Thread: So I started a campaign as the US and this is what happened...

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Default So I started a campaign as the US and this is what happened...

I rarely remember my dreams, and usually when I do they're fairly average or mundane moments of what could be everyday life. There was a notable exception earlier this week however...

So I'm chillin' up in SoDak with the fam', riding my trusty steed around town. Checking up on my grandfather's trailer park, budging in line of a funeral procession, and patrolling the neighborhood. I went to visit Thomas Jefferson and my grandma at her house, played some poker and ended up taking the 3rd President for all he had on him. As I was leaving (I was late for a, believe it or not, LAN party with Ben Franklin), Ol' TJ told me to be on the lookout. Rumors were floating around town that there was a number of Imperial sympathizers around, and Ben Franklin was a person of interest. I thanked him graciously for the warning and left.

I rode past the golf course and was chatting with some mothers doing their laundry out in the fairway when I hear a gunshot. A couple blocks away, I see a British officer racing toward me and reaching for his other pistol. I fire back and take off at a gallop to my parents' house, which is apparently the Capitol building of the US (it's painted white, so cut me some slack). In my head, I'm cursing Paul Revere for being on vacation in Boston, leaving me to warn Yankton of the invasion. (Yes, my hometown is on the ETW map.)

I rush into the house, and Ben yells "What the , man? You're late!"
    "Shut up, the damn British are coming!" as I run upstairs to grab my flintlocks and one of the badass sabres from the closet.

We call the police, who arrive in modern uniform, but with tri-corner hats and muskets. A barricade is set up and we garrison ourselves in the empty lot next door. Franklin is shouting orders, and soon TJ shows up with a couple dozen militia. "Where's General Washington?" Ben asks him.
    "I sent word already. He's bringing his troops from the University." was the reply.
    "So that gives us half an hour," he muses. (USD is about half an hour's drive away)
    "Unfortunately not," TJ said."He's coming from Brookings." (SDSU is farther away)
    "Blast it!" Franklin shoves his bifocals into a jacket pocket and fires his gun.

A fierce battle rages, complete with artillery barrages from who-knows-where. Soon enough, I can hear helicopters in the distance. "By George, it's George!" shouts one of the minutemen, pointing at the sky. Then he gets shot.

GDubs and company paradrop into the battle. George, of course, rides his horse to the ground, firing away on the way down. Soon enough, with the aid of the (quite literally) Air Cav, the British (who are now zombies? that shoot guns? in line formation?) quickly rout. Congratulations go all around, as do a number of jokes at the expense of that stupid Paul Revere. We pile into a military-converted school bus and head out to a house in the country for a celebratory party.

We arrive at Sam Adams' house/brewery where he's got plenty of kegs ready. There are already 50 or 60 college-aged people enjoying the hospitality. There are pirates on the dance floor, and ninjas playing intense drinking games in the corner (with sake that tastes like oh-so-delicious sushi, somehow). The four of us head downstairs where John Adams or John Hancock (I can't remember, we always just called him John) has a beer pong table set up. We start playing, while Ben Franklin sulks in the corner, still angry that we never did get that LAN party going. George kicks ass at beer pong, by the way, but TJ and I still ended up winning. We start setting up for round two when a, presumably underage, partier runs downstairs and yells "COPS!"

Much of the party disperses, but the few of us left rush to the Adams armory and stockpile weapons because we know these cops are really British troops undercover as policemen. The abandoned sound system queues up a GirlTalk mashup of "Flight of the Valkyries" and "The Star Spangled Banner."

Then I woke up.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Default Re: So I started a campaign as the US and this is what happened...

lol thats too funny. scary part with me...if i remember them..they eventually happen.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

amazing. if you made that up you should be a writer. and if your unconcious mind did.. can we be pals? lol

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

hehe cool m8

I always wondered what would John Adams would say if the knew that nowadays US Battle ships are named after him.... Not bad! Not bad at all! And funny, yet sad.
    (Some times I forget that our freedom, and social liberties, are NOT a gift from heaven but build on the actual blood and sacrifice of our ancestors, not to a long time ago...)