Thread: all gun powder unit fire all rank mod for cow 1.5.1 and how to fix you own ctd (first aid) Tutorial

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Icon1 all gun powder unit fire all rank mod for cow 1.5.1 and how to fix you own ctd (first aid) Tutorial

I know - i know maybe you already know this , but many people never know how to do it and must accept their gun can never fire all rank in medieval 2, and gun unit is somehow useless than crossbow, also it make their life easy when search clue in google

Thanks for Maltacus (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-fire-all-rank) i can finaly unleash the full power of gun(after 5 year ) . But the most important for all of you gun lover is how to do, so you can decide what you like and mod itself.

Tutorial for fire all rank :

1. open call of warhammer EDU (export_descr_unit.txt) usually located in your Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data
    2. go find any gun unit you want to edit and search "gunpowder_unit" located in attributes and deleted it. DONE !!!
    3. to help you guys i will upload my EDU for learning purpose so you can compare it
    4. Also this tutorial can be used for many mods like stainless steel or the vanila itself , just remember if you found fire_by_rank atribut in the EDU just deleted
    5. For people who fear this will ruin the balance of the game,dont worry if i recall using fire all rank make gun unleash its hidden power .

fire all rank mod
    http://www.mediafire.com/?335m3ufdhrc3ksc

Tutorial for cure CTD :

Prolog : "Helppp i got CTD, do i need reinstalling again??? (god dammit),where is the fix cmon i want to play the game(you modder suppose make your mod free from CTD), ooohh **** i got CTD gotta post in forum (damn why still no respon???), Man !!! this mod break my game i got CTD damn !!! damn !!! gotta blame the modder (His Mod is **** it just make more CTD)"

I think we all maybe got into this situation once in lifetime , where everthing is confusing, search in google result zero, search in forum result "i dont know what the hell they talking about" , it seem so highhhh , and out of reach ,and start blaming the Mod maker. Now i make this tutorial in hope any newbie (like me) can fix CTD manualy , but before that lets learn 1-2 thing so you can kick this "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!"

Basicly "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!" divided into 2 class :
    1.In the end turn which is permanent ,and cant be ignored because its will not allow you to continue the game
    2. In some battle , which is random crash and still allow you to continue the game by auto resolve or just play the battle again.

After you know this , we can continue to how to fix by ourself:
    1.first open the log in log folder in SEGA\Medieval II Total War, read the bottom line and find the reason why its crash and where the location
    2. sometimes most of CTD i found regarding missing unit in EDU , so the simple solution is add it by yourself. Example : from log i learn that Norse Berseker is make the problem ,and i check in EDU there is no unit name Norse Berseker so i make it, just copy random unit and name it Norse Berseker. DONE !!!

Remember with this you can give First AID when the CTD arise, lets play a doctor and stop being a patient .
    It realy not hard fixing by youself, if the CTD is not Heavy enough, which need reporting to the mod maker but at least it save you trouble and help Bug and report section less thread . Hope this simple yet short tutorial will help you even only a little
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 19, 2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: all gun powder unit fire all rank mod for cow 1.5.1 and how to fix you own ctd (first aid) Tutorial

+rep. Simple, but effective, also decent advice.

Artifex

Default Re: all gun powder unit fire all rank mod for cow 1.5.1 and how to fix you own ctd (first aid) Tutorial

Any specific reason you haven't attached the EDU to the opening post here? Not that it really matters, it just seems to me to be the simplest way of uploading it.

It might be advisable to add where the EDU is found, since you are aiming to help primarily less experienced (in modding) players.

Have you found out if removing the gunpowder_unit attribute affects the fear effect gunpowder weapons have? I think it should be mentioned if you know that it does or does not or is unsure about it.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

This works just fine and wonderfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    Any specific reason you haven't attached the EDU to the opening post here? Not that it really matters, it just seems to me to be the simplest way of uploading it.

It might be advisable to add where the EDU is found, since you are aiming to help primarily less experienced (in modding) players.

Have you found out if removing the gunpowder_unit attribute affects the fear effect gunpowder weapons have? I think it should be mentioned if you know that it does or does not or is unsure about it.
    i do include EDU Maltacus it was in mod , for fear effect , i realy didnt have thought that far, you is the first guy mention me about fear effect if i remove gunpowder_unit, i realy didnt think that far back there.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 19, 2013 at 05:28 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Artifex

No, I meant in your tutorial, like this;
    Tutorial for fire all rank :

1. open call of warhammer EDU (export_descr_unit.txt)
    ...could be a bit easier if you add:

"1. open call of warhammer EDU (export_descr_unit.txt), found in the Medieval II Total War/mods/RoDG/data folder."
    RoDG or whatever Rage of the Dark Gods is called. I play with 1.4.4 where the mod is still called Call of Warhammer.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

I think the fear effect is still there if you just remove the gunpower_unit.

There's still a gunmen_unit there. It's just like the nuln repeater gunners.

Great job on the find btw, now we can have realistic firing.. I find it very hard to believe that the people in rank 2 is not able to fire over the shoulder of guys in rank 1.

I looked at the log and got this:

13:02:55.427 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_cloudy.texture
    13:02:55.427 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_cloudy.texture
    13:02:55.427 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting,,,-187

How do I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by ele975 View Post
    I looked at the log and got this:

13:02:55.427 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting,,,-187

How do I fix this?
    Read the rest of the log, from what I understand there is more missing? I dunno, could you please take a look?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    13:02:55.401 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 152085C0 against faction 15209062
    13:02:55.401 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/descr_hero_abilities.xml (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    13:02:55.402 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/descr_hero_abilities.xml (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    13:02:55.402 [system.io] [trace] file open,,224FA518,59475
    13:02:55.402 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/descr_hero_abilities.xml (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    13:02:55.426 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting
    13:02:55.426 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting,,not found
    13:02:55.426 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting,,not found
    13:02:55.426 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting,187
    13:02:55.426 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/morning_cloudy.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    13:02:55.427 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 152085C0 against faction 15209062
    13:02:55.436 [bink] [debug] [mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    13:02:55.436 [bink] [debug] [mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    13:02:55.902 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

This is a nice tweak, +rep

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

this is great, but will probably require a rebalance of rifle units. I just did this for every shooter in the EDU with that attribute, and ive come to the horrible conclusion that I just inadvertently made dwarves and chaos dwarves insanely powerful

But thank you, this HAS made medieval 2's gunpowder gameplay significantly better!

Word of warning: friendly fire with this mod can be very painful (if you have a unit between your target and your gunners)

Only problem with this is that gunpowder units run out of ammo soo quickly now, is there a way to increase the ammo capacity*?

Foederatus

Amount of ammo unit can have are salvos, below is default hangunner stats.

Default handgunner stats
    type Handgunners
    dictionary Handgunners
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Handgunners, 50, 0, 1
    officer Empire_handguners_Marksman
    ;officer Empire_Standard-bearer
    officer Empire_Musician
    attributes sea_faring, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, gunpowder_unit(delete this), gunmen, legionary_name
    formation 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 2, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 10(damage), 5, musket_low, 140(range), 12(ammo), missile, missile_gunpowder, piercing, none, musket_shot_set, 0, 1

Text and numbers marked with red is most important if you want somehow balance units.

I rebalanced all gunpowder_unit units by changing red numbers above only. The numbers below are my own recipe.

Decrease damage 20% / x0,8
    Decrease range 45% / x0,55
    Increase ammo 150% / x1.5

It looks like this after change:

Changed rebalanced handgunner stats
    type Handgunners
    dictionary Handgunners
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Handgunners, 50, 0, 1
    officer Empire_handguners_Marksman
    ;officer Empire_Standard-bearer
    officer Empire_Musician
    attributes sea_faring, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, gunmen, legionary_name
    formation 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 2, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 8, 5, musket_low, 75, 18, missile, missile_gunpowder, piercing, none, musket_shot_set, 0, 1

Why so low range for musket units? Becouse they WILL obliterate any unit 1vs 1 combat without gunpowder_unit trait. Expect cavalry. Only way I found how to balance this problem is to decrease their range dramatically.
    With these changed stats units can easily achieve killcount over 200 per battle, maxinum possible killcount is litte over 400, achieved only by shooting and with good positioning.

Chaos dwarfs gunners are imposible to balance, becouse they shoot cannon shrapnels. Even with 1 damage they can kill entire 120 member regiment by 1 full salvo. Thats makes them superb dangerous.

The best thing is when gunpowder_unit trait is deleted, even AI can use them with good efficiency!

The best thing is when gunpowder_unit trait is deleted, even AI can use them with good efficiency!
    You are correct sir !!!