Thread: ShogunTW newbe question

Default ShogunTW newbe question

Well, the first TW game I played was Rome, then med 2, med, Empires and nowI bought Shogun Total War Gold Edition. Of course, it didn't work because my nvidia is to new/fast/whatever but I fixed that (only choose software mode in graphic options), and no it runs smoothly. Now here are my questions:
    1) There are different campaigns: Sengoku, 1530, 1550 or 60 and 1580 (plus the mongol Invasion). Well, the Sengoku campaign starts at 1530 aswell, and the starting conditions are completely diferent than in the 1530 campaign, so Iassume one is the historical version and the other one well, sth. else. Can someone clear this up please? Which campaignand clan shouldI startwith?
    2) Are there any mods?
    3) What is the throne room's function apart from being cool? When I click on the advisor, he recitites Sun Tzu.
    4) Well, I can play Shogun but not Medieval Total war. Do I miss something? Which is the better one?
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; September 21, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: ShogunTW newbe question

1.) Donīt know if there is a historical accurate campaign. Cause all clans have nearly equal territories in each one.
    The Sengoku Jidai era is the original STW campaign. With the expansion Mongol Invasion the other three starting dates were introduced. I think just to start with better, upgraded building and units. And of course starting small in 1530 with one or two provinces only.

2.) NO, this started only with MTW. But you can change unit stats and other things in the txt-files on your own.

3.) You have not played STW much yet, or?
    The main feature is to welcome ambassadors of the other clans as well as portuguese or dutch captains. Instead of only a paper popping up (as in RTW) you see the ambassador entering from the front door and speaking to you.
    Oh and you can also see a map on the bottom with the current owner of the provinces. Just in case you donīt have enough spies.

4.) Personal preference.
    For me MTW. It lacks the throne room and ingame videos as well as balanced units equal for all factions.

But therefore it offers loyalty for all units and Civil Wars (I missed them in all following games ). And character traits called "vices and virtues" for all units. Not only for family members as in RTW but for all units! You can make any small captain a great and influental person in your empire by giving titles to your characters as well as naming governeurs for each province.

And in battles you have siege engines now (and closed doors in your castles ). Not to mention "Glorious Achievements" (scoring points for missions) as second win condition beside the usual conquer x provinces.
    Last edited by Xerrop; September 22, 2010 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    1.)
    3.) You have not played STW much yet, or?
    Only the tutorial and historical battles. I just started a campaign.
    1.)
    4.) Personal preference.
    For me MTW. It lacks the throne room and ingame videos as well as balanced units equal for all factions.

But therefore it offers loyalty for all units and Civil Wars (I missed them in all following games ). And character traits called "vices and virtues" for all units. Not only for family members as in RTW but for all units! You can make any small captain a great and influental person in your empire by giving titles to your characters as well as naming governeurs for each province.

And in battles you have siege engines now (and closed doors in your castles ). Not to mention "Glorious Achievements" (scoring points for missions) as second win condition beside the usual conquer x provinces.
    Oh...It's wierd that I can't play medieval because it's to old but can play Shogun, which is even older...
    Isn't there a way to work around the battle mode freeze in medieval tw?
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; September 22, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

Donīt know. I have also troubles with MTW. Too bad that my old laptop has crashed ...
    Register on "totalwar.org" - The Shogun and Medieval section there seems to be more active. Maybe you can get any hint from them.

Donīt know. I have also troubles with MTW. Too bad that my old laptop has crashed ...
    Register on "totalwar.org" - The Shogun and Medieval section there seems to be more active. Maybe you can get any hint from them.
    Well, thanks for the answers. I am busy right now with playing RSII and Shogun (and of course real life).