Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Voivode of Transylvania

Default Re: Voivode of Transylvania

Do you think they would be looking at adding 'special' buildings and settlement pic for each faction?

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

I don't know you'll have to ask them.

Although there are a lot of new buildings that factions can get, like Apple Farms and Saxon's Quarters.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by stfd View Post
    Do you think they would be looking at adding 'special' buildings and settlement pic for each faction?
    Each faction will have unique buildings and at least a unique city on the strategy map. Not sure what you mean by "settlement pics."

As for the conclusion of this thread I think we decided on "League of Barons." It's a generic name but it also makes it the easiest to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    Each faction will have unique buildings and at least a unique city on the strategy map. Not sure what you mean by "settlement pics."

As for the conclusion of this thread I think we decided on "League of Barons." It's a generic name but it also makes it the easiest to implement.

With regards to the 'settlement pic(s)' ... well how should i explain - ill give you an example.

You know how you get a 'pop-up' once you recruit a unit for the first time? you get that pop up that tells all about it ,stats, etc etc which also has a pic of the particular unit.
    Also, there is the 'pop-up' in game when (for example) the huns/mongols sack a city in their path towards Europe. Or like when a natural disaster takes place there is also a sort of 'pop-up'.

Now my sugestion is to have a similar window coming up once one clicks the settlement in question the first time(as per above) and after that, it could be viewed in the 'settlement details' tab once the tab is opened.
    Along with historical info pertinent to the settlement a nice representative picture could also be added in order to contribute to the atmosphere.

And -that- is the pic i was reffering to.

I don't know about a "settlement pic." Those were not part of the CA code and it could be significant work to make something like this for every settlement. Just the thought of writing a paragraph alone on each of the 50+ provinces on the map seems like a pretty big timesink, I can't imagine coding it.

At some points we have to make a cut-off and decide on what will go in and what won't. I'm not one of the developers so I can't comment concretely, but I think right now we are focusing on more significant aspects of the game... like making a playable version.

okey dokey , how about loading screens ?

Quote Originally Posted by stfd View Post
    okey dokey , how about loading screens ?
    I'm certain we can make these. They don't take too long.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

First of all, great idea for a mod, the balkans really deserve some love

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    To get this thread back on track: there will be at least one shadow faction for Hungary but we haven't decided on the name. A Voivodship of Transylvania is a possibility, but we may need a more general name to encompass all of the different movements of the region. Something like "Estates of Transylvania" or "Transylvanian Nobles" may be better in general... then again, being specific is also very nice.

I disagree with the "Kuruc Forces" idea, because that rebellion was mostly a social uprising. Dozsa never intended to make a new country, only to relieve the burdens of the peasantry. Zapolyai's role as the Voivod of Transylvania was much more significant when it came to establishing a new state within Europe.

Can it be scripted that the shadow faction only appears in a certaion region?

What if this shadow faction called Transylvania spawns at a central hungarian area or Croatia, while Transylvania supports the player?

A more general faction would require less work. In the Anjou/Hunyadi era the most influental and troublesome (from king's PoW) were 'wealthy magnates' 'league of barons' or 'disloyal barons'.

Also, the voivode is just an administrative office, the person is decided by the king. János Szapolyai (from 1526) was ruling as hungarian king not as transylvanian voivode. He also wanted to make his son hungarian king, but during the death of Szapolyai, the Habsburg-party was stronger. His aim was not a new country in Europe, but to reunite the hungarian one - just not with Habsburgs but with Szapolyai offsprings.

edit: sorry, didn't realize that post was 2 weeks old

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post

Can it be scripted that the shadow faction only appears in a certaion region?
    Yes, but then again we cant make 3 shadow factions for 1 faction.

TTW GRANDMASTER

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    Yes, but then again we cant make 3 shadow factions for 1 faction.
    Perfectly understandable, but it would look pretty strange that for example Dalmatia rebels and the shadow faction which appears is Transylvania.

It would be better to have more general one for Hungary (League of magnates or something). Just my :2cents
    Last edited by shikaka; October 14, 2010 at 07:56 AM.

Yes, we already agreed on that.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Wallachian Man's Avatar Laetus

Ye, this is a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian Wolf View Post
    Why not just make a Transilvanian faction and have it start as a vassal of Hungary then? Do we really need something like the Swiss? Or really anything in Italy aside from Venice considering this is a Balkan mod?

If you are wondering how we would differentiate the 3 Romanian principalities on the roster, well it's fairly simple i'd say.

Wallachia = More Byzantine
    Moldova = More Kypchak influences
    Transilvania = More western influences

Of course this isn't historically uniform and this varied depending on the era but it's a good basis.
    Good idea!

So... Transylvania will be a faction or will be a rebel settlement?

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

So... Transylvania will be a faction or will be a rebel settlement?
    It will be hungarian province as it should be .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagatyr View Post
    It will be hungarian province as it should be .
    As it was not as it should be......

why? Because the Hungarians are frustrated and they refuse to accept the Transylvania is not Hungarian land or what?
    I think Transylvania must be a Faction or Rebel Faction, NOT Hungarian province!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian Man View Post
    why? Because the Hungarians are frustrated and they refuse to accept the Transylvania is not Hungarian land or what?
    I think Transylvania must be a Faction or Rebel Faction, NOT Hungarian province!!!
    LOL Historical Revisionism
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian Man View Post
    Please stop talking nationalist stuff here - there is tsardom support group ( social group ).The Tzar will close this tread too !!!
    There wont be faction or rebel faction called Voivode of Transylvania.The reasons are:
    1.There is a big chance the translivlanian rebel to apear elsewhere - like Croatia which was rebel region too.
    2.There were lots of rebel in medieval Hungary and too little faction slots.
    So the hungarian rebel faction will be called something like "hungarian rebel lords" (this isnt the real name but I cant find it ).
    The only factions with shadow factions will be :Hungary-1,Bulgaria-1,Serbia- 1 or 2 and may be the Ottomans.

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

As it was not as it should be......
    Between what you want and the history fackts there are very big difrense .
    The mod starts in 1346.Back then Transilvenia was hungarian like it or not...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: