Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mafia II

Default Mafia II

Please, use spoiler tags for spoilers in this topic about Mafia 1 or 2.

Mafia II is developed by original developer of Mafia, Illusion Softworks. Publisher is 2K Games.

Mafia II is a sequel for Mafia. Mafia II will be available for PC, X360 and PS3.

CVG
    2K Games will publish Mafia 2, a sequel to the original Mafia title (that sold more than two million copies worldwide no less) that helped popularise the gangster genre.

Featuring a deep mobster-driven narrative and both behind-the-wheel and on-foot action, Mafia 2 "is the sequel fans have been clamoring for" says 2K. We bloody hope so.

The game is being developed by Illusion Softworks, developers of the original Mafia title, for next generation consoles and Games for Windows.

Like the original Mafia title, Mafia 2 immerses players in the mob underworld of a fictitious late 1940s-early 1950s scenario. We're told that we will become engaged in the game's cinematic Hollywood movie experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing city.

"As the original Mafia was a big success, we are excited to leverage the power of next generation console technology to create an all-new experience, while embracing the elements that resonated with the previous game's fans," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "The 'wow' factor of Mafia 2 is definitely the benchmark-setting visual quality and action that you expect to see only in Hollywood movies."
    Trailers

First trailer (added 08/31/07): gamershell.com, CVG, gametrailers.com

Screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-----

Mafia is one of my favorite games of all time. That game was instant classic for me. Classic, because it is very unique game in many ways. Mafia was mostly third-person shooter but at certain point you could play from first-person perspective also. In mafia you ended up in to Salieri family and took part of war between two families trying to gain more control in Lost Heaven (NY).

Mafia for me is story-driven powerful game with excellent gameplay, sounds, music and graphics. Maybe best part of the game is still its outstanding voice acting that you can hear. Voice acting is very professional and in my opinion second to no other game. Original Mafia is solid and stable product with few bugs or CTDs. Guns are important in any shooters, well in Mafia guns have unique and realistic touch, fun to play with.

-----

So, patiently waiting for Mafia II.

EDIT: First Mafia

Thanks for Armfelt for links

Mafia II official 2K page
    Mafia II wiki
    Last edited by Praxil; March 07, 2008 at 04:27 AM.

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

Default Re: Mafia 2 (multiplatform)

I loved Mafia 1
    And the other thing I have to say about Mafia 2 is.................DAAAYUM!!
    Look at those screens!

Primicerius

Default Re: Mafia 2 (multiplatform)

Is that Tommy?

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: Mafia II (multiplatform)

*fap fap fap fap fap fap*
    Mafia was one of the finest games on PC and deserves a sequel.
    And those are some sexy screens

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Mafia II

Hopefully they will do the driving like it was in mafia. That is not as arcadey as in GTA =)
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

I'm looking for.
    • Same good solid gameplay.
    • Better AI. It ain't bad in Mafia but it sure can be a lot better.
    • More people and traffic on the streets from 07.00 am to 06.00 pm.
    • More side missions between main story missions.
    In general more to do, but only in case where that will not lower the quality of the game. Its true, that there isn't much to do in Mafia other than play the story through, but these story missions are excellent. You know, I don't want GTA in 40's. Mafia wasn't that neither should Mafia II be.

You guys remember the countryside in Mafia, the gas station mission? Well, all that could have been used for more missions. It was disappointing that you had only 2(?) missions that ended there.

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

I agree, especially about side-missions.

Apart from the main quest there really wasnt anything to do in Mafia. The city just felt like scenery as opposed to a living breathing city like in the GTA games..
    Also the very restrictive road laws should be eased up and the police be more lenient when it comes to speeding.

I wonder if mafia 2 has any connection with mafia 1 storywise...
    Tommy had a daughter when he was killed right?

This is fantastic news, Mafia was a masterpiece of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I wonder if mafia 2 has any connection with mafia 1 storywise...
    Tommy had a daughter when he was killed right?
    Yes he did have a daughter but I doubt it's related.
    It looks like it's set during the same period as the first one and if we were to play for example the son of this daughter then surely it would have been a different period.

Did Tommy ever mention a brother perhaps ??

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

How does it compare to GTA games? I've not played any Mafia but want to check it out.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pra tha Groovemeister of Zaire View Post
    How does it compare to GTA games? I've not played any Mafia but want to check it out.
    Not quite as freeform but alot better story, better characters, better missions and IMO, better graphics.
    Also you don't waste time going around stealing cars.
    You got a nice lot where most of the time you can pick the car that you like.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Those screens look gorgeous

I've played Mafia I, can't wait to try this one out.

Damn......I'm just going to re-install Mafia, after hearing the announcment of this game

It was soooo good.

Mafia II GC Trailer

Seems to be in german. Well you get the picture anyway and there will probably be same official trailer in english soon all over the internet.
    Last edited by Praxil; August 23, 2007 at 12:51 AM.

"

This is terrific. If only there was a Sacrifice 2 coming everything would be perfect.

There was on loss in mafia, no multiplayer.
    ''I always made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." God granted it. ''

-Voltaire

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

im looking forward to it.

New screenshots are out.

One of them,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rest of them you can see at least here or from my first post.

"

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Yes he did have a daughter but I doubt it's related.
    It looks like it's set during the same period as the first one
    I think we can say from the screens now that it definitely plays after the first one, as the first one still featured a lot of 1930's-1940's cars whereas here most of the cars look very much like 1950's.

Interesting are also the WW2 weapons in one screenshot, especially as the guy in the back is holding an MG42. Oh boy would that be fun.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast