Thread: - Frequently Asked Questions -

Default - Frequently Asked Questions -

Welcome to the FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions ) of FLAGELLVM DEI, here You can browse through the most commonly asked questions about this modification, but also post any other inquiry that You might have. We will do our best to help You!

Question 1. What happened to RVINA ROMAE?

- The Answer -
    IBFD - INVASIO BARBARORVM FLAGELLUM DEI - is the original modification from which all other IB mods are spawned. The last release of this mod was the 7.03 version ( link to download ). The next version of this mod is called RVINA ROMAE, but the setting of the mod remains the same, and the campaign still starts in 410 AD.

IBRR has yet to be released.

If you have any problems with your installation, questions or simply want to discuss other aspects of IBFD 7.03, please visit this thread.

Question 2. Will I still be able to play my original Barbarian Invasion after installing IBFD 7.03?

- The Answer -
    Yes you will. This mod is modfoldered which means that it will install itself into a separate folder, and it will not change or overwrite any of your original files.

Question 3. When will IBRR 8.0 be released?

- The Answer -
    When it's finished.

Question 4. How do I install mods for Barbarian Invasion when having bought my game from STEAM?

- The Answer -

1. This can unfortuately be a bit tricky, but the best advice we can give you is to check out this link:
    http://forums.steampowered.com, or:

2. You can also try to use Paedric's mod launcher ( link ), or

3. Try this solution, thanks to Byzantine Knight.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Go to the library on steam.

2. Select Rome Total War and right click:

After the click properties you will see this:

Now, you have to type this to launch option: -mod:ibfd -show_err -nm

That's all you have to do. Click OK, then close.

You have to start the game on library. Double click to Rome Total War Gold Edition and select BI.

Question 5. I want my Generals/Captains/Ships/Agents to be able to move "faster" - how do I change the files?

- The Answer -
    Since this is a question that is frequently asked, here's how you do it:

Go to the IBFD folder
    data/descr_character.txt, open it up and look for the line that says starting_action_points and increase the value, but be careful not to raise it too high.

Please note that this will increase the movement points of all your units: generals, captains, ships, assassins, spies and diplomats.

Remember to backup your files before changing them!

Last edited by Joar; December 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Default Re: - Frequently Asked Questions -

Tried changing movement values. But Windows wouldn't allow me to save the changes... Said couldn't find pathway. When I confirmed pathways, said couldn't confirm.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by spartanbasileus View Post
    Tried changing movement values. But Windows wouldn't allow me to save the changes... Said couldn't find pathway. When I confirmed pathways, said couldn't confirm.
    Any suggestions?
    I take it you're using Windows 7? Then it could be a UAC issue. I guess you could try to turn the UAC off, or install the mod with administrator privileges. I'm not very good at this cause I have my RTW installed outside the Program folder to avoid issues as these.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am sorry if this question has been answered or the answer is obvious. When i first saw the game i liked it so much that i forgot to ask it. I don't have the game in this pc, so i can't search by myself.

So.. is there any way to disable the 0-turn recruitement and make it at least 1-turn?

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You may mod the units in the export_descr_unit.txt file:

type western peasant alemanni
    dictionary western_peasant_alemanni ; german_levy_alemanni
    category infantry
    class light
    voice_type Light_1
    soldier german_levy_alemanni, 60, 0, 0.8
    attributes sea_faring,hide_forest,can_swim,is_peasant
    formation 1.2, 1.8, 2.4, 2.4, 6,horde
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 5,5, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 25, 0.73
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0,0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 0, 8, 3, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 11,low,untrained
    stat_charge_dist 60
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 0, 80, 20, 20, 30, 80
    ownership slave, lombardi

Increase the underlined number.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Thank you very much!!

hey can somone from the IB team msg me the answer to this question please? Ok well the mod is great, but you already know that. I'm having troubles with CTD's. it seems that whenever i reach the year 416 the game crashes on every consecutive year following 416. I'm quite sure it is not my rig, i got 16 gigs of ram 1g video and a quad core 3.6gig processor, i installed it on a vanilla install of BI 1.6. So i was wondering if there might be a fix for that??? i just dl'ed the upgrader and gonna try it hopefully this fixes my problem, thanx IB team you guys are always on the ball

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do not activate the script.

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    hey can somone from the IB team msg me the answer to this question please? Ok well the mod is great, but you already know that. I'm having troubles with CTD's. it seems that whenever i reach the year 416 the game crashes on every consecutive year following 416. I'm quite sure it is not my rig, i got 16 gigs of ram 1g video and a quad core 3.6gig processor, i installed it on a vanilla install of BI 1.6. So i was wondering if there might be a fix for that??? i just dl'ed the upgrader and gonna try it hopefully this fixes my problem, thanx IB team you guys are always on the ball

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Do not activate the script.
    Is this recommended for everyone or just the ones who have encountered a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalbarca13 View Post
    Is this recommended for everyone or just the ones who have encountered a problem?
    It is recommended for everyone.