Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

Default Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v5 (8 May 2011): agents only mod added

This mod adds units to the Ottoman faction during the European campaign. Some are vanilla units from Egyptian campaign, and most are added from elsewhere (ETW and NTW variants). Since the Ottomans are pretty thin during the European campaign this is needed. It also allows spawning of assassins and scholars, which caused lots of problems in gameplay.

Infantry:
    The lack of decent infantry for the Ottomans has been corrected with the Provincial Nizam at the second military building. Also added are Cemaat grenadiers from ETW, available at first building if you want to mount an offense early. The Balkan Irregulars are nice for light infantry tactics and ambushes. I just had to add Hand Mortars, and the grenades are impressive graphically in NTW See update log and posts for more units.

Cavalry:
    I put unit caps on all the camel units; it just seemed the right thing to do. Also unit caps on Mamelukes, which are quite nice cavalry. Makes them special. The Ottomans needed a nice heavy cavalry melee unit, so I re-used the Sipahi (which CA re-used from ETW EUE DLC ) and created the Circassian Mounted Swordsman. See update log and posts for more.

Artillery:
    Great Gun Added with much help from BlackMailedAgain! This is a great unit, although fixed it has long range and massive firepower. The low velocity of rounds gives a trajectory that arcs over obstacles. Have fun!

Naval:
    I also added the trade ship Dhow for the Ottomans, otherwise your economy will die quickly. The Ottomans start with 2 bomb ketches, but can't recruit them even though they have their own model. Added that as well. They also had some big ships of the line, so I added a 122 gun first rate for them.

Building:
    Added the last building in the happiness/culture chain as a separate file, the Nur-u Osmaniye mosque. It adds global bonuses to happiness, which is much needed in the campaign.

You will also need a startpos mod to use these units in the campaign, I recommend Napoleon Total Factions.

UPDATE LOG

UPDATE v2: now scholars and assassins spawn as normal, thanks to BlackMailedAgain. Added mamelukes, bomb ketch, and steam paddle frigate.
    UPDATE v3.2: 122 gun added, units recruit from the proper places, and no more mod interference. Requires UPC 2.64 to see unit some new units names, attached below.
    UPDATE v3.5: unit sizes fixed to vanilla, mamelukes recruitable in egyptian campaign, new unit Cemaat grenadiers added from ETW.
    UPDATE v3.7: Added Hand Mortars, unit icons fixed to NTW format, made camels recruitable in Egyptian campaign, other small changes since forgotten.
    UPDATE v3.8: Added Balkan Irregulars and Circassian Mounted Swordsman, fixed unit information text for each individual unit
    UPDATE v3.9: Added Kapikulu Ulufeciler Armoured Cav and Provincial Sipahi, fixed some uniform colors, added text, other forgotten changes
    UPDATE v4: Added 64lbr Great Cannon with help of BlackMailedAgain! Also added Albanian Warband by Danova and a WIP Wallachian Boyars. Some small stat changes and other modifications.
    UPDATE v4.6: Added Elite Nizam and Sebkan Janissaries, as well as Deli Lancers. Numerous other small changes from tips by ottomanfan and jo the greek.
    UPDATE v4.9: Whew. Many units added and WIPs, and Organ Gun from BlackMailedAgain! Also, some stat changes and cost changes as well. Uniforms of elite nizam and hand mortars (now with grenadelauncher model!) modified. Names in mod changed to facilitate modding, may cause crashing in some saved games. UPC 2.65 created.
    UPDATE v5: Added 3-lber horse artillery, numerous naval vessels added including 11 named ships via research by BlackMailedAgain and Iutland in Naval Supremacy Mod, and standard bearers, buglers and drummers look better now (imho).(small edit 13 Sep 2010, naval stats closer to vanilla)
    UPDATE (17 APR 2011): Added file that gives access to prestige building Nur-u Osmaniye Mosque
    UPDATE (3 MAY 2011): Added mod that spawns agents without units.

I. Units
    A. Land

• Camel Warriors and Gunners*: Recruitable at trade ports
    • Shaturnal Camel Gunners*: Recruitable at military buildings
    • Provincial Nizam [European Provincial Nizam]: Recruitable at military buildings
    • Palestinian Auxiliaries [Provincial Auxiliaries]: Recruitable at all military and civil buildings
    • Libyan Bedouin [Bedouin Warriors]: Recruitable at all military and civil buildings.
    • Mamelukes*: Recruitable at trade ports and 5th military building
    • Cemaat Janissary Grenadiers: Recruitable at all military buildings
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    • Beylik Janissary Hand Mortars*: Recruitable in 3,4,5 Military buildings
    • Balkan Irregulars: Recruitable from all military buildings in the Balkans and Croatia
    • Circassian Mounted Swordsman: Recruitable in 3,4,5 military buildings.
    • Kapikulu Ulufeciler Armoured Cavalry: Recruitable at 4 and 5 military building.
    • Provincial Sipahi: Recruitable 3,4,5 military buildings.
    • Wallachian Boyars* (WIP): Definitely work in progress, uniform right, textures wrong. Good cav unit.
    • Albanian Warband (courtesy of Danova from his spectacular ETW Ornamentum unit pack): Recruitable in all military buildings in Balkans.
    • 64lbr Great Cannon (credits to BlackMailedAgain for much help with this): Recruitable in last two artillery builldings. Awesome firepower.
    • Deli Lancers: Recruitable in 2 to 5 military building.
    • Elite Nizam-I Cedit Infantry*(Elite unit): Recuitable in 4,5 military building
    • Sekban Janissary Grenadiers* (Elite unit) and Musketeers: Grenadiers at 4,5 and Musketeers at 3,4,5 military buildings.
    • Organ Gun*: (from BlackMailedAgain). Recruitable at 4,5 artillery building
    • Cemaat Janissary Musketeers: Recruitable at all military buildings.
    • Dervishes: Recruitable in all military buildings
    • Marine Blunderbuss Gunners* and Marines*: Recruitable at 2 and 3 Military ports.
    • Tatars (WIP): Recruitable at all military buildings. Definitely a WIP, needs lots of work.
    • Solaks*: Recruitable at number 5 military building.
    • 3-lber Horse Artillery (6-lber stats for now): Recruitable at 4 and 5 Artillery buildings.

* recruitment limits
    [ ] = renamed unit
    B. Naval

• Ottoman Dhow trade ship: Recruitable at trade ports
    • Bomb Ketch (the Ottoman faction already has one)
    • Steam Paddle Frigate
    • 122 gun over first rate: Recruitable at 3rd naval port
    • 74 gun Ship of the Line
    • 24 Gun Frigate
    • Carronade Frigate
    • 38 Gun Frigate
    • 11 Named ships from research by BlackMailedAgain and Naval Supremacy Mod (but with vanilla stats slightly modified instead of their massive overhaul)

C. Nur-u Osmaniye Mosque

Final building in the happiness/culture chains. Adds global bonuses to happiness.

II. Known issues

• Some names changed within mod to make organization easier, could cause CTD's in old save games. Let me know.
    • You will need to download the UPC from here to make unit names and descriptions visible.

III. To do

• Let me know if there are other naval or land units that should be added.
    • any stat changes that you think might be useful/needed
    • Thanks for all the input so far.

IV. Installation
    Startpos Mod
    You will need a startpos mod to make the Ottomans playable. Napoleon Total Factions by husserlTW is nice: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=357320
    Extraction and Running

To install:
    Unpack the file contents of mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v5.pack.7z into your Steam Nap Total War folder. Mine is at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data

The important part is the folder napoleon total war/data, and the new file from the 7z (7zip) should be mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v5.pack.

There are two ways to activate the mod:

1. To use the mod manager, which is by far the easiest. It is at the link given above. All you have to do is extract the files, start it up and check the mods that you want to use.
    2. To manually do it, you will need to update your scripts. Mine is found at:

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

but it can vary depending on your OS between Windows 7, Vista, and XP, and the AppData folder is hidden by default and needs to be revealed. If not already there you create a text file called user.script.txt and insert the text

mod "mod_ottoman_campaign_mod_v5.pack";

and then be sure to save in unicode or it won't work.
    Nur-u Osmaniye Mosque To add the Nur-u Osmaniye Mosque do the exact same steps just change to mod_fifth_ottoman_building.pack
    agents only mod To add the agents only mod do the exact same steps just change to mod_ottoman_agents_only_mod_v1.pack

UPC (Unit Names)
    Napoleon total war has one file that contains all unit names, and Swiss halberdier has been kind enough to maintain the list for all mods called the UPC.

Just place the content of the UPC in your data folder. It is not in mod format so doesn't need to be added to the scripts. Also, erase the older version if you have it in there.

LINK TO UNITS: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4165

VII. Thanks

CONTRIBUTOR: BlackMailedAgain for mod correcting scholar spawning (or lack thereof) and massive help on artillery transfers from ETW to NTW, research on Ottoman Navy ships, and of course for the Organ Gun.

Danova for his Albanian Warband unit.
    ltchambers, erasmus77 for mod manager and pack file manager
    swiss halberdier for his UPC
    husserlTW for the NTF mod and modding tips
    maxsim666 for tutorial on transferring ETW units to NTW
    Iutland for research in Naval Supremacy Mod
    ottomanfan, amir timur, and jo the greek for suggestions and tips.
    Many others for modding tutorials and CA for the great game.

Ottoman Music mod by BlackMailedAgain at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388266
    Last edited by md1453; March 04, 2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: fixed link to units

Default Re: Ottoman units (plus tech upkeep fix)

Excellent stuff! Can you add Mameluke cavalry to the ottoman recruitment rosters in Egypt and Europe? Historically they did recruit them for their armies at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    Excellent stuff! Can you add Mameluke cavalry to the ottoman recruitment rosters in Egypt and Europe? Historically they did recruit them for their armies at the time.
    Excellent idea!

I've discovered the fix for the lack of scholars and assassins, from BlackMailedAgain. In my next update I will add that and the mamelukes. Probably put a unit cap of 10 or so on them, make them special.

Just added the mamelukes, and now assassins and scholars will spawn.

I also added a few ships, since this is a game and we can do the research, why not make the steam paddle frigate available I say!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents, v2 (25 Aug 2010)

Great mod mate!! can i add this mod to my "Nappy All In One Mod"?? all credits will be given to you, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by md1453 View Post
    Just added the mamelukes, and now assassins and scholars will spawn.

I also added a few ships, since this is a game and we can do the research, why not make the steam paddle frigate available I say!

Great idea and they also had a reputation for building some very large ships of the line so maybe giving them 122 gun 1st rates aswell might be a good idea! Im looking forward to starting another campaign as the ottomans soon with your fantastic mod!

Just tried the mod and the mameluke cavalry doesnt appear to be recruitable anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Great mod mate!! can i add this mod to my "Nappy All In One Mod"?? all credits will be given to you, thanks
    Thanks! Yes, that would be fine but you may want to wait until its past beta. Right now it over writes the egyptian campaign units so that would be a problem.

Great idea and they also had a reputation for building some very large ships of the line so maybe giving them 122 gun 1st rates aswell might be a good idea! Im looking forward to starting another campaign as the ottomans soon with your fantastic mod!
    Oh, I wanted to hear that. 122 guns are in then

Just tried the mod and the mameluke cavalry doesnt appear to be recruitable anywhere.
    That is odd, since I'm playing with them right now in a campaign! Do you have any other mods running? There could be a conflict, or maybe I uploaded the wrong file. I'll check.

n Just tried the mod and the mameluke cavalry doesnt appear to be recruitable anywhere.
    I just checked and it is definitely there, but you may have a conflict with another mod. What other mods are you using? In the future I am going to customize the units for this mod, so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Right now I've turned off all other unit pack mods while playing this one.
    EDIT: Also, the name of the file was changed to v2, so you need to change that in the scripts as well. If the other ships aren't visible that is definitely the problem.
    How should I modify the stats on their 122's? Were they bad sailors? Good/bad crews? Any info is good.
    Last edited by md1453; August 26, 2010 at 09:20 AM.

I just checked and it is definitely there, but you may have a conflict with another mod. What other mods are you using? In the future I am going to customize the units for this mod, so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Right now I've turned off all other unit pack mods while playing this one.
    EDIT: Also, the name of the file was changed to v2, so you need to change that in the scripts as well. If the other ships aren't visible that is definitely the problem.
    How should I modify the stats on their 122's? Were they bad sailors? Good/bad crews? Any info is good.

The only mod i had working along with yours was NTF - i have some other unit packs in my data folder but i wasnt using them at the time. The script is V2 aswell. I wil try again in a bit.

The ottomans had a decent navy tradition and a highly capable navy when led well but like their army at the time, it had seen an element of neglect and decline due to lack of funding, modernisation and organisation. Ithink they gained some victories over the Russian Fleet during the period.

Excellent work. FWIW, I am working on adding the Ottoman Great Cannon and the Organ gun to the listing, but I have to do some more work on the process. I have also combined your Ottoman mod with the other Ottoman troops in my [personal mod]. There were duplications, of course, but it's nice to see someone else taking an interest in this faction. The roster is at 20 land units, and I will add some more as I have time.

I have attached a copy of my working otto_mod.pack for anyone's use. Bear in mind, this is a working copy and may not be perfect. It is my hope others will use this as a base to create more playability to the Ottoman faction and that md1453 will use it to further his efforts. You do not need my permission to use this mod.

Edit:
    Credits are given to all those who offered modding tutorials.
    To md1453 for providing much impetus to posting this. Is mod is here.
    To Toon for making a wonderful All in One mod.
    To KUNGFUSERGE and panzerschreck for their Khartum mod.
    LtChambers and alpaca for their tools DBEditor, Pack File Manager and Mod Manager
    Erasmus777, husserlTW, The Vicar for contiuned work on PFM
    husserlTW for his Balkans mod

Apologies to any I have forgotten or mislabeled

The plan is to port units from m2tw and other sources over the next few days (hopefully).

Installation

Unpack the file contents of otto.mod_v2.pack.rar into your data folder.

win7 - DRIVE_LETTER\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war data

Either use modmanager or manually update your scripts file found at (win7):

If no scripts file is present create a text file (on notepad or similar program) called user.script.txt and insert the text - mod "otto_mod.pack"
    (note: there is no semi-colon after pack" - no idea why...try it both ways)

Save in unicode format

Play
    Last edited by BlackMailedAgain; August 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Credits
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

I tried the game again and there is definitely no mameluke cavalry and no dhow trade ship either.

I tried the game again and there is definitely no mameluke cavalry and no dhow trade ship either.
    That is very strange, as I am playing now with the same mod with all the units. Are the only units not showing up the Mamelukes and the Dhow? What about the others?

I wonder if anybody else has got all the units showing. . .

EDIT: Would you give BlackMailedAgain's mod and see if it works? His is the same but he added the unit stats into the mod as well.

Excellent work. FWIW, I am working on adding the Ottoman Great Cannon and the Organ gun to the listing, but I have to do some more work on the process. I have also combined your Ottoman mod with the other Ottoman troops in my [personal mod]. There were duplications, of course, but it's nice to see someone else taking an interest in this faction. The roster is at 20 land units, and I will add some more as I have time.

I have attached a copy of my working otto_mod.pack for anyone's use. Bear in mind, this is a working copy and may not be perfect. It is my hope others will use this as a base to create more playability to the Ottoman faction and that md1453 will use it to further his efforts. You do not need my permission to use this mod.

Edit:
    LtChambers and alpaca for their tools DBEditor, Pack File Manager and Mod Manager

The plan is to port units from m2tw and other sources over the next few days (hopefully).
    Awesome, I would love to have more units. My campaign is very fun right now with the Ottomans.

EDIT: Since you have already written down all the unit stats this will save me A LOT of time to make it compatible with the egyptian campaign.
    Last edited by md1453; August 26, 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMailedAgain View Post

Edit:

Installation

Unpack the file contents of otto.mod_v2.pack.rar into your data folder.

win7 - DRIVE_LETTER\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war data

Either use modmanager or manually update your scripts file found at (win7):

If no scripts file is present create a text file (on notepad or similar program) called user.script.txt and insert the text - mod "otto_mod.pack"
    (note: there is no semi-colon after pack" - no idea why...try it both ways)

Save in unicode format

Play
    Ok so is this the final working Version then??

Ok so is this the final working Version then??
    Not yet, we still have some work to do, given someone is having problems with recruitment of units designated to the trade port. We also are going to add more units if BlackMailedAgain makes them!

Not yet, we still have some work to do, given someone is having problems with recruitment of units designated to the trade port. We also are going to add more units if BlackMailedAgain makes them!
    Ok mate, I will put on hold you mod for now to launch in All In one mod untill you get it right, thanks and well done again

Ok mate, I will put on hold you mod for now to launch in All In one mod untill you get it right, thanks and well done again
    Great, I'll PM you when we get it done. My estimate is a couple of days.

Very optimistic!

I am going to send all my updates through you and you can put them in your mod as you see fit.

I have heard there is a life outside of NTW... I think I might try it.
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

Thanks mate

Very optimistic!

I am going to send all my updates through you and you can put them in your mod as you see fit.

Yeah, someone too told me that too!!
    These friggin mods can take over your life!!

Very optimistic!

Yes, but in that life one doesn't get to lead massive armies that over run continents

Looking forward to the great gun and other units. This should be a nice mod in the end.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast