Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Random unit renders

Default Re: Random unit renders

Thank you for you comment. I will not pretend to be an historian of the era. Zenith darksea is our historian. All i am aware of is that a `horde` of northeners claiming to be the decendants of heracles and with iron weapons invaded and conquered most of greece. Later as far as i`m aware the classic era spartans boasted about being of dorian descent. There are very little records of them and there was nothing to go on historically so the units we have are somewhat fantasy units to fit the more romantic view of barbarians.

Feel free to correct as needed, this is just my basic knowledge,and lik i say i know very little about it.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Yes, the Dorians became the dominant force in the Peloponnese, but not the rest of Greece. Of course they became scattered about somewhat (to Italy, Sicily, Cyrenaeca, Melos and so forth), but you're right in saying that they weren't THE Classical Greeks. I think that whoever made that remark probably meant to say that the Dorians became the Classical Spartans. As for history, we have close to nil to go on for the Dorians except vague myths and traditions handed down in the Classical era which aren't very helpful anyway. We do know however that they were some of the first peoples to use iron weaponry.

As for personal preferences, I think that Dorian Greeks have always been better than the others

Yes..absolutely agree
    Some people said that the Dorian invasion and the cathode of Heracleidae (children of Heracles) is the same...

maybe myrmidon archers??

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    Phthia heavy spears

Myrmidons (Phthia)

this shield issent like the real ones this r the real ones

.-----
    . o
    ) 0 (
    o
    ---

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Sorry, but what you just posted is incomprehensible.

guys will achilles`s armour look different from the other myrmidon armour?.
    ACHILLES

or the helmet i know the body armour is the same
    ACHILLES

Both helmet and armour are different.

Please stop posting the same questions all over our forums. If you have a question please look for the answer and if you can't find it then pm me.

Libertus

are these renders for download?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456