Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Voivode of Transylvania

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Voivode of Transylvania

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post

In this tread in the tsardom forum the topic is about the medieval Transylvania.RL dosent matter here ( and btw there are millions hungarians in Transylvania in the present days ...).
    Actually there are 1,000,000 " hungarians" in Transilvania.

In Medieval times , in Transilvania , the romanians we re always the majority .
    Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

First of all, is either Transylvania in english or Transilvania in romanian, not "Transilvenia"...is a matter of respect...but as far as I read your posts on this forum, you do have a problem with us, romanians
    When i see you spoke the name of the bulgarian emperor Asen correctly!No i have no problems with your people and i never had.I m against the lies and propaganda.

Hardcore nationalist propaganda" is present in all the former comunist states and I've seen that from your posts that is present in your country too
    In every country there are national legends and myths but the matter is that in some the provocations аre more then the facts.
    Secondly you have no ideea about the situation in Transilvania in the present days
    This mod is about XIV-XV century !Are we steel live in those times ?

Wallachian Man's Avatar Laetus

when this faction will be done?

ok,volgo bulgarian......but is not propaganda
    Asan and Petru(was wlahs brothers),,,,,
    Last edited by Baron Vlad Felix; December 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

ok,volgo bulgaria......but is not propaganda
    Asan and Petru(was wlahs brothers),,,,,
    Asen and Petar (learn theyr names) are bulgarian nobels from cuman origine.Bulgarians are not from Volga .The bulgarians that settle there came in Volgo-Kama region in VIII century.

Petru is in Romanian language, man.
    E.G. Jhon(in Romanian: Ioan or Ion)

Before they came (bulgarians or cumans,who had Turkish names)in the that territory, there are lived Vlachs..yes?
    The Uprising of Asan nad Petar or (Așan and Petru), was a revolt of Bulgarians and Vlachs...but the majority of the population in that territory where was rebellion... are lived Vlachs!
    if u say "asan and petar",then is slavic names...............bulgarian and cuman are not slavs!
    and if u say "așan and petru",then is Romanian(wlachs) names......same...bulgarian and cuman are not Vlachs(romanian).....yes?
    Last edited by Baron Vlad Felix; December 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM.

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

I smell bulgarian propaganda

Lol I smell bulgarian propaganda too! What a coincidence!

THIS IS A BALKAN MODE, PEOPLE. We don`t need the Italian Factions! We don`t need Florence, Milan or other Italian faction! THIS IS A BALKAN MODE!
    Transylvania must be a FACTION! Why Transylvania can start by paying tribute to the Kingdom of Hungary? Reapet: THIS IS A BALKAN MODE! We don`t need Italian Factions. Maybe we need only the Papal States...

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

oh God..

Before they came (bulgarians or cumans,who had Turkish names)in the that territory, there are lived Vlachs..yes?
    Slavs and bulgar minortes.And Bulgarians are sarmato-iranian people they have noting to do with turks.

The Uprising of Asan nad Petar or (Așan and Petru), was a revolt of Bulgarians and Vlachs...but the majority of the population in that territory where was rebellion... are lived Vlachs!
    They never had such names keep your romanian fentasy for you.Vlachs is a turm for nomadic shepards in Moesia that was latter called Vlachiq by the byzantine administration.The turm vlah lasted 20 years and then disapeard.In archeology no trace of ethnic called Vlachs.But plenty bulgarian.In the orthodox sources no mention of vlahs!Only Nikta Honiat that was living in the time when administrativly North Bulgaria was called Vlahiq.And the majority was bulgarians and this is for sure since this is the core of The Furst Bulgarian empire here and in Macedonia the bulgars settle the most.
    Let see what the archeology have to say :
    Seal of Tsar Kaloyan (1197–1207). Inscription in bulgarian language: "+Kaloyan, Tsar of the Bulgarians"(no vlahs)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kaloyan's ring with bulgarian letters and no sine of vlahs.

Ivan Asen I emperor of bulgarians.(no vlahs)

Ivan Asen II golden coine-Tzar of bulgarians and greeks.( no vlahs)

[spoiler[/spoiler]
    Turnovo inscription of Ivan Asen II
    Summer 6739 (from creation of the world, and Christ 1230), 3rd indiction. I Ivan Asen in Christ God faithful emperor and autocrat of the Bulgarians,son of the Old emperor Asen,up from the base and decorated with paintings completely honorable this church in the name of the Holy 40 Martyrs... (no vlahs)

"In summer 6739/1231 / indiction 4 From God vazdignatiy Tsar of the Bulgarians and Greeks put Alexi Sevast and build this city."(no mentin of vlahs )

if u say "asan and petar",then is slavic names...............bulgarian and cuman are not slavs!
    and if u say "așan and petru",then is Romanian(wlachs) names......same...bulgarian and cuman are not Vlachs(romanian).....yes?
    You don't noting about Bulgaria s history, from IX century slavs and bulgars are one (with the adoption of christian fathe and one slavobulgarian lengueg known also as old bulgarian).
    Asen(not Asan) and Petar as are theyr names in there seals and coins had never wheard such names as Asan and Petru(by the way this names are like names of stinky jepceys ).Also the name of Asen is Belgun witch is clear cuman that meen wised .And Asen is tipical east iranian name .It is mention in Bospor kingdom from second century.

I never say it and they never had such funy names.Vlahs could be bulgarians,serbs ,greeks and meny others this is not a 100 % ethnic turm.

I smell bulgarian propaganda
    Lol I smell bulgarian propaganda too! What a coincidence!
    Since when the truth smells bad ?
    And one more thing next time when you speak about me with Carpathian Wolf tell him that when i finish my exams i will continue with him
    have a nice day (or night) romanians
    Last edited by Bagatyr; December 19, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

It's not only Balkan mod, it stretches into Asia Minor as well as Italy. If there is to be Transylvania, then why not Croatia etc. And you can only have a limited number of factions. Romanians got two factions, a pretty good deal if you ask me.

BLUGARIAN PROPAGANDA!

Bagatyr what happened? Couldn't win an argument on our page discussion so now you are peddling your cheap idiotic propaganda bull here? One more time for you.

This is from Romano-Dacis:

Well let's see: almost all of the crusader chronicles say they were Wallachians ruling over Bulgaria and Wallachia. Joannitsa (Kaloyan) still stylized himself as Rex Bulgarorum et Blachorum so the statement (http://www.jstor.org/pss/3164389). So they did not "instantly drop the title." In fact, they most likely dropped the title when they lost control of the territories North of the Danube. The rebellion started in the Haemus mountains, which is noted by Choniates as being inhabited by "barbarians... formerly called Mysians (Mysoi) and now named Vlachs (Vlachoi)." Therefore, the rebellion was provoked in a region which was inhabited by vlachs! The two founders, Peter and Asen, came from that region! The early phase of resistance happened in the mountain areas, which had and still have a large Vlach presence. It is well known that the Slavs, when they entered the Balkans, took the lowlands while the ancient Latins moved to the mountains and foothills.

In any case all the Latin Crusader chronicles (Villehardouin etc.), the vast majority of the Byzantine writers (Choniates etc.) and Papal Documents confirm they were vlachs (the pope even calls Ioannitsa "of Roman blood"). Furthermore, the rebellion was started to spare the Vlachs of the emperor's taxes.

The Bulgarian interpretation is completely skewed and off-the-wall. It requires believing that everyone wrote "vlach" by mistake and that they wanted to say "bulgarian." We may as well throw all of the contemporary writers in the trash if we go by this interpretation and pretend they were Martians, maybe Magyars as well next!

Some of the sources that mention they were Vlachs:
    Nicetas Choniates
    the testimony of Ansbert and of the other western sources for the Crusade of Frederick Barbarossa
    the papal correspondence with Ioannitsa
    Villehardouin
    Robert of Clari
    Benjamin of Tudela
    -crusaders of Frederic Barbarossa

In Geoffrey de Villehardouins chronicles, Ioanitsa is names simply as Ioanitsa, 26 times, as "Johannizza Çrois de Blaquie" 17 times, as "Johannizza Çrois de Blaquie et de Bougrie" 17 times (and always with Wallachia in front of Bulgaria). As "Johannizza Çrois de Bougrie", 0 times.

Where are the sources saying they are Bulgarians? One can never know!

The attempts by Bulgarian nationalists to whitewash and distort this are ridiculous. These go to their tactics of:
    a) Vlach meant shepherd in this context: what an utterly stupid idea. Yeah, "Empire of Shepherds and Bulgarians", what a great name! Please, get serious. The use of vlach as "shepherd" is from the 18th century, much in the same way that Croatians use "vlach" to designate Orthodox Christians. The original term, certainly in the 12th century, was purely ethnic.

b) Vlach meant Bulgarian: Again, completely stupid. "Empire of Bulgarians and Bulgarians" give me a break! If only one chronicle said they were Vlachs you might have a leg to stand on but to claim OVER SIX WRITTEN CHRONCLERS GOT IT WRONG is absolutely absurd.

"Pliris is a river with a wide valley spreading on both sides of its banks. It flows across the land of the Wallachians, dividing it into two. Nikolitsa set up his camp there, gathered the Wallachians and the Bulgarians, living nearby, and so he collected numerous troops." - Kekaumenos, Strategicon et Incerti scriptoris de officiis reglis. (here by "vlach" he is meaning aromanians, and by "bulgarians" he means macedonians)
    " We decree that the holiest Archbishop of Bulgaria shall possess not only the bishoprics mentioned by names but if there are some others situated in Bulgarian lands and forgotten to be mentioned, we decree that he shall possess and govern them as well. Whatever other towns missed to be mentioned in the charters of our Majesty, shall be possessed by the same holiest Archbishop and he shall collect canonicon from them all as well as from the Wallachians throughout Bulgaria and from the Turks around the Vardar in so far as they are within the Bulgarian boundaries." - Charter of Basil II to Samuil of Bulgaria.

But by all means, keep up the chest-pounding nationalism to silence the Medieval writers. Oh no, Vlachs don't even exist and Bulgaria was and still is a completely homogenous state. All the Medieval writers were drunk and only the Bulgarian Communist Academia know what they're talking about. Case closed.

shhh
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

Quote Originally Posted by Bagatyr View Post
    Slavs and bulgar minortes.And Bulgarians are sarmato-iranian people they have noting to do with turks.

They never had such names keep your romanian fentasy for you.Vlachs is a turm for nomadic shepards in Moesia that was latter called Vlachiq by the byzantine administration.The turm vlah lasted 20 years and then disapeard.In archeology no trace of ethnic called Vlachs.But plenty bulgarian.In the orthodox sources no mention of vlahs!Only Nikta Honiat that was living in the time when administrativly North Bulgaria was called Vlahiq.And the majority was bulgarians and this is for sure since this is the core of The Furst Bulgarian empire here and in Macedonia the bulgars settle the most.
    Let see what the archeology have to say :
    Seal of Tsar Kaloyan (1197–1207). Inscription in bulgarian language: "+Kaloyan, Tsar of the Bulgarians"(no vlahs)

Kaloyan's ring with bulgarian letters and no sine of vlahs.

Ivan Asen I emperor of bulgarians.(no vlahs)

Ivan Asen II golden coine-Tzar of bulgarians and greeks.( no vlahs)

[spoiler[/spoiler]
    Turnovo inscription of Ivan Asen II

Summer 6739 (from creation of the world, and Christ 1230), 3rd indiction. I Ivan Asen in Christ God faithful emperor and autocrat of the Bulgarians,son of the Old emperor Asen,up from the base and decorated with paintings completely honorable this church in the name of the Holy 40 Martyrs... (no vlahs)

"In summer 6739/1231 / indiction 4 From God vazdignatiy Tsar of the Bulgarians and Greeks put Alexi Sevast and build this city."(no mentin of vlahs )

You don't noting about Bulgaria s history, from IX century slavs and bulgars are one (with the adoption of christian fathe and one slavobulgarian lengueg known also as old bulgarian).
    Asen(not Asan) and Petar as are theyr names in there seals and coins had never wheard such names as Asan and Petru(by the way this names are like names of stinky jepceys ).Also the name of Asen is Belgun witch is clear cuman that meen wised .And Asen is tipical east iranian name .It is mention in Bospor kingdom from second century.

I never say it and they never had such funy names.Vlahs could be bulgarians,serbs ,greeks and meny others this is not a 100 % ethnic turm.

Since when the truth smells bad ?
    And one more thing next time when you speak about me with Carpathian Wolf tell him that when i finish my exams i will continue with him
    have a nice day (or night) romanians
    ye,yes...you are right....about propanda...but in what you wrote
    crap..and propaganda

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian Man View Post
    THIS IS A BALKAN MODE, PEOPLE. We don`t need the Italian Factions! We don`t need Florence, Milan or other Italian faction! THIS IS A BALKAN MODE!
    Transylvania must be a FACTION! Why Transylvania can start by paying tribute to the Kingdom of Hungary? Reapet: THIS IS A BALKAN MODE! We don`t need Italian Factions. Maybe we need only the Papal States...
    Clearly, if there are factions like the Swiss, Florence and Austria: it's NOT a Balkan mod.

It just focuses on South Europe I guess, with particular attention to detail being payed to the Balkan factions. In NO preview has any member of the team ever said: "this is a Balkan mod." You are just imposing your own personal desires for a mod on this one, please stop.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Transilvania was part of Kingdom of Hungary, and so it shall be here
    M2TW cannot represent vassal states, it cant represent that some nobles acted completely independent from their rulers
    accept it or dont, but its the fact and transilvania cannot be a faction

I dont see why are Romanians so unhappy, they alredy have two factions here, Croats only have Ragusa and still dont complain and ask for Croatian faction do it has atleast equal if not greater right than Transilvania

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Transilvania was part of Kingdom of Hungary

I dont see why are Romanians so unhappy, they alredy have two factions here, Croats only have Ragusa and still dont complain and ask for Croatian faction do it has atleast equal if not greater right than Transilvania
    u a right!
    but Croats same was vasal..yes?
    uostalom..... I agree with you....about Transilvania.

But if for example I play with Moldova there is no a peaceful way to unite MOLDOVA,WALACHIA and TRANSILVANIA,I have looked in kalmar union script and it seems that it is imposible to unite peaceful factions so in any case better it will be Hungarian blood on swords of my Moldavian troops then romanian.