Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Submods Recommendations for SS? Ask Here!

Default Re: Submods Recommendations for SS? Ask Here!

Hi everyone. After playing vanilla for, well, since the game came out I've been looking into mods+submods. I'm a set and forget kind of guy, and I don't particularly like dicking around with tweaks. I've figured out Third Age with MOS for the most up-to-date experience there (despite lack of Fellowship campaign), and eagerly await Europa Barborum 2.

But enough of my ramblings, I just want to know what's Stainless Steel 7.0 in Spirit without individually installing, testing, (and the inevitable crash because of incompatabilities)? I've heard "Wait for Titanium!" but it's ded. I heard, "Use Meneth," but have heard mixed feelings about using it on 6.4. And then there's of course SSHIP and BGR, but those are moreso taking the mod in a different direction other than enhancing "vanilla" Stainless Steel.

So, what should I be looking for here? My gut says Meneth with Titanium soundtrack, but I'm open to other ideas.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by FerretMunch View Post
    Hi everyone. After playing vanilla for, well, since the game came out I've been looking into mods+submods. I'm a set and forget kind of guy, and I don't particularly like dicking around with tweaks. I've figured out Third Age with MOS for the most up-to-date experience there (despite lack of Fellowship campaign), and eagerly await Europa Barborum 2.

But enough of my ramblings, I just want to know what's Stainless Steel 7.0 in Spirit without individually installing, testing, (and the inevitable crash because of incompatabilities)? I've heard "Wait for Titanium!" but it's ded. I heard, "Use Meneth," but have heard mixed feelings about using it on 6.4. And then there's of course SSHIP and BGR, but those are moreso taking the mod in a different direction other than enhancing "vanilla" Stainless Steel.

So, what should I be looking for here? My gut says Meneth with Titanium soundtrack, but I'm open to other ideas.
    Haha well first of all it wouldn't hurt to do a little research on your own first. You are about 6 months behind on the times. Titanium is not dead we should be having a basic release very soon.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...?1983-Titanium

As far as SS submods that are already released and still getting worked on, that depends on what you want. SSHIP is the only major overhaul besides Titanium that is still in the works. But there are plenty of other smaller submods out there.

SSHIP Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)

If you want smaller adjustments just look in the submods section and see what tickles your fancy.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Fully agree with Andytheplatypus. Btw, good news about Titanium.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for the reply Andytheplatypus.

I guess I missed most of the stickys in my haste of browsing the sub forum. I guess I'm now awaiting two mods, and it looks like some fantastic work on Titanium. Just as well, I still have a vanilla campaign to finish anyway. My only hope is that Titanium comes out before Half Life 3

Efstratios's Avatar Libertus
    Where my entity is...in the deepest caverns of Khazad-dûm!

Hey guys,passing by to ask a question or two. I have already started a thread about the "greatest" mod that ever existed,but it seems that there is no such thing. I wanted to know if there is an updated version of Meneth comp. mod or even a similar and "better" (by better I mean extended with lotsa lotsa stuff in it). I am quite greedy and you all know it,because I tried to mix 27 or more different mods and I ended up screwing stainless steel.

So...is there such a "great" compilation of mods? It seems that SSHIP sub-mod is quite great (I really love maps with reworked provinces and stuff like that), but I want "more" that just that. Like the "son of a X" mod,the crown one etc etc.

are these mods compatible with each other, reallybadai, SSHIP and meneths submod compilation an titanium? If so in which order should i install them?

Thank you

Is there a sub-mod that changes character portraits? I really find vanilla ones out of place, they often feature anachronistic armor and kinda kill immersion for me.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; August 25, 2014 at 10:56 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I haven't played SS since around 2012/early 2013maybe. What are the good sub mods around nowdays.

Blog Entries

It depends what you're looking for.

Titanium seems to be almost ready for a release. However, I prefer to let Andytheplatypus to answer with more details as he's the team leader.

There's also SSHIP. The current version is beta v0.8.2, which is stable. However, we're still working on it to improve it. We expect another release quite soon but I'm not able yet to give a date for it.

Beside that, you still have HURB and numerous smaller other submods. Note that many of them should be included in Titanium.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 05, 2014 at 11:13 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Just asking, is there a mod for hungary, specifically? Their units seems too much vanilla still

Blog Entries

I only know the Magyar Mod (Kingdoms mod). I don't remember to have seen any SS submods changing the Hungarian units models (but I might have missed it).

Yes i've tried t he magyar mod, but having a huge hungary against still vanila factions, only cumans added, are a little unbalanced, even though i admire that mod so much.
    I wonder if hungary could have one or two units added.

Is there a submod that changes the Seljuk and Moors units? I can't stand the uniform green and orange army.

that sounds silly man, but yesi do believe the SSHIP might change the sejluks to blue or something. take a look on titanium and SSIHP, not sure if titanium is out, but they might change those

Yeah I have SSHIP, awesome mod. But I wanted one that JUST changes the seljuk/moor units for the vanilla SS because SSHIP isn't BGR IV compatible. It is silly but Citrus army ftw.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Is there a sub-mod that changes character portraits? I really find vanilla ones out of place, they often feature anachronistic armor and kinda kill immersion for me.
    There is one but its full of LOTR characters;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ased-(17-7-12)

LOTR, aside, its probably the best working portrait submod in medieval 2 total war all around.

I am working on one right now, but it takes a long time(because of finding decent pics) and it's very boring to do.
    Hopefully I will be done soon since I found some material to speed up my process.
    Last edited by +Marius+; September 10, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    There is one but its full of LOTR characters;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ased-(17-7-12)

LOTR, aside, its probably the best working portrait submod in medieval 2 total war all around.

I am working on one right now, but it takes a long time(because of finding decent pics) and it's very boring to do.
    Hopefully I will be done soon since I found some material to speed up my process.
    i'd love to try and find some. can be from movies also right? would be fun to have random warrior from movies as portraits hahaha

Are there any (sub)mods that add more campaign events to SS? Ocasionally you'll get
    an option to pay privateers to clear the seas of pirates, or to send your priests
    to a religious conference. I figure it'd be more immersive and fun if you you could,
    as king, take more decisions about events that happen in your kingdom.

An idea I have is that a merchant caravan arrives in a city and sets up a monopoly,
    charging exorbitant prices and interest rates. You as king would get the option
    of kicking them out or letting them stay in the city. On the one hand, they pay
    taxes on their income so you would get a nice +income bonus if you let them stay,
    but that means you would have a -public order penalty. We could take this further
    and make events based on previous decisions: A couple of turns later the people
    have kicked them out themselves and then you lose all trading income, or get the
    option of bribing the city leaders or something like that.

So this is what I mean, more events where you as faction leader take decisions
    that impact what happens in your kingdom, some more important than others and
    maybe make some dependent on the results of previous ones. Sorta like the
    political events in Rome 2, but obviously more like the type in MW2.
    Does anything like this exist? I'm surprised to see so many mods that change
    graphics, AI, settlements, units, etc but not this gameplay mechanic.

Hi guys is there any mod that portrays Kingdom of jerusalem, and Crusader states more historicaly looking?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Hi guys is there any mod that portrays Kingdom of jerusalem, and Crusader states more historicaly looking?
    Do you mean with the Kingdom of Jerusalem, the Antioch Principality and the Edessa County? Or is it just about the borders? Or something else?