Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades first images

Raied's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades first images

Quote Originally Posted by Roloc View Post
    What's this copy of TW or is it Medieval 3??
    Something better

Quote Originally Posted by Yahiko_n_Tsubame View Post
    Hmmm....
    Maybe I should re-install it and give it another go.

As for the modding community, why don't we try to do something to create a modding community here at TWcenter. It shouldn't be too hard seeing as how many people are becoming disillusions with the TW series.
    Personally I know how to create script for modify the game, but for the graphical side I'm a zero.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks interesting! What is the ETA for this game? One year or perhaps two?
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

first months of next year

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This looks nice.

As a man who just found XIII century blood of europe i have to say wow the one thing it was missing was a strategic map and bang now there doing one

The AI in this game spanks med2 big time the use of formation and truely using land to your advantage really does put CA to shame . Graphically not as polished animations a little down although arrows stick in bodies and decapitation is possible (these arent important but show you dont need to show a sterile battle.

If they have amped the graphics by 10 to 15 % and with a strategic map i am sold S2TW just got put on the back burner show me real warfair2 (honestly i was shocked by the AI in blood of europe it actaually challenges you and works (unlike broken AI;s pumped out of CA

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

The better of all is the Battlefield game modality; is realling challenging in multiplayer, and especially campers cannot play this type of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by mitra76 View Post
    The better of all is the Battlefield game modality; is realling challenging in multiplayer, and especially campers cannot play this type of battle.
    PS that is an amazing mod you did to allow 60 units lol total war players have been screaming to be allowed more than 20 units

60 is a touch to many though can i ask what program you use to mod the aix files??? 30 would be a good limit by the way a big plus rep from me I have done alot of modelling with 3dmax for med2 i think i may look at there model structure see if i can figure it and give it a face lift with some new models and textures an interesting change from doing med2 models of which i have gotten bored of doing

No program for modding, you can do it from the editor of game (editor exe). The editor incorporated is the development env. of game, you can have access to script source code (where I modified for obtain 60 units) and to graphical files. In my channel youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/mitraITA?feature=mhum you find some editor tutorials for the editor use. If you have questions more graphical specifics (I know how to program but nothing of graphics) pass me I will forward them to Unicorn people
    Last edited by mitra76; December 19, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

AH very interesting so they have left it fairly open for modding then , something CA strayed away from hopefully i wont have trouble figuring out there model format ( i have more plugins for 3dmax than i care to rememeber lol .

I want to start by giving the tuetonics some love i know the black and white cross is a widely known symbol for them but there is some far better ones that are still historic Plus i have to give them a set of knights with bada$$ helms ( i am making the huge assumption that extra models can be added via the unique faction units but ill take my time and sort through there files (atleast i dont need to worry about figuring there AI out as i have with TW games as it is already topnotch )

Last assumption there new game (as stated by your OP) will have the same engine and formats for it so that any work i start on this now(XIII century blood of europe) i can apply to that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    AH very interesting so they have left it fairly open for modding then , something CA strayed away from hopefully i wont have trouble figuring out there model format ( i have more plugins for 3dmax than i care to rememeber lol .

I want to start by giving the tuetonics some love i know the black and white cross is a widely known symbol for them but there is some far better ones that are still historic Plus i have to give them a set of knights with bada$$ helms ( i am making the huge assumption that extra models can be added via the unique faction units but ill take my time and sort through there files (atleast i dont need to worry about figuring there AI out as i have with TW games as it is already topnotch )

Last assumption there new game (as stated by your OP) will have the same engine and formats for it so that any work i start on this now(XIII century blood of europe) i can apply to that ...
    Here http://rapidshare.com/files/28184923....mod.tools.rar you can find in the export dir the plugins for 3dstudio. The various exe in the zip (unluckily the instructions are in russian) are the same internal tools you find in the editor. The menu of the editor where you find all the interface to graphical files are "Module" (you'll find various Collection and Library command under this menu).

The new game is based on the old one, sure the scripts will change because will be improves and news, but the graphics will be pratically identical in his models (the armies components will not changes)

Ah thank you very much now to find an online translation program so i can read how they all work Ill rep you gain when i am allowed (tomorrow)

needs better character proportions imo. everyone's a dwarf with huge head

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    needs better character proportions imo. everyone's a dwarf with huge head
    Huh...... Are we looking at the same pictures? Cuz either your blatantly lying just so you can complain, or your screens totally at the wrong aspect ratio.

I have alot of hope for this game, i mean if it gets publicity and the popularity tw got, well 1c company so far every game I've played from them is extremely moddable, but it seems likely to me it'll remain barely heard of ...

Frankly I'd love to see say what the dlv or stainless steel teams might do with a game like this which comes with an editor... far more then weve ever got in any tw game.
    Last edited by Shaio; December 20, 2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

There is a heap of tools for the game including 3d plugins for model making so it really is open of the bat for modders, and yeah i dont think there is any scale problem with the heads vs bodies it looks quite well proportioned to my eye(running 1920 x 1080.

The only scale issue i see and that just might be my tastes than actual scale is the pikes seem a little thick but i will look at some pics of medieval pikes to examine there size before i set about rescalling this weapon .

Truely a hidden gem of a game i have played TW for 10 years and have never heard of 1C, how i missed this and men of war i dont know but it really does deserve more attention with a bigger player base (and then as result modder base) there games could directly rival CA's and that would only be good, nothing like compertition to make a company step up (currently CA has no real comp in there niche of the market )

Some descriptions of tools:

viewpacker.exe is used for see and add files contained in data.000.pak (they are the organized in the same directories structure of game); attention many of files added in the successive version and patch are not packed but directly visibile.

fontcollection.exe is used for the fonts files

editoraix.exe is used for open the files aix which contains the scripts of game (GUI and battle mechanics and management)

editorfractions.exe is used for manage the file custom.cfg where are organized the factions and the units (the classical purchase screen pre-battle) for customer and multiplayer battles

editorlang.exe is used for modify the file table.lng where are done the translations

THe others (actor and acl) are related to graphical objects (something like geometrical info) but I don't know this well.

The files properties contain the link between the graphical objects and the programming objects. At example you want change the skin of pikemen using the armour of swordmen like in this image

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1425/shot185039.jpg

The change has to be done in the properties file of infantry pikemen (present in the packer or unpacked in the game directory depeding of pikemen faction, at example Sweden pikemen are in directory \data\objects\west.europe.race\florence\infantry because is a faction added after to game release, older one are in the packer file). So open the correct properties file, search the line "defaultmaterialname" and "materials" (there're one for each skin: weapons, armour,shields, etc) and change the value here with one from another unit.

Attention not all the values are valid for each unit but must be compatible with the mesh and actor of each unit: for know that search in the file \data\actors\actor.library what material reference is compatible with the actor of unit (you see what is the actor of unit always from the properties file (LODActorName line).

If in the actor library file the line "MaterialLibraryInterfaceName" of the LODActorName lines of two units is the same value then you can exchange the skins between them, because they are compatible.

example of actor.library of pikemen and swordmen:

section.begin
    LODActorName = inf.g1.pikman
    LODActorFileName = .\data\actors\inf.g1\inf.g1.pikman\inf.g1.pikman.actor
    MaterialLibraryInterfaceName = g1.inf
    AAGroup = 2
    section.end

section.begin
    LODActorName = inf.g1.swordman
    LODActorFileName = .\data\actors\inf.g1\inf.g1.swordman\inf.g1.swordman.actor
    MaterialLibraryInterfaceName = g1.inf
    AAGroup = 3
    section.end

You can see the MaterialLibraryInterfaceName is the same for both.

Thursday 6 we will be online in two or three for play in lobby (RW1242 or XIII Century) from the 21:30 CET.

Who want can join us.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; November 06, 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Shaio View Post
    ... So its got a campign map.... Awesome, tw possibly just got replaced, i love 1c's games, that company's legendary in my mind for making men of war.
    I doubt tw will be replaced as such it seems your only playing with one faction in a certain era of history, unlike tw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Problem Sleuth View Post
    Hopefully it'll turn out well. If CA has more competition it might push them to up the quality on their games.
    I hope this is true, its bad for one company to dominate the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahiko_n_Tsubame View Post
    Personally, I dislike them. They have alot of promise but:
    1) I haven't seen any mods for the games.
    2) Ideology.... These guys threw away the historical truth for the Russian Fantasy of what history was (Like for example in XIII they don't have Lithuania, and in Reign it was already Christinized).
    3) Bloom
    4) Cost.... but I'm a cheap-scape so this isn't a huge problem
    5) Unit Sizing. I just couldn't get larger troop numbers
    6) On-screen Icons. I'm a minimalist so this really bugged me
    7) I couldn't find anything to mod. No tools, guide or text files

I'll certainly try their new game though.... I love the Northern Crusades and hope to teach it one day.

Edit: It looks like the Teutonic Order may be the only Playable faction..... If that's true, I probably wont buy it
    *Wants to play as the Balts*
    All things to look for when this game does come out.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by JoonaspEST View Post
    Hmm this sure is going to test most of the computers today.

Aside from that this game sounds interesting.
    Rome Total War also promised 10 000 men battles, it's nothing out of the extraordinary.
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    Rome Total War also promised 10 000 men battles, it's nothing out of the extraordinary.
    The difference is that in this case are really 10000 men not 20 units which simulate 10000 men. Each men is a autonomous entity grouped with other for form a unit.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Sounds good. I am looking forward to this game.