Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades first images

Default Re: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades first images

if i had to tell the one thing and one thing only, it's that they really need to improve the character models. i understand they need to be low poly. but their proportions need to be way more human-like. blocky toy soldiers is really unpleasant to look at. normal maps will do the rest.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Well, the publisher is 1C Company which published famous games like Men of War, so I would probably give a shot once the game is out.

Irony game developers east of Rhine today actually produce more interesting games than those West Europe and US can do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Default XIII Century\Real Warfare modding documents

Just received them; they are original documents for mod\use the editor in Death or GLory, but are valid also for all the games of series XIII century\Real Warfare

http://rapidshare.com/files/44739945...odding.dog.rar
    Last edited by mitra76; February 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

it looks nice. lets see ive they can do it like rtw..

Open the website of game: http://www.realwarfare.com/

Raied's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mitra76 View Post
    Open the website of game: http://www.realwarfare.com/

That's impressive... Thank you

From the official site:

"Many players interested in historical games want the game to support modding natively, i.e. without need to hack resource files or other unneccessary obstacles. We are pleased to announce that Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades will let you make the game a turn-based strategy with hot-seat multiplayer if you want to, since it will be shipped with full-blown editor used by developers themselves.
    GUI, game mechanics, AI, resources and map generator settings - all script components of the game are stored in XML and AIX files for the ease of editing so that the players can do anything they want. For example, if you want to create a new unique unit, you’ll need only to repaint existing soldier textures because there are tons of existing 3D models for heads, helmets, shields of various types and so on. There are plenty of existing animations as well, enough for most warriors who walked the Earth (excluding exotic ones like samurai or indians maybe). If this is not enough, developers promise to provide full toolkit for converting models and animations created in a third-party 3D editor.
    Strategic map can be also changed as you want for your project which opens almost endless possibilities for creative minds.
    Creators of “Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades” want to give those who like to tinker with the game and not just complete it all neccessary tools to create something new - be it a new content for the vanilla game or even a completely different experience.
    "

Ruckulf's Avatar Semisalis

Wow, Imagine if CA did the same...

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Try this URL:
    http://www.real-warfare.com/

if the game takes off and the game engine is shown to be worth supporting the modding possibilities might well tempt people currently stuck with games they can't mod so easily?

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

"Many players interested in historical games want the game to support modding natively, i.e. without need to hack resource files or other unneccessary obstacles. We are pleased to announce that Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades will let you make the game a turn-based strategy with hot-seat multiplayer if you want to, since it will be shipped with full-blown editor used by developers themselves.
    GUI, game mechanics, AI, resources and map generator settings - all script components of the game are stored in XML and AIX files for the ease of editing so that the players can do anything they want. For example, if you want to create a new unique unit, you’ll need only to repaint existing soldier textures because there are tons of existing 3D models for heads, helmets, shields of various types and so on. There are plenty of existing animations as well, enough for most warriors who walked the Earth (excluding exotic ones like samurai or indians maybe). If this is not enough, developers promise to provide full toolkit for converting models and animations created in a third-party 3D editor.
    Strategic map can be also changed as you want for your project which opens almost endless possibilities for creative minds.
    Creators of “Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades” want to give those who like to tinker with the game and not just complete it all neccessary tools to create something new - be it a new content for the vanilla game or even a completely different experience.
    Take note SEGA.
    Its very likely i will buy this.

Now that's pretty impressive.

Actually reading the descriptions it sounds more like Mount and Blade with Total War battles.

Can anyone tell me how the previous titles' battles differ from TW battles?

Company Competition = better product for the consumers. I'm all for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the previous titles' battles differ from TW battles?
    YOu can find info in mine strategic guides:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3066020...egic_guide.pdf
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3979189...42addendum.pdf
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4239112...ddendumdue.pdf

https://rapidshare.com/files/4221793...ed_Archers.doc

In youtube you will find my videos of XIII Century\Real Warfare 1242.

The interface is very very similar to that of TW, but the battles are hards and request self-control, a accurate planning and the correct unit purchase in accord to your strategy (quality vs quantity); moral and ground have a big impact. Seeing the scripts of battle mechanics you can see that detail level implemented (also the relative position of soldier respect the enemy shield is important).

Exist also a battle type called battlefield where victory is decided not only by enemy losses but also but ground control. Is very strategic especially in team fights.

The game has also a random map generator, which permit to play always on different maps.

Thanks a lot, this looks really interesting
    Formally Mozart, \o/ Steve Holt!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I want this very much now!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

A first gameplay camera-video taken at Prague and Play 2011

Unluckily not very good as image quality and without sound, but I saw another video is in processing (still private) so perhaps will have soon better images.

I would love this to be a huge success. Added it to my "watch" list.

Here a long trailer

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

M&B mixed with M2TW...