Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faction list

Not if you modelled them accurately: very few templars, hospitalers etc. knights were readily available at all times (for instance, the disaster at Hattin has costed the Templars 1/3 of the total brothers knights - around 230 men - meaning they had less than 700 knights, in addition of course to the sergeants and squires. No to mention that the Templars were usually the most numerous of the orders at that period). So, if you have a unit that costs 2X the amount of the best knight unit of that faction, a high maintenance cost and smaller unit size, and takes 2X the turns of a regular knightly unit... no, they won't be invinsible.

The knight orders were indeed kind of independant (the Papal control was only a formality, they usually manipulated the Popes to extract favorable Bulls, not vice versa) but they held only castles and outposts, they had no state in place.

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides

Yap, but it would a shame to don't put them as a faction. i think that a mod focused on crusades, without the orders as faction isn't a mod focusing on the crusades.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

There can only be a certain limit to how realistic a game can be. Since I want to play as Templars or any other order the costs can be high but within gaming reason.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

suggestion: can you add the al mohades or al moravides,because in history of maghreb(morocco, algeria, tunisia, liby) was controlled by the al mohade empires.for the they disapear very kquikly zirite and they have a unite lamtuna.
    lamtuna is the tribe of the almoravides.so ithink we can add almoravides

If this game had a more sophisticated modelling of provinces so that noblemen might rule individual territories within a kingdom - like in Crusader Kings - the Orders would be easier. I would give them some of separate existence. Perhaps Smyrna or part of Cyprus, Rhodes could be possible territories for the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem. While the Hospitallers were not as sovereign in practice as the Teutonic Knights, they were ruled by no one except their masters and the Pope.

i think they will be very nice if the modders can add the mongols(we can call them ilkhanat or golden horde or what ever).this will make the muslm very weak this will make crusader total war very funny.

this could be put in a second release...we want to finish a basic mod in a few time so you can enjoy it with a playable campaign...then in later releases we'll surely add new factions...

ok i understand.and i'm sur i will enjoy this mod

So there isnt going to be a England or france and the other countries in europe. Or are they going to be added in a later release?

probably not. We are planning to make a "crusader faction", in which we can represent all the crusader "foreign" expeditions...but we are not sure yet.

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

This mod is focsing only on the holy land....

But didnt England fight for the "holy land" also? Under the command of the pope? But is the papal included and if so will they have english units and such?

In the holy land there will be a lot of "European" mercenary units, as longobowmen, french arbalestriers, norman knights and others

Okay sorry for those annoying posts if you found them annoying. I dont know much about this period of time and i thought they where there.

greek302's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Faction list

Change of plans, I am now working on re-skinning some norman units.

View image - Templar Icon
    Last edited by greek302; May 15, 2006 at 12:36 AM.
    No expectations, no disappointments!
    Member of the Crusader: Total War & Barbarian: Total War teams
    !!Did you like my post? If so, give me some Rep!!
    Support Lt. Ehren Watada
    Misspelling Words Since 1994
    Greek302
    Since May 01, 2006

The factions are not completely finalized yet but we will be providing these for our first release. The later versions will be adding or changing factions depending on the gameplay itself.
    The die is cast...
    Unfortunately, it turned up right for Caesar, not for me.

Since you are a historian...I need to ask you a question. I can't find a good seljuk symbol, so I was wondering if It would be ok to use the current Turkish flag for the banner & icon?
    Support Lt. Ehren Watada
    Greek302
    Since May 01, 2006

i sent you some symbol we used for a few muslim\crusader factions
    check them if you find the time

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

A basic Islamic symbol is the Crescent like the Cross is for the Crusaders

THE CRUSADES: THE CRESCENT AND THE CROSS on the History Channel

No modern flags, if you please...
    The die is cast...
    Unfortunately, it turned up right for Caesar, not for me.

I will send those on to who ever ends up doing it.
    Support Lt. Ehren Watada
    Greek302
    Since May 01, 2006

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast