Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.2 (26 Aug 2010) 122 gun first rate added, no mod interference

Alright, I've cleaned things up quite a bit in new version 3.2. Units are now separate from the eyptian campaign, and a 122 gun has been added.

I made the bedouin camel units and mamelukes recruitable at trade port, to represent they need to be shipped in. The mamelukes are also available at level 5 military building. I didn't change any European vanilla unit stats or areas or recruitment, nor did I change the stats on any egyptian campaign units.

BlackMailedAgain may have more units for us from both ETW and M2TW, which would be outstanding. I will update with those when they arrive!

Thanks a lot for feedback, keep it coming.

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.5 (27 Aug 2010) Cemaat Grenadiers added, no mod interference

Just added Cemaat grenadiers from ETW! Also fixed unit sizes and updated UPC 2.64 with the grendiers.

Mamelukes now recuitable by Ottomans in Egyptian campaign.

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.5 (27 Aug 2010) Cemaat Grenadiers added, no mod interference

Quote Originally Posted by md1453 View Post
    Just added Cemaat grenadiers from ETW! Also fixed unit sizes and updated UPC 2.64 with the grendiers.

Mamelukes now recuitable by Ottomans in Egyptian campaign.

Awesome - am looking forward to more units! Would be great to have the Wallachian boyars, bosnian panduks, and heydut irregulars all recruitable in the balkans aswell.

Are camel gunners/camel warriors recruitable for the ottomans in the Egypt campaign aswell?

I think EUE can be used, I will give it a shot today!

The camels have always been recruitable in Bedouin territories.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    Awesome - am looking forward to more units! Would be great to have the Wallachian boyars, bosnian panduks, and heydut irregulars all recruitable in the balkans aswell.

Are camel gunners/camel warriors recruitable for the ottomans in the Egypt campaign aswell?

The Ottomans should be able to recruit camel riders in their own territories aswell so it might be a good idea to make this possible, particularly as they are desparately short of cavalry options in the Egypt campaign. It seems crazy that the French can recruit camel corps and the ottomans can't.

Doesn't appear that we can use the EUE textures, which is too bad.

I'll add the camels to the egyptian campaign next patch. They will be from trade ports, but that isn't a big deal given there are a number of them in the campaign.

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.57(28 Aug 2010) Cemaat Grenadiers and Hand Mortars added, no mod interference

Added hand mortars using the current Beylik Grenadiers skin. Unfortunately CA didn't make the mesh available for the grenade launcher, even though its texture is still there I used a carbine instead and it looks passable, not nearly as cool as the regular grenade launcher though. The unit icon and info card was easy to make, I just cut off the barrel of the musket on the grenadiers in GIMP.

Here are some shots of the grenades in battle. Not deadly but still fun to watch. Some are of a battle for Vienna of all places. . .

Here are the Brits getting it:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Firing for some reason has no smoke, and it didn't in ETW either:
    The blast (simultaneous with mortars and howitzers):

The smoke. . .

Notice the morale of all nearby units

Of course, I also have the uphill advantage here

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.8(29 Aug 2010) more units added, no mod interference

These may be the last units for a while, it is quite time consuming But still fun.

First the Balkan Irregulars are nice and I added the hidden while moving attribute for ambushing. Of course, with white outfits its probably makes hiding tough. . .except in the winter. Can only be recruited in the Balkans and Croatia, but gave them pretty good stats to make up for it!

The Circassian Mounted Swordsman are simply the Siphai with swords, which in turn is a re-skin of the EUE DLC of the Circassian Armoured Cavalry!! So I re-skinned a re-skinned unit. In any case I thought that the Ottomans lacked a heavy cavalry melee unit, so this is it. They should be very similar to cuirassiers, if not quite as high stats as some factions.

All in all I think the Ottomans are quite well rounded now. I am looking forward to BlackMailedAgain getting the Great Cannon and Organ Gun done so we can add them here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by md1453; August 30, 2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.8(29 Aug 2010) more units added, no mod interference

These may be the last units for a while, it is quite time consuming But still fun.

First the Albanian Irregulars are nice and I added the hidden while moving attribute for ambushing. Of course, with white outfits its probably makes hiding tough. . .except in the winter. Can only be recruited in Albania and Croatia, but gave them pretty good stats to make up for it!

The Circassian Mounted Swordsman are simply the Siphai with swords, which in turn is a re-skin of the EUE DLC of the Circassian Armoured Cavalry!! So I re-skinned a re-skinned unit. In any case I thought that the Ottomans lacked a heavy cavalry melee unit, so this is it. They should be very similar to cuirassiers, if not quite as high stats as some factions.

All in all I think the Ottomans are quite well rounded now. I am looking forward to BlackMailedAgain getting the Great Cannon and Organ Gun done so we can add them here.

Great - im looking forward to trying these units out!

Thanks!

These may be the last units for a while, it is quite time consuming But still fun... I am looking forward to BlackMailedAgain getting the Great Cannon and Organ Gun done so we can add them here.

Thanks!
    Time-consuming? Oh yeah!

Life is getting in my way, but I should have some stuff shortly.
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMailedAgain View Post
    Time-consuming? Oh yeah!

Life is getting in my way, but I should have some stuff shortly.
    Ha ha, I'm on vacation and the significant other is working, so I get to spend a bit of time on it. Can't wait to see what you've got.

who wrote that?

Whew, two more units! Heavy Cavalry that are armored, and a Dragoon unit, the Provincial Sipahi. I really thought the Ottomans needed a dragoon unit since I feel they are very useful. Added fire while moving to make them special, let me know how this works. They really didn't have set uniforms since they were regional, so I chose a uniform variant and color I liked.

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.9(30 Aug 2010) even more units added

Just tried out v.3.9 and i love it! Great work guys! theres a few things you might consider for the next version:

1) You should be able to create wallachian boyars from either the Artillary officer (on horseback) template or the janissary grenadier outfits with the artillery style hat. Just changing the colours might suffice.

2) For the Egyptian campaign it would be good for the mameluke faction (and maybe the ottmans aswell) to have some form of melee militia unit to recruit like the fellahin militia that made up a good proportion of the armies that faced the french - maybe using the melee armed populace as a template.

3) Also for the Egyptian campaign, a large proportion of the bedouin units were actually horse cavalry armed with spears (not camel units like CA have made them) and were recruited by both the mamelukes and the Ottomans in the battles against the French. Maybe using the bedouin militia unit as a template and giving them lances might make an interesting and historically accurate unit.

4) Also giving the mamelukes camel units would help make them a better faction in the campaign.

5) Giving the mamelukes carbines would be historically accurate as they were armed with all manner of carbines and pistols and fired them into the enemy before impact. This would also make the mamelukes a stronger and tougher faction to face in the Egypt campaign.

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v3.9(30 Aug 2010) even more units added

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    Just tried out v.3.9 and i love it! Great work guys! theres a few things you might consider for the next version:

1) You should be able to create wallachian boyars from either the Artillary officer (on horseback) template or the janissary grenadier outfits with the artillery style hat. Just changing the colours might suffice.

2) For the Egyptian campaign it would be good for the mameluke faction (and maybe the ottmans aswell) to have some form of melee militia unit to recruit like the fellahin militia that made up a good proportion of the armies that faced the french - maybe using the melee armed populace as a template.

3) Also for the Egyptian campaign, a large proportion of the bedouin units were actually horse cavalry armed with spears (not camel units like CA have made them) and were recruited by both the mamelukes and the Ottomans in the battles against the French. Maybe using the bedouin militia unit as a template and giving them lances might make an interesting and historically accurate unit.

4) Also giving the mamelukes camel units would help make them a better faction in the campaign.

5) Giving the mamelukes carbines would be historically accurate as they were armed with all manner of carbines and pistols and fired them into the enemy before impact. This would also make the mamelukes a stronger and tougher faction to face in the Egypt campaign.
    This is the kind of feedback that makes a mod stronger imho.

1. Great idea, on it now.

2. I will work on that, low priority for egyptian campagin.

3. I didn't know that, will work on it as well eventually.

4. That is easy to implement.

5. Great idea as well, in the next version.

Mostly I'm excited about BlackMailedAgain bringing out the big guns, literally. Hopefully very soon.

This is the kind of feedback that makes a mod stronger imho.

1. Great idea, on it now.

2. I will work on that, low priority for egyptian campagin.

3. I didn't know that, will work on it as well eventually.

4. That is easy to implement.

5. Great idea as well, in the next version.

Mostly I'm excited about BlackMailedAgain bringing out the big guns, literally. Hopefully very soon.

Great! I cant wait for the new update!

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v4(1 Sep 2010) 64 lb great gun added plus other units

Great gun added! Thanks to BlackMailedAgain this has happened! Enough said.

Also, Danova has allowed the use of his Albanian Warband unit from his ETW Ornamentum mod. If you haven't seen it you should check out his outstanding mod work.

The Wallachian Boyars are a WIP from a suggestion by ottomanfan. As he noticed, the uniform is perfect, it is in fact a re-use by CA. The problem is the textures aren't right. For now I'm not going to edit the atlas files and add textures, so this will be it. But in the future that will change.

Aside from the things coming by BlackMailedAgain and perhaps others, my final project is to create an elite infantry unit similar to the young guard (stat wise) for the ottomans. If you have any suggestions about what units were elite and their uniforms, let me know.

Have fun!

Praepositus

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v4 (1 Sep 2010): 64 lb great gun added plus other units

Hi i am you worst nightmare i was urging for ottoman Mode and i am happy to see

One question first why Hayduts get their skirt that have in Empire to be cut in Napoleon love the sipahis lol can you give them an armored offcer ?

For Shaturnal give them Big range and make them use the pike square formation historacally they were used as defense and this would give a smal anticavalry trick

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v4 (1 Sep 2010): 64 lb great gun added plus other units

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Hi i am you worst nightmare i was urging for ottoman Mode and i am happy to see

One question first why Hayduts get their skirt that have in Empire to be cut in Napoleon love the sipahis lol can you give them an armored offcer ?

For Shaturnal give them Big range and make them use the pike square formation historacally they were used as defense and this would give a smal anticavalry trick
    Hi! Glad you like it.

For the Hayduts, I didn't notice any change in the uniform. Is the skirt actually shorter now? If so, some weird things happen transferring from ETW to NTW.

For instance, I couldn't get lances to show up on the old ETW Sipahi's, so I change the name to the Sultan's armored cavalry force (Kapikulu) and gave them swords. The armor is basically identical though, so it is actually nice. And yes, that is a good idea to make their officer armored. Really, all the Sipahi's weren't spearmen anyhow, there was a large variety, so I added the "heavy dragoon" sipahi's to round out the faction.

That is a neat idea for the Shaturnal camels. I will implement it for the next release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Praepositus

Hayduts w0re skirt sin Empire as is realistic in Napoleon that skirt is replaced or disappear

also on circassian since last my last moding attempt resulted in 0 i wish to ask is is possible to change anything on them ?

Cause a circasian should look more like this

meaning the clothes but this i minor lol

For dellis i would suggest turned into Lancers many used lance
    and if possible import the long muskets

i can propose many details if you have problems you may speak to Amir Timur that made ottoman mode for empire he would be happy to help you
    Last edited by jo the greek; September 01, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Hayduts were skirt in Empire as is realistic in Napoleon that skirt is replaced or disappear

also on circassian since last my last moding attempt resulted in 0 i wish to ask is is possible to change anything on them ?

Cause a circasian should look more like this

meaning the clothes but this i minor lol

For dellis i would suggest turned into Lancers many used lance
    and if possible import the long muskets

i can propose many details if you have problems you may speak to Amir Timur that made ottoman mode for empire he would be happy to help you
    We can definitely change the color of the uniform from blue, but not the major changes very easily. Is this the correct time frame? I saw a drawing from Osprey where they were blue, just like CA's version. Likely different regions and units had different uniforms.

I definitely wanted to make a Dehli Lancer unit, you verified my idea. They have two heavy cav lancers, so need a light lancer as well. Also going to give the mamelukes faction lancers as per ottomanfan's suggestion.

Did the shaturnal camels use rifles or muskets? I used carbines for the mounted units, but did they really use long muskets?

Amir Timur is going to start up another realism mod and we can help each other out I think

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast