Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Pretty well. Current version is very stable so team can continue on building upon it.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Amazing stuff on the last few pages. I honestly can't wait to play my Ottoman campaign!

Great news guys.

I have one idea for the mod, but it is a proposal for the future, maybe for submod or something else. If we speak about Balkans in Timeframe 1345-1530, we should say something about Poland. Yes, because for example Hungary had lots of common with Poland. King Louis (in Poland knows as Ludwik Węgierski) after death of Casimir the Great was a King of Poland, after him his daughter Jadwiga ( I do not know, how is Jadwiga in English) was a king of Poland. King, because in Poland there was no Queens as a main lord. Jadwiga married Wladyslaw Jagiello from Lithuania and after her death, he found Jagiellonian dynasty. After Jadwiga, Wladyslaw has also 3 wifes, but with the last one, has had children - Wladyslaw and Kazimierz. And now we start the history of Polish interventions on the Balkans. Wladyslaw, after political perturbations was a king of Hungary and he has fallen in Battle of Varna 1444. Polish knights fought with Ottomans in battles in Moldovia. Jan Olbracht was the last king in this period, who wanted conquered Moldovia. It was great terrain with ports and trading roads. Zygmunt the Old in the begining of XVI Century make peace treat with Ottomans.

It is only a little shortcut of this history. I could answer questions, if you are interested in.

Good luck with tests, still waiting for this beautiful mod. Cheers.

m

New navy strat models.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Amazing work! Shame that MTW does not have naval battles. With people like Hayreddin Barbarossa and Andrea Doria living in those ages it would‘ve been awesome to see

Have you finished the battle-map of Constantinople?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Looks great developers! In light of recent developments maybe having an offsite backup for the tsardoms mod community be appropriate if you haven’t already got one. Perhaps here? https://discord.gg/kDvF3r
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    Pretty well. Current version is very stable so team can continue on building upon it.
    cant wait

Hi guys, how are you?

looks very fantastic

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks excellent, keep up brilliant work looking forward to all your hard efforts

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

We are doing very well. We are the second stage of the testing of the mod and have progressed from closed alpha to closed beta. We are testing the economy, various AIs, AI behaviour and other small things like that.

This basically means we are playing lots of campaigns to see how AI reacts and what the problems are

Here is an example

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looks like fun!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

And like tough luck for the Venetians.

It is very fun. I especially love playing as merchant republics. Great potential for roleplaying a martime power, slowly taking over the Black sea as Genoa or taking over Albania and Greece as Venice, securing islands as outposts etc.

Holy crap Serbia is a beast, it ate up most of the Balkans. Love how you are island hopping with Genoa

The good news its that campaign is pretty balanced, sometimes Serbia takes overy everything while in other times it gets stomped and Hungary or Wallachia become main power in region. It adds to replayability.

Campaign with Italian City States would be great challenge

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

I have been occasionally I think for the last 10 years or so checked how the mod is going. I'm glad that you are still making progress though it's been a while. I am impressed by the indurance of the team doing this work for free. Thank you. Looking forward to play as Wallachia and Moldova, may it be this year or the next one to come.
    All the best!

/Michael

This is making me so tense and nervous, we are so close, I hope you keep the momentum.

Well the mod is very stable and fun to play currently. We have a team of beta testers that is fully enjoying it but we are constantly making fixes and improvements. We don't want to release something that still has issues and we are still finding little things from time to time like a missing texture here, a missing flag there and that sort of stuff. The biggest thing we are working on now is the AI behaviour, making sure that it is both fun and also historical (for example we had an issue with AI balkan factions sending random armies to italy due to the fact that there are lots of rebels there). With every new fix the mod it is getting better and better. We have a tester that will be working on doing a playing video but it will take some time.