Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWC Grand Campaign Guide - BRITAIN

Default Re: TWC Grand Campaign Guide - BRITAIN

nice stuff about war ...........

*edited post to delete.*
    Last edited by Raven7_7; March 11, 2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Figured out what I was doing wrong

Radazz's Avatar Laetus

great guide thanks, still cant figured out the london express, hmm but im sure the problems with me So when my first sloop ( full with army) goes out from the port, and im close to the next ship, what should i do next? how can i take the army from the first ship to the other ship whoch has moving points?

well, this doesnt work for me, i always get something else

1. i start turn 2 with 5 more gold. dunno if its important, but how the hell did i get 5 more?

2. the dutch fleet doesnt engage, i have to engage them, getting just 1 ship, and messes up my naval completly

3. i get sabotaged a gibraltar

4. i cant get an 4 star minister

with a friend im using a WHOlE different strategy, we load wellington in a ship, invade france, loot 1 region, and are gone. we use that money to fortify gibraltar, and later loot an spanish region for an second fleet to capture those islands, and forming it into an massive fortress(high lvl recruit center, large star fort, highest lvl millitary dock, 30 units total). however, the spanish at/near madrid have somehow got more as 40 units, so we cant get past them.

I'm having real trouble for maintaining Bretagne and killing a pesky french spy that has already killed Sir Thomas Moore, and most likely will kill any other general i place at that settlement.

Below are the download links for this guide and the map/index that accompanies it.

Playing via the guide. On about the 9th turn with Nelson's fleet loaded with Wellesleys army. I was attacked by the Spanishs mammoth fleet. I won the encounter without losing a ship. Therefore the army had no losses. Pretty much put the Spanish Navy out of commision with this battle. My question is is it actually a good thing. Because its going to take a lot of money to fix the fleet.....which I do not have at the moment. All the ships are at about half power or less.

Another comment about the process through the guide..Everything goes pretty good till about the 17th turn when France jumps two of my Tokyo Express Sloops and raids the trade routes with 3 seperate 38 Gun Ships. Don't have anything out in that part of the ocean to hunt them down unless I pull some of my port raiders. But I guess I better do that or there going to reek havoc on my trade routes. I think they have patched the naval AI since this guide was made.

Nice read. Started my campaign today. I havenīt tried to follow this guide to the letter. I was about to move my army to gibraltar when I got the mission to take rennes. Then I was within reach of the harbour. I had already destroyed all France ports to the max so expected I would get time to react. I left hardly no army at home. Keeping army stock piled that see no action is a no no for me due to up keep and getting no use for it. Better they die off a bit and becoming useful. Taking Rennes that was entirely undefended. No battle duh... Oh my god Paris is so close retreat or go for Paris. I didnīt expect to be able to hold it but some major loot I was hoping for. Anyway went for it and Normandie next I believe? Nice battle but easy win with 10:1 kill ratio in my favour. Army still in good condition so the full stacked Paris Army didnīt look intimidating whatsoever. Half of it militia. No Napoleon or other generals in sight. Are they all in Moscow or Italy or something? Again an easy 10:1 ratio win. I lost 1 militia unit and 2 horse units all in al in these battles. The pay off from Paris was really worth it. As expected would probably be hard to keep even with full stacked army and maybe force me to put to much focus on trying to build army instead of economy. Looted it demolished some of the buildings to give the French nothing. Leave Paris empty and go and capture the remaining costal regions before they have time to mobilize. Making Belgium a protectorate with virtually no fight and then taking the rich dutch province for myself. French didnīt seem the slightest interested in hunting me of French turf... They very slowly marched on Paris and when they got there with a small 4 sized units of line men they just lay siege and wouldnīt attack. Gave me all the time in the world to reinforce if I had any wish to.... So stupid AI this is.

This trip really has to hurt them not to mention having no trade ports so I plan to keep Britain undefended. They donīt have a single port to the Atlantic and there is just one other port on the midterranian you have to sabotage. Spain donīt have many ports either you have to keep in check. I secured most trade nodes. Portugal got two but they are allied so got to give them something. Then I played cat and mouse with a danish fleet occupying all trade nodes with my battleships but messed up a bit and he could snag a coffee port in the far east ottoman territory with me fighting of the last remnants of some french fleet gah.

No problem with sea dominance I wonder if I will ever build any more sea vessels. Build one sloop when all my trade ports was occupied Lost a two/three ships in battle perhaps but also captured some. As it looks now I need to make new enemies for fleets to be a problem and hopefully I can direct when that happens. Denmark and Russia is the only ones active from what I have seen by now.

Diplomacy is a bit better though. France the sneaky bastards conspired getting Belgium to declare war on me lol. Costed me a lot of techs to win them back. Hope I can trust them now as I want them as cushions for my holland province. Donīt like having Prussia that close either but Holland is such a money maker I will defend it. It also got me a second university so I have more to bargain with

BTW as for the guide why dockyard at gibraltar instead of trade port?. I loose so many turns on sending trade ships from britain down there even with leap frogging once you get to the trade nodes. Wished I would have made a trade port there from early on I changed to trade port after a while when I realized I would maybe not need any dock yards whatsoever. Which is a shame because naval battles was fun and was the main reason I choose GB. I now got the small isles just to be able to get another trade port and start spamming merchant ships faster as well.

So far a campaign about being a total sabotaguer. Next to actually conquer

What's the best way to download these via U Torrent?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123