Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades first images

Default Re: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades first images

Every time i go in to the MP battle list it's empty,is this normal or have i not got the latest patch?
    I'm on steam by the way.I have never seen one person on there which is a shame because i think it would make a awesome MP game.

Is because people play mainly in single (at least for the moment), use steam group for organize matchs; when you see me online and you have time for a match, contact me.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Camera controls seem pretty awful/clunky, I hate that you can't press 2 arrow keys at the same time. Same problem with all TW like games, in my opinion. Otherwise I'm still getting used to stuff.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

A user at already requested to implement the "strafe" in the "wish" email of game (rw2box(at)hotmail.it); Unicorn reply it will be implemented.

Here my little mod https://rapidshare.com/files/3602242...tscampaign.rar, which permit to play campaign battle with not limit to units number. Readme in the rar. Please give me feedback of eventual problems. (for 225 version)

Edit: new review http://elder-geek.com/2011/12/real-w...-video-review/
    Last edited by mitra76; December 08, 2011 at 03:22 AM.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Excellent cheers.

New version of my mod

https://rapidshare.com/files/4495378...ra-modv1.4.rar

here the changes (in bold the new ones)

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement
    - retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button
    - no more displayed the red bases on the enemy units
    - now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map
    - the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)
    - implementation of wood zones density: effect on FOW range and visibility, effect on arrows precision, effect on movement velocity
    - indirect fire penalty: if between the shooter and the target a friend unit is present the shoot is considered indirect and has precision penalty, with the exception in the case target friendly an shooter are at different height level.
    - change of arrows precision on the base or arc and target rank numbers: if the shot is parabolic a bigger number of ranks increase the hits number, a low number decrease it; if the shot arc is low it works at contrary.
    - Displayed the influence range of commander: Press X for display it
    - Displayed the range of maximum influence of horn sound: Press CTRL+X for display it
    - Routines for AI group actions:
    Groups form Circle with attacked by Cavalry or a Cavalry unit is very near
    Groups go in sparse formations if under fire and not enemy unit is very near
    Groups enter in dense formation during the melee
    Groups return in normal formation in the ohter situations
    ---v 1.4
    - added new routine for AI cavalry groups
    Groups form Wedge for attack heavy infantry or heavy cavalry
    form line for attack light troops
    They try to avoid infantry troops in circle formation
    if between the target enemy and the attacker there is a heavy infantry unit the attacker is fall back.
    - added new routine for crosswbowmen
    now they move with loaded weapon and recharge it also when there is not enemy in range (lock and load)
    - various corrections to previous changes

well done mitra much appreciated,good too see troops adjusting to certain tactical situations automatically,, soldiers or their commanders were not dummies, like they seem to be in total war, and just stand there not even raising shields,,
    northern crusades has much better battle ai than ca games just wish more people would play.

The best is that you can improve them only with a base know-how about programming (not C or C++ but vb or scripting languages bases). Now I'm trying to add some new quests to strategic campaign

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

After getting a bit tired of Shogun 2 and Stainless Steel, I picked this up today off Gamersgate. Downloading now. The campaign looks like it's a breath of fresh air from the Total War games.

Is there a way to get more XP before you fight Peppin (third or fourth mission)? When I get to him he has 4 units of horse. Says i need some pikes but i can only use 1 unit of pikes at my current level. The roving enemies are all 'invincible'. Cool game. Be nice if there were a few more enemies your size to fight early on.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; January 28, 2012 at 06:15 AM.

You must attack mainly little villages for gain money if you find, weaker bandit groups

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

gotcha. thanks! i will do that. just need to be able to get one more unit of pikemen and i should be able to take Peppin on.

First test modding the campaign

https://rapidshare.com/files/3629586...gn-mod_1.0.rar

Changes:

- when a castle or cities is taken is possible a reconquest army is generated in one of enemy cities, this army will try or to reconquest the town\castle or to defeat the conquerors army
    - when a village is burned, if in the town\castle of reference for the village is present a lord\warband\patrol army this will try to defeat the ravagers army (can be the army which attack is less strong than the ravagers).

(note the changes don't works during the storyline part of campaign, because they can cause big problems to little armies)

Version 1.5 of my mod

https://rapidshare.com/files/5566048...ra-modv1.5.rar

Changing:

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement
    - retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button
    - no more displayed the red bases on the enemy units
    - now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map
    - the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)
    - implementation of wood zones density: effect on FOW range and visibility, effect on arrows precision, effect on movement velocity
    - indirect fire penalty: if between the shooter and the target a friend unit is present the shoot is considered indirect and has precision penalty, with the exception in the case target friendly an shooter are at different height level.
    - change of arrows precision on the base or arc and target rank numbers: if the shot is parabolic a bigger number of ranks increase the hits number, a low number decrease it; if the shot arc is low it works at contrary.
    - Displayed the influence range of commander: Press X for display it
    - Displayed the range of maximum influence of horn sound: Press CTRL+X for display it
    - Routines for AI group actions:
    Groups form Circle with attacked by Cavalry or a Cavalry unit is very near
    Groups go in sparse formations if under fire and not enemy unit is very near
    Groups enter in dense formation during the melee
    Groups return in normal formation in the ohter situations
    ---v 1.4
    - added new routine for AI cavalry groups
    Groups form Wedge for attack heavy infantry or heavy cavalry
    form line for attack light troops
    They try to avoid infantry troops in circle formation
    if between the target enemy and the attacker there is a heavy infantry unit the attacker is fall back.
    - added new routine for crosswbowmen
    now they move with loaded weapon and recharge it also when there is not enemy in range (lock and load)
    - various corrections to previous change
    ---v1.5
    - corrected bug for use the mod in multiplayer
    - improved auto-reaction of AI cavalry units (they don't avoid to attack low moral units or thin ranks units)
    - AI employ different army formations on the basis of army composition

As I told you, anymore bumping will cause this thread to be closed and you bumped it again. So I'm closing this and don't think about creating another thread about this game or game series.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; February 04, 2012 at 02:35 PM.