Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 637

Thread: لغة عربية (Arabic)

  1. #101
    Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.
    Posts
    31,639

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    الوجه لي من ان اذكر كرات الماعز
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

    —Sir William Francis Butler

  2. #102
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    lol, what? I'm not sure i understood that correctly or did i?

  3. #103
    Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.
    Posts
    31,639

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    not sure, I used google translation...
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

    —Sir William Francis Butler

  4. #104
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    what did you try to do?

  5. #105
    Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.
    Posts
    31,639

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Your face looks like Goat balls I think...
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

    —Sir William Francis Butler

  6. #106
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    hahaha lol that's what i thought!

  7. #107

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    السلام عليكم، يا أصدقائي

    About those of you who are asking about dialects:

    All Arabs understand proper Arabic (Classical Arabic in other words), it is used in News, government, and anything official, so studying proper Arabic will allow you to communicate with any Arab, from East to West. However, dialects give someone a sense that you are from his part of the Arab world.
    Example of what I mean is that if you speak to an Iraqi in proper Arabic, he will understand 100%. If you speak in the Iraqi dialect of Arabic, he will not just understand, but feel that you are from Iraq yourself.

    Hope that clears some stuff up .

    آمل أن يكون الله معكم

    Last edited by PurpleScotch; May 14, 2008 at 02:24 PM.

  8. #108
    Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.
    Posts
    31,639

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    About those of you who are asking about dialects:

    All Arabs understand proper Arabic (Classical Arabic in other words), so studying proper Arabic will allow you to communicate with any Arab, from West to East. However, dialects give someone a sense that you are from his part of the Arab world.
    Example of what I mean is that if you speak to an Iraqi in proper Arabic, he will understand 100%. If you speak in the Iraqi dialect of Arabic, he will not just understand, but feel that you are from Iraq yourself.

    Hope that clears some stuff up .
    Thank you very much.

    السلام عليكك
    Last edited by Farnan; May 14, 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

    —Sir William Francis Butler

  9. #109

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    Your face looks like Goat balls I think...
    "Kos Omek" is far more useful.

  10. #110

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Hoping to learn too.. hooray community colleges! :/

    I'm going to pick up a few books and get acquainted with the language as much as I can before the semester starts.
    we are beautiful
    we are doomed

  11. #111

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Hoping to learn too.. hooray community colleges! :/

    I'm going to pick up a few books and get acquainted with the language as much as I can before the semester starts.
    The alphabet is the real obstacle, it makes you feel like a small child learning a new alphabet, but if you've managed to learn others, e.g. Cyrillic, it all falls into place, it's probably easier to learn than Cyrillic actually, because none of the letters look like English ones

  12. #112
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    السلام عليكم، يا أصدقائي

    About those of you who are asking about dialects:

    All Arabs understand proper Arabic (Classical Arabic in other words), it is used in News, government, and anything official, so studying proper Arabic will allow you to communicate with any Arab, from East to West. However, dialects give someone a sense that you are from his part of the Arab world.
    Example of what I mean is that if you speak to an Iraqi in proper Arabic, he will understand 100%. If you speak in the Iraqi dialect of Arabic, he will not just understand, but feel that you are from Iraq yourself.

    Hope that clears some stuff up .

    آمل أن يكون الله معكم


    I don;t understand or speak classic Arabic very well but i know several dialects Gazan, Egyptian, Libyan, Algerian, Morrocan, Tunisian. Although not100 percent. Although im not an Arab...

    كيف حالك وشراك
    cava? bien?
    مليح لاباس

    That's how a greeting would go in the Maghreb. Algerians havea tendency to ask how you are a thousand times in the opening sentence in every language and way, and you;re expected to reply back in kind.

  13. #113

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Arabs are taught classical Arabic from the minute they are born. There is no news station or government in the Arab world that uses a dialect. Dialects, as I explained above, are just a way to show you are Iraq, Algerian, Libyan..etc.

    لكن كما قلت أنت، إنك ليس عربي

    مليح لاباس
    I believe that would be:

    منيح، لا بَأس
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; May 15, 2008 at 04:00 PM.

  14. #114
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    Arabs are taught classical Arabic from the minute they are born. There is no news station or government in the Arab world that uses a dialect. Dialects, as I explained above, are just a way to show you are Iraq, Algerian, Libyan..etc.

    لاكن كما قلت أنت، إنك ليس عربي
    نعب

    منيح
    No its actually;
    مليح
    As in Mlee(h) means good.

    ، لا بَأ
    I always thought it was Berber, morrocan berbers i know greet people as in their hello is "La Bes".

  15. #115

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Are you sure? Even the Maghrebi guys in our school say "Mnee(h)".

    I always thought it was Berber, morrocan berbers i know greet people as in their hello is "La Bes".
    I wouldn't be surprised if some Berber words slipped through into Arabic, as a lot of Berbers in al Maghreb are Arabic speakers and have similar dialects to their Arab countrymen in the rest of al Maghreb. But I am 100% sure "La Ba'ss" is Arabic.

  16. #116
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    Are you sure? Even the Maghrebi guys in our school say "Mnee(h)".
    With an 'n' or 'l'?
    Might be tunisian or moroccan difference.

  17. #117

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    Are you sure? Even the Maghrebi guys in our school say "Mnee(h)".



    I wouldn't be surprised if some Berber words slipped through into Arabic, as a lot of Berbers in al Maghreb are Arabic speakers and have similar dialects to their Arab countrymen in the rest of al Maghreb. But I am 100% sure "La Ba'ss" is Arabic.
    hi, traitor of the ottomans, lol (kidding), i have a question, is the -un at the end always silent in spoken arabic??? (for nouns)

  18. #118

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pivra View Post
    hi, traitor of the ottomans, lol (kidding), i have a question, is the -un at the end always silent in spoken arabic??? (for nouns)
    The one used in for example:"عــربــيٌ"? (the " ٌ ")

    Most of the time we use it, as it is very important in some cases.

  19. #119

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    The one used in for example:"عــربــيٌ"? (the " ٌ ")

    Most of the time we use it, as it is very important in some cases.

    dude, come online like right now and help me do my homework... or i shall eat your children alive...you and the rest of your family shall be sacrificed at the Wakakakonu Volcano to the god Global Warming... he's been very angry lately.. we need to offer him good sacrifices...

    any other arab out here who wants to add me on msn to help me with my various homework... me will rove you rong time......muchas gracias...

    pvara14033@hotmail.com ... im a cannibalistic kufir btw..
    Last edited by Pivra; May 17, 2008 at 09:49 AM.

  20. #120
    .......................
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33,982

    Default Re: ::'' لغة عربية":: (Arabic).

    Oh well i aint arab i guess that excludes me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •