View Poll Results: Should Poland and Lithuania be separate countries?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (replace major faction)

13 28.89%
  • Yes (replace minor faction)

23 51.11%
  • No (leave Poland out)

9 20.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: RELEASED Lithuania Sub-Mod for DMUC 6.2

madrush's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RELEASED Lithuania Sub-Mod for DMUC 6.2

sounds like the UK union to me

+rep For this kind of initiative even if it is dead already... It would be great to see historically accurate version of Lithuania during last decades of Commonwealth. Though, I must say that if you are or were aiming for historical accuracy, you must take things more seriously. During 18th century Lithuania was a very complex state. Beside Lithuanians, there were large numbers of Ruthenians, Jews. Not to mention, that the vast majority of nobility were speaking Polish and had bonds with Poland which were very difficult to cancel. Even though nobility was Polish spoken, they called themselves Lithuanians. And Lithuanians they were. Constitution of May 3 still emphasizes the two countries in one union. There are much more to say and research, but I don't have time for that. From what I saw in this threat, I must say that you should take research much more seriously. For example, the flags that you are willing to implement for Lithuania are not correct at all. Nowadays Lithuania flag (red, green, yellow) was created only in XXth century by intellectuals of ethnical Lithuanian, not nobility. They had no influence and did not participate in ruling of country during XVIII and first half of XIX centuries. The rider on the flag "Vytis" is also wrong. You should use much older versions of this symbol. Furthermore, "Battle" flag rider is Byelorussian version of Vytis. Grand Duchy of Lithuania never used this kind of Vytis. About uniforms of soldiers... Very few of Lithuanians had some sort of military uniforms at all. That is because of military system in Lithuania. Regular military force was still very small.
    In conclusion, I would advise you to read some more historically correct information or try to find better Lithuanian researchers here in TWC forums. If Lithuania would be represented historically correct, I am sure it would become one of the most interesting factions to play. Good luck

So I know it's been 5 years since the last post by the look of it but is there a download anywhere it seems to have been wiped off the face of the earth and based on my readings it actually got pretty far. Would like to know :/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456