Thread: Cheats

Default Cheats

yeah i know cheats are bad, but im a noob and i just wasnt to mess around for a while to get a feel for thing and find out how to do everything. how do you enter the cheats such as .deadringer. i cant find where to type them in and ~ doesnt work or any other key for that matter. i just dont know how to enter them.

Valus's Avatar Natura, artis magistra

Just type .deadringer. or any other cheat while playing in the campaign mode and there you go! It is as simple as that!

PS
    Welcome to TWC!
    Under the patronage of Søren
    The proud liege of Mimirswell, Proximus, Rhah, Phaedo and EmperorJulian

Former Moderator and Senatorii
    Member of the House of Caesars

yeah but how do i activate them, if i just press enter if goes to the next year

Valus's Avatar Natura, artis magistra

You do not need to activate them in any way, atleast I didnt have to, all you need to do is to wright .deadringer. while playing and you will receive 1 million florins. You dont need to press any other key after you have entered the cheat to confirm..

PS
    If you can I think that you should test it now and if it doesnt work come back and I will try and help you further...
    Under the patronage of Søren
    The proud liege of Mimirswell, Proximus, Rhah, Phaedo and EmperorJulian

Former Moderator and Senatorii
    Member of the House of Caesars

Civitate

to type in cheats, i.e deadringer for 1 000 000 money, all you need to type is ".deadringer."(without quotes). If it works you will hear the treasury sound, you know the one that sounds like money being dropped.
    But be warned, if you type in cheats, the AI factions also get them, so if you type in the monet cheat, the AI factions also get money, and this works for every cheat.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    to type in cheats, i.e deadringer for 1 000 000 money, all you need to type is ".deadringer."(without quotes). If it works you will hear the treasury sound, you know the one that sounds like money being dropped.
    But be warned, if you type in cheats, the AI factions also get them, so if you type in the monet cheat, the AI factions also get money, and this works for every cheat.
    So if I activate ".worksundays." the AI also gets it?

GREAT, this way you can play and meet only High profile armies!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun

thats not true actually. i tested it by using the 'CTRL+0-9' cheat, where u switch between factions.

i found that after i used the cheat, all the other factions had like 500 gc.

so i gave them all a million each so i'd get at least a little challenge

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by muller4
    yeah i know cheats are bad
    No they are not. Moralists think so, but in reality it's all relative, and thus no definative answer of "good" or "bad" can exist.

Here's your cheats, lad:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...de/589394.html

I'm not really sure how these work. For .worksundays. how does it work? Some sites say it makes buildings go up a year, others say it completes them. Is there a way to complete all buildings and units in your queue at once?

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

.worksundays. makes all building complete in one turn. Nothing more, nothing less

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

But do I type it in beofre I've before I make any buildings? Does it only work for the first in the queue or all buildings?

Ok, say you're building a cathedral. You have to put it in only once, BEFORE you build it. Then every building after that will take only one turn to build. ANY building. Just make sure you don't put the cheat in when you're building has already started being built (like, it's already had two years of building)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Thanks it works now. Is there anyway to get the same thing for units?

Ooh, don't know. I don't think there is.

Oh well thanks for the help.

T'saright

I prefer Rome's cheats. Especially process_cq and process_rq, or when that doesnt work create_unit