View Poll Results: Should Poland and Lithuania be separate countries?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (replace major faction)

13 28.89%
  • Yes (replace minor faction)

23 51.11%
  • No (leave Poland out)

9 20.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED Lithuania Sub-Mod for DMUC 6.2

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: RELEASED Lithuania Sub-Mod for DMUC 6.0

Grand Duke=Didysis Kunigaikštis
    The units should be i think green coats and atleast an elite unit because lithuanians are known for their accuracy
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    I believe that Poland-Lithuania was a Commonwealth in the 18th century-the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand-Duchy of Lithuania. I think the main centre was Warsaw rather than Vilnius however, so Poland was the more powerful of the two. That said, by the end of the 18th century P-L was a protectorate of the Russians so...
    This is true.
    But it was called Poland.
    Maybe you can make Lithuania the protectorate of Poland?

well yeah i had the same idea than i thought, can you break protectorate?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    well yeah i had the same idea than i thought, can you break protectorate?
    I think so...I don't remember.

See for yourself.
    Play a new campaign with Luisiana, open the diplomatic screen, talk to France and look if there's an option that says 'cancel protectorate'.
    If there isn't such an option, then just select 'cancel alliance'.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    This is true.
    But it was called Poland.
    Maybe you can make Lithuania the protectorate of Poland?
    The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was not called Poland
    not to mention Lithuania had it's own separate army and currency and the pariliament (Sejm) elected the common King.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    not to mention Lithuania had it's own separate army and currency and the pariliament (Sejm) elected the common King.
    Damn you Wikipedia!

This has nothing to do with wikipedia we learn quite a lot of history (especially about Lithania and Poland because we had common rulers in the 15-16th century) and I never heard Lithuania or the Commonwealth reffered to as Poland.
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; September 04, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

I think so...I don't remember.

See for yourself.
    Play a new campaign with Luisiana, open the diplomatic screen, talk to France and look if there's an option that says 'cancel protectorate'.
    If there isn't such an option, then just select 'cancel alliance'.
    There's a "Cancel Alliance" button, but it actually offers an alliance (which cancels the protectorate-ship too). Use that option to be friends with the protector. Only other way to be independent is by declaring war, like we did ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    I'm getting seriously confused by all this historical accuracy talk. So look here. http://mapsof.net/uploads/static-map...e_map_1700.jpg. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth consisted of the Kingdom of Poland and Grand Duchy of Lithuania! I'll make Lithuania a protectorate of Poland, just like people say Scotland and Ireland should be protectorates of England.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

There are many issues with protectorate status eg: if you play as a protectorate you will lose money to your protector (which is OK) but you will still keep losing that money even after you cancel the protectorate status (declare war to your protector and things like that). It is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Okmin View Post
    There's a "Cancel Alliance" button, but it actually offers an alliance (which cancels the protectorate-ship too). Use that option to be friends with the protector. Only other way to be independent is by declaring war, like we did ..........

I'm getting seriously confused by all this historical accuracy talk. So look here. http://mapsof.net/uploads/static-map...e_map_1700.jpg. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth consisted of the Kingdom of Poland and Grand Duchy of Lithuania! I'll make Lithuania a protectorate of Poland, just like people say Scotland and Ireland should be protectorates of England.
    ...untill 1707

Foederatus

As Union of 1569 says: one ruler, entitled King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, elected by nobility from both parts of Commonwealth; one parliament, made of sejm and senate; separate armies(but helping each other, exempli gratia wars with Sweden); one currency, but there were two mints, one in Poland ad one in Lithuania. Offices remains separate in Poland and Lithuania, capital was firstly located in Cracow, then since Sigisimund III in Warsaw. In my opinion, if you really want Lithuania in game, you should replace it with some minor faction, because deleting every polish detail is quite strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Skejtu View Post
    As Union of 1569 says: one ruler, entitled King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, elected by nobility from both parts of Commonwealth; one parliament, made of sejm and senate; separate armies(but helping each other, exempli gratia wars with Sweden); one currency, but there were two mints, one in Poland ad one in Lithuania. Offices remains separate in Poland and Lithuania, capital was firstly located in Cracow, then since Sigisimund III in Warsaw. In my opinion, if you really want Lithuania in game, you should replace it with some minor faction, because deleting every polish detail is quite strange.
    nicely said captain obvious

...untill 1707
    Well, Ireland until 1800... so I'm half right
    Quote Originally Posted by Skejtu View Post
    Thanks for the historical info Completely removing Poland was kind of to put Lithuania in the game while I (well, we, since this is getting big) work on separating the two. I wish I could figure out how to give the two countries the same king...
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    nicely said captain obvious
    Very funny, you must be beloved by your friends.

If it was so obvious, why then you wanted to change Lithuania into kingdom? You know everything about Union, but make such mistakes?

If my post is too ofensive, I'm sorry. I just wanted to give my opinion and say why I think so, that's why I added this info about Unia Lubelska.
    Last edited by Skejtu; September 04, 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Okay, can you guys not argue here? Skejtu, we did go over that info before. waisdizss, he had some details we didn't have before.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Carried over from Italian States Sub-Mod thread.
    Hell yeah!

I only need to find out were the gloss maps are for.
    But it will be ok
    Maybe they're the reflective bits on uniforms? I know I've seen shiny-ness on those... but I'm not a skinner so...
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Quote Originally Posted by Okmin View Post
    Carried over from Italian States Sub-Mod thread.

Maybe they're the reflective bits on uniforms? I know I've seen shiny-ness on those... but I'm not a skinner so...
    I don't know.
    But the mod said that you could also paint it black. (I'll do that )

But it shouldn't be such a big problem...

I don't know.
    But the mod said that you could also paint it black. (I'll do that )

But it shouldn't be such a big problem...
    Okay. Meanwhile I'm reading the guide on how to make a new faction, and it looks like activating Hessen is gonna be a long process! Didn't expect that, but I know what I gotta go
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Anyone know how to close a poll? I can't find the button! And it's kinda useless having one up there if we already decided what to do.

Update on progress:

• Removed Hessen rebels from Westphalia (now they don't disappear after a revolution)
    • Gave Lithuanian regions to Hessen (corrected capital too)
    • Converted Hessen to Catholicism and constitutional monarchy

Still working on startpos; although I could deal with localization and some flag elements now, the biggest problems are in the startpos.

Hard to fix startpos stuff:

• The entire royal family is Protestant (big issue, might just replace them all with the Polish family)
    • Lithuania has no armies or agents (I'll convert the Polish armies that start in the regions, and maybe copy-rename Polish agents)
    • The diplomacy situation (looking for ideas on relations with nations other than Poland)

Easy to fix starpos stuff:

• Low-level gov't and cultural buildings in capital (I've changed those before)
    • Non-existent military buildings (see above)
    • No school (again, see above)
    • Victory conditions?

Localization stuff to do (easy, just time-consuming):

• Hessen uses German names (easily fixed if I change the royal names and redirect common names to Polish ones, this also involves DB editing)
    • Currently the king and queen use German titles too, I've changed those before (also involves DB editing)
    • Faction names for Poland-Lithuania and Hessen
    • Faction description?

Database stuff:

• Redirect the names table to Polish
    • Royal titles redirect
    • Lithuanian minister titles?

About units:
    I really have no idea what to do with these guys. MatrixStorm's doing textures, and I'm going stats and descriptions. Ideas needed on what units should be in the army, what they should look like, stats, required techs and buildings. Obviously there's gonna be the standard units like line infantry, grenadiers, regiments of horse, artillery, milita, etc, but even those vary from nation to nation! This is probably the biggest part of the mod.
    Last edited by Okmin; September 04, 2010 at 04:12 PM.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

• Faction description?

well i could create the text but as i said no idea how to do it audio, unless getting some pro recording stuff and doing it myself!

• Lithuanian minister titles?

well thats an easy one if you need i can translate those so no accidental mistakes would happen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast