Thread: N:TW Armies Organiser

Matsky's Avatar Civis

Icon3 N:TW Armies Organiser

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this...

I've made a little excel spreadsheet for my game (it's made in Office 2007 - don't think it will work with older programs) and I thought I might post it here in case anyone else wants to check it out or use it.

It just adds another level of immersion for me. It keeps track of all my units and their history.

If you go to the "Main List" tab you can click on the army/navy names and it will link you to their respective tabs, and click the arrow to return. If you just fill in the details for the army/navy tabs, it should automatically update all the information on the "Main" tab. Later on I'll upload one I've completed from one of my campaigns so you can see how it looks.

Note that I've included the starting units for Great Britain, but you can delete them and put in whatever you want, or re-organise them - whatever you like.

Cheers,
    Matsky

EDIT: Made a few improvements.
    Last edited by Matsky; September 11, 2010 at 01:35 AM.

Atlaas's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: N:TW Armies Organiser 1.1

Colourful and with internal navigation buttons: awesome.
    Your are considering your game very seriously.

Matsky's Avatar Civis

Default Re: N:TW Armies Organiser 1.1

Thanks mate, yeah... I don't know it just adds another level of immersion for me and it's kinda cool to look back over my old campaign details a few months from now...

I think I might have stuck this in the wrong forum though, do moderators move them for you if you ask?

Also I just uploaded a new version, I've made a few improvements. It's still set for the start of the British campaign. I'm thinking I might put up a finished campaign some time in case anyone's interested in seeing how it looks when the numbers are filled out.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default Re: N:TW Armies Organiser

Quote Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
    It just adds another level of immersion for me. It keeps track of all my units and their history.
    I won't disagree regarding your level of immersion. It reminds me a a Red Dwarf episode where Rimmer discusses/relives his triumphs in Risk

LISTER: What I want to know, is how the smeg can you remember what dice
    you threw at a game you played when you were seventeen?

RIMMER: I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do
    that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in
    the sleeping quarters. I ask you, what better way is there to spend a
    Saturday night?

(No offense intended. As long as you have fun, all is cool.)
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

Hey, this is really neat. I used to do this myself except I'd go too far with it. I would take each army and divide it into brigades of three regiments. I would list the name of the commanding officers and promote the senior most to be brigadier general. Then I would group four brigades into a division. It ended up taking too much time but in theory it was really fun. In essence, I just made an order of battle.

How would you open this in game? When I press Alt Esc, my game freezes and I wouldn't know any other way.

Alt Esc?

I like it,planned something similar, Thank You!

kaasbris's Avatar Civis

Note that I've included the starting units for Great Britain, but you can delete them and put in whatever you want, or re-organise them - whatever you like. Cheers, Matsky
    Great job, Matsky.
    I made my own version for Austria, using your organizer.
    Can I upload here?

This is an excellent, MUST have addition to the game when you use the 20+ units the SP campaign!

+rep

yeaaaaa!!!

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this...

I've made a little excel spreadsheet for my game (it's made in Office 2007 - don't think it will work with older programs) and I thought I might post it here in case anyone else wants to check it out or use it.

If you go to the "Main List" tab you can click on the army/navy names and it will link you to their respective tabs, and click the arrow to return. If you just fill in the details for the army/navy tabs, it should automatically update all the information on the "Main" tab. Later on I'll upload one I've completed from one of my campaigns so you can see how it looks.

Note that I've included the starting units for Great Britain, but you can delete them and put in whatever you want, or re-organise them - whatever you like.

Cheers,
    Matsky

EDIT: Made a few improvements.
    Nice contribution. Not all of are artists making new units. Keep up this kind of work please.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Hello! Where can I find this please?

hey! i think it is the thing i need for 80 units in a battle. But where is the download link for the mod?