Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Plot & Conquer - Free Multiplayer TBS

Default Plot & Conquer - Free Multiplayer TBS

Plot & Conquer

Plot & Conquer is a game I've made. I'm still improving this game so feedback is helpful and appreciated.

Website with Download

This game has AI and online or hotseat multiplayer. It is most fun multiplayer I think. I've made an effort to describe how to set up different kinds of games in the manual.

Post in this thread if you want to join one of the multiplayer games that is in progress, or if you want to start a new one. To add you to a game the host will need your email address.

Plot and Conquer Screenshot (click for full size):
    Last edited by Garnier; February 16, 2011 at 07:50 AM.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Devilmaypoop's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Plot & Conquer - Multiplayer TBS

What do you do in it?

You get troops, build forts, hire generals, and attack other players. There's also "plots" which are things like spying, sabotaging, inciting rebellions etc that you do to help you conquer them.

Anyone who's interested in trying it, post here or contact me and I will try to get you in a game.
    Last edited by Garnier; August 29, 2010 at 07:58 AM.

Retired moderator of TWC

I get an error Window to send a Microsoft Error report when I try to launch. Here's the info in the report:

P&C.exe 1202823408 782561385

Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    8/30/2010 11:56:21 AM

When I close that window, I get a small window that says "Choose Abort To Throw Exception". Abort, Ignore, Cancel all just close out the window.

That's not a microsoft error report, that's my error reporting system. Click "send" next time, it will give me a little more information about where the problem occurred so I can fix it.

I know it can work, as I've run it fine on more than 12 different machines and never encountered one I couldn't fix. So we'll get there.

Retired moderator of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    That's not a microsoft error report, that's my error reporting system. Click "send" next time, it will give me a little more information about where the problem occurred so I can fix it.

I know it can work, as I've run it fine on more than 12 different machines and never encountered one I couldn't fix. So we'll get there.
    Ok, I'll send it now. Thanks.

Oh wait, I think it's my virus scanner blocking it from sending information across the net..
    Last edited by aphill95; August 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

OK, so it won't let you send the error report. I can't really know what's wrong then, hmm.

Did SlimDX install properly when you first ran Setup.exe? If that is not installed it won't work. Otherwise, let me know your system specs if you wish.

Retired moderator of TWC

OK, so it won't let you send the error report. I can't really know what's wrong then, hmm.

Did SlimDX install properly when you first ran Setup.exe? If that is not installed it won't work. Otherwise, let me know your system specs if you wish.
    Yes, SlimDX installed just fine.. It was the next phase that got hung-up.

Does it require MS .net or anything like that?

Yes it requires the .Net Framework 3.5 or greater. But even my error reporting system requires that, so I think you must have it.

Retired moderator of TWC

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I tried it out a bit as the Mameluke Empire. I'm finding it pretty fun, but I'm barely hanging on at the moment due to Italy and the Ottomans ganging me.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Hmm.

Does this game have a huge player base? I know it's in beta, but it gets boring if you don't have anyone to play with.

If there is alot of people playing it, then I am very interested in this game.
    Last edited by Banana Jelly; August 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM.

Edit: baleted
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Is Bacon View Post
    Hmm.

Does this game have a huge player base? I know it's in beta, but it gets boring if you don't have anyone to play with.

If there is alot of people playing it, then I am very interested in this game.
    No, not a huge playerbase. I've played with 12 different people in the three days since release.

I don't expect a huge number of players, sad as it is this game isn't the type that most people play nowadays. It happens to be the kind of game that I really enjoy, which is why I made it -- because I have fun with it. Everyone I've played it with loves it, but most people haven't tried it.

The good thing is that it is well suited to a large longer-term game where people don't need to be there all at the same time, similar to the empire building forum games here, but automated. You do your turn, then it alerts the next player and he does his turn whenever he wants, then the next player.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I tried it out a bit as the Mameluke Empire. I'm finding it pretty fun, but I'm barely hanging on at the moment due to Italy and the Ottomans ganging me.
    The AI doesn't cheat, nor do they target humans above other AI. So if you lose, I'm pleased. I didn't think the Mamelukes would be that hard, they have a good spot in the corner of the map. But, who knows, I'll have to try them some time. My brother played the Ottomans and got squished by Mamelukes, Italy and Russia in the first three turns, and had to assemble his whole army in one province and escape to somewhere safe. You certainly do have to be careful to live very long. If you make some wasted attacks and lose all your army, it's not easy to recover.
    Last edited by Garnier; August 31, 2010 at 08:37 AM.

Retired moderator of TWC

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

If you make some wasted attacks and lose all your army, it's not easy to recover.
    Yeah I screwed up in the beginning pretty hard so I'm paying the price now.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Ok I think the error report sent. Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure which error report was yours as I got three this afternoon/evening. Thanks to everyone who clicks send on those reports. It's very helpful.

1. User didn't have admin rights on Windows 7 or Vista, so the updater had problems.
    2. User didn't have DirectX 9 installed.
    3. User didn't have SlimDX installed.

I fixed the first by adding a notification that it should be run with admin rights, instead of shutting down the program.

The second and third are handled in the new installer and update which are online now. If you try to install or run the game without SlimDX or without DX9, it will let you know and help you install them if you want.

The updater now has a visible window showing the progress.
    Last edited by Garnier; August 31, 2010 at 08:53 PM.

Retired moderator of TWC

I played it, it's fun, though I think starting out at war with everyone should be changed.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

It was the Direct X. Nice coding work.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonghus G. Friedhold View Post
    I played it, it's fun, though I think starting out at war with everyone should be changed.
    You can be sure I'm not done working on it. I intend to do something about war/peace, but I have to decide how it should be. Any ideas are welcome, there are tons of ways it could be handled.

Retired moderator of TWC

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast