Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Historical/mythical Battles for THERA, Legacy of the Great Torment.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Historical/mythical Battles for THERA, Legacy of the Great Torment.

I too was thinking about the Privateers' sack of the Vatican,and even the battle where the Livonians are almost vanquished could be interesting.

Thera lore is full of potential,it's fairly easy to introduce some major battles. The difficult thing would be to make them fit well into the timeline:they would be BEFORE the start of a new campaign,in theory,so probably no Kukulcan fighting the Romuli,I fear.

Another one that comes to mind is the Wotan's killing of outsiders in their cities:the outsiders could be rendered with some militia units and men-at-arms,or other mercenaries,to represent merchants' bodyguards and the like.

Also,sorry for my lack of feedback about this HB,I haven't found the time to play it yet.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    I too was thinking about the Privateers' sack of the Vatican,and even the battle where the Livonians are almost vanquished could be interesting.

Thera lore is full of potential,it's fairly easy to introduce some major battles. The difficult thing would be to make them fit well into the timeline:they would be BEFORE the start of a new campaign,in theory,so probably no Kukulcan fighting the Romuli,I fear. .
    Liberties have been (and Im sure will be in future) taken with the timeline to allow inclusion of the best units available to the factions involved. For example in the Sacking of the Vactican, I would want to include sharpshooters and cannon.

I dont see any issues with including battles not yet mentioned in Thera Lore, the beauty of the Thera concept, is that we are not bound by historic accuracy or a writtten lore (like for example TATW). This gives us almost free reign to produce whatever we feel would be fun to play.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Oh perfect,then we can start thinking about something interesting.

Townie's Avatar Semisalis

How about the Siege of Kara Korum?
    It could be between the Lao Che and the Tahar Caliphate.
    Here's some backstory-
    in 245 AT (After Torment) the Lao Che declare war on the Tahar Caliphate. After wiping them out of Mesocala completely, the Lao Che send their whole army to Ibellica to finish off the Tahar's and in their arrogance they leave their homelands virtually defenseless. The Tahar, in a last ditch attempt to defeat the Lao Che, sneak an army to the shores of the Kara Korum province. It consists of a contingent of Tushkan troops (archers, spearmen, swordsman etc.) and 60 elephants that come to a total of 1500 troops. Thankfully for the Lao Che, a peasant that is tending his fields before the start of winter sees this army and warns the delegates of Kara Korum. This gives them time to prepare the two regiments of elite archers they have at the city along with a small militia which still only gives them a total of around 750 troops. (obviously in reality, that is in the Theran universe, the number would be much larger this is only for the HB) Outnumbered 2 to 1 can the forces of the Lao Che defend their city? For if they fail the Tahar will sweep aside Bor Jin and the rest of the Kingdom and deal the Khanate a fatal blow.
    What do ya think?

A nice idea,a "Scipio strategy" is always prone to provide a good dramatic battle.

Townie's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    A nice idea,a "Scipio strategy" is always prone to provide a good dramatic battle.
    Indeed
    That IS where I got my idea

Default Re: 3D anim short movies created using THERA, Legacy of the Great Torment

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre dumas View Post
    video 3:SPARTACUS's GLADIATORS vs ROMAN GARRISON
    MOD use for VIDEO:THERA, Legacy of the Great Torment
    MOD CREATOR:
    TheFirstONeill

Father of Thera

VIDEO by :Alexandre dumas aka Warlordharry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPP67...eature=related
    Very cool! +rep
    Clever use of buildings, that.

Default Re: 3D anim short movies created using THERA, Legacy of the Great Torment

Quote Originally Posted by EleventyK View Post
    Very cool! +rep
    Clever use of buildings, that.
    can u use the gladiator unit in this mod? what faction should i play to have them? cause they are fighting the romans in the video. thank you guys.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

You can play with Gladiators as the Romuli

thanks ror the response Holy Pilgrim, just downloaded Thera and it was great!

video 4:THE EAGLE 3d anim re enactement (roman's fort night attack)

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Nice work, great to see you again alexandre

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

thanks it's nice to be back indeed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12