Thread: Distant Worlds $29.99 (to download)

Default Distant Worlds $29.99 (to download)

-----------
    I post this because Matrix games have not only the flair of indi-games but unfortunately also the prices of indi-games. Ten bucks less is not much but for those who have thought about getting it maybe a criterium.
    -----------

Distant Worlds is an excellent 4X space strategy game that is out now for over half a year. It is in the moment the reference game of the genre and will remain it for a while (I think one can say so). The engine works similar to that of Paradox games. The maps can contain up to 1400 systems with planets, asteroids, moons. There are several dozends of ressources, about 20 species, about two dozend customisable ship classes and bases. The proportions are epic. The game has some flaws however. It can slow down over time. Some aspects of gameplay can be a bit repetive (like pirates, space monsters). The tactical options are also limited and a lot depends as in rts of the older generation on the right unit design and the right numbers at the right time. There is an expansion in planing that hopefully improves some of the weaker elements of the game.

Matrix has reduced the price for 10 bucks for the coming days and I guess that Matrix will as usual go down again with the price (then maybe a bit more) around the Holidays in Winter.

See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...&key=&#2587948
    Last edited by MentshmitT; September 30, 2010 at 02:19 AM.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: Distant Worlds $29.99 (to download)

Thank you getting it now!

I am convinced after pondering about it for weeks

A good review for others interested

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...AkzvaqNlUg7ang
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!