Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Now that I know this, I think I would have preferred having France or Aragon as playable factions rather than the Duchy of Bavaria (Austria).

I know the team worked really hard on this mod since the zone where it's located is very diverse and rich in cultures but I think that this just goes against that idea.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBearer View Post
    just wandering, have any of the byzantine units changed look?
    Nope. But they have access to a bunch of mercs

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Now that I know this, I think I would have preferred having France or Aragon as playable factions rather than the Duchy of Bavaria (Austria).

I know the team worked really hard on this mod since the zone where it's located is very diverse and rich in cultures but I think that this just goes against that idea.
    You wouldn't have France or Aragon as playable, both were late era emerging factions, with France being very late era so it was a waste of faction slot really. France was replaced long ago with Golden Horde to fill the empty space in the north eastern part of the map. Bavaria replaced shadow (rebel) Bulgarian faction and it's a really good addition in my humble opinion. That area of the map was also empty, just a bunch of rebel German settlements. Yes the roster is basically reskinned Austria but that's not a bad thing, it's one of the strongest rosters in the mod, especially in late era. We do have 5 or 6 French units in the mod for what it's worth. I'll show some unit pics today.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I get a kind of feeling that Bavaria is a generic German faction with few unique units.

I hope this isn't the case.
    Not sure what you are expecting from a medieval mod. But many factions are like this for example Italians. There is also a hardcoded unit limit which we have reached.

Also why waste faction slots on factions that are not on the map and would appear hundreds of turns into the game? A large majority of people would not even see them. It takes 100 turns to get to 1400, 300 turns to get to 1500. How many people play that much?

How about the relationship between Wallachia and Moldova, as far as I can remember it is not possible to make the "Great Union". Will they have to fight each other to end the campaign?

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Great work!
    Last edited by Dusan Silni; December 08, 2020 at 02:14 AM.

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Is it possibe to get an option to unite the Roman Empire by killing John VI Kantakouzenos or by taking Adrianople and Didymoteichon? Just like in the old video Roman coronation on youtube and will we get to choose when playing Bosnia to be krstjani or catholic faction?

Guys, we are very close to release. Please stop asking so many questions about this faction, that faction, this feature, that feature. I understand your anxiety, but please wait a few more days and you can check it out yourselves and have fun doing it
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Quote Originally Posted by kanteljic View Post
    Guys, we are very close to release. Please stop asking so many questions about this faction, that faction, this feature, that feature. I understand your anxiety, but please wait a few more days and you can check it out yourselves and have fun doing it
    Haha i see kanteljic has reached my level of frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Silni View Post
    Is it possibe to get an option to unite the Roman Empire by killing John VI Kantakouzenos or by taking Adrianople and Didymoteichon? Just like in the old video Roman coronation on youtube and will we get to choose when playing Bosnia to be krstjani or catholic faction?
    Yes, there are two roman empire factions and one of them is a shadow faction. So when they die off the Roman Empire is re-united. But not like in the old video as that used 3 faction slots which we decided is a big waste of a faction slot to do this.

The Bosnian religion mechanism is not finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Diluviu View Post
    How about the relationship between Wallachia and Moldova, as far as I can remember it is not possible to make the "Great Union". Will they have to fight each other to end the campaign?
    Well the mod is focused on historical accuracy for the medieval period, so no there is no union. But there is an ancillary for a crown if you conquer the historical areas of wallachia, moldova, transilvania. And of course they can fight each other to the end of the campaign. why not? there were several wallachian-moldavian wars historically. They do start off as allied but in medieval 2 engine the AI breaks alliances anyway.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

TATW 3.2 has a reunion of kingdoms in one single Empire i believe.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Not sure how it goes against that idea. Plenty of factions share rosters (all italian factions share a base roster, the turkic factions share the same base roster, the vlach factions share the same base roster, croatia and austria share a base roster and so on). If the factions didn't share base rosters than we would never be able to create the mod since there is a hardcoded limit on the number of factions.

Plus Bavaria has quite a lovely roster as they get several special units such as burgundian archers, flemish pikemen (bavaria was in personal union with dutch states at the time), several french units (bavaria was generally allied with france against habsburgs).

And to add to the above we do welcome submods. Once we release you are welcome to create a France or Aragon faction and we would happily include it as a submod or alternate campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Not sure how it goes against that idea. Plenty of factions share rosters (all italian factions share a base roster, the turkic factions share the same base roster, the vlach factions share the same base roster, croatia and austria share a base roster and so on). If the factions didn't share base rosters than we would never be able to create the mod since there is a hardcoded limit on the number of factions.

Plus Bavaria has quite a lovely roster as they get several special units such as burgundian archers, flemish pikemen (bavaria was in personal union with dutch states at the time), several french units (bavaria was generally allied with france against habsburgs).

And to add to the above we do welcome submods. Once we release you are welcome to create a France or Aragon faction and we would happily include it as a submod or alternate campaign.
    Bavaria was in a personal union with the dutch states? I feel ashamed of not knowing my own history now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wagh View Post
    Bavaria was in a personal union with the dutch states? I feel ashamed of not knowing my own history now lol
    Yeap.

Louis IV (German: Ludwig; 1 April 1282 – 11 October 1347), called the Bavarian, of the house of Wittelsbach, was King of the Romans from 1314, King of Italy from 1327, and Holy Roman Emperor from 1328.

Louis IV was Duke of Upper Bavaria from 1294/1301 together with his elder brother Rudolf I, served as Margrave of Brandenburg until 1323, as Count Palatine of the Rhine until 1329, and he became Duke of Lower Bavaria in 1340. He obtained the titles Count of Hainaut, Holland, Zeeland, and Friesland in 1345 when his wife Margaret inherited them.

I get a kind of feeling that Bavaria is a generic German faction with few unique units.
    I mean, how much difference can it be between 2 duchies that are next to each other? If one would figure out a new style of fighting that would be effective, the other would soon adapt it.

Same as how the Italian states fought pretty much the same way. Yeah it's awesome if we can make special units, but basically the armies used very similar equipment and very similar fighting styles there. Same with the Turkish Beyliks. There is no faction on our map that could have some completely new way of fighting. Yet you can still see various styles of warfare; from the traditional Western European with the Duchy of Athens and Kingdom of Trinacria and Sicily, to the Italian states armies, to the Balkan style which was quite diverse, to the way the Turks fought, and if you want to just mass horse archers you can go wit the Golden Horde. There is really a huge amount of replayability in the mod, even if some factions aren't so different than the others.

Keep in mind there are location specific units which are also more used by certain factions, despite being available to all. So it adds extra depth there too

I understand your answer, but the very purpose of the game (to conquer the whole map with the same fraction) is a historical inaccuracy... That is, the lack of the concrete historical fact of union until 1600 does not imply a theoretical lack of the possibility of union .

Finally ... if the questions and the fact that the forum is active frustrates you, we (at least me) can keep quiet and wait patiently ))

I understand your answer, but the very purpose of the game (to conquer the whole map with the same fraction) is a historical inaccuracy... That is, the lack of the concrete historical fact of union until 1600 does not imply a theoretical lack of the possibility of union .
    The crown ancillary is meant to represent the 1600 union as that was just a personal union, not an actual state union. It was one person having the crown of wallachia and moldova and the governorship of transilvania in the name of the emperor while the actual states and their administration remained separate.

And yes for sure you can conquer the whole map but we generally stick to history and are severely limited by the game engine.

And if you play with the difficulty that is meant to be played hard or very hard it will be pretty difficult to conquer the whole map.

Finally ... if the questions and the fact that the forum is active frustrates you, we (at least me) can keep quiet and wait patiently ))
    No, I am generally happy to answer questions. It's just when people ask exactly the same question multiple times it becomes quite tiresome.

I assume you can become Holy Roman Emperor as Austria, right?

Yes it is possible but the conditions were made by a team member that left. So not sure what the conditions are

The conditions are: must be Catholic faction, global ranking of the faction must be in top 4, requires titles: Archduke of Austria or Duke of Bavaria and character must spend 1 turn in Vienna or Munich (to be crowned). And of course there must be no other existing Holy Roman Emperor (Louis IV starts as Holy Roman Emperor)

The Kantakouzenoi are still playable right?

I'm afraid not