be the beefing up of the Serbian shadow faction which at the moment is way too weak), plus lots of map changes/corrections and a new faction added (Bavaria). So nothing crucial but it would have added a lot in terms of gameplay and quality. But still the mod is playable even without that so we will be releasing it as it is.

We can expect a gradually update after the release?