Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MAGYAR MOD 2.16 Download and description

Default Re: MAGYAR MOD 2.15 RELEASED

what is CoAs?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

There was an error in the 2.15 patch, I uploaded again.

Coat of Arms.

Hello Csatadi, did you remove 2.15 again? I only see 2.14 on the main page?

EDIT: Sorry, just checked again and the link was there...don't know why I didn't pay attention the first time I checked...sometimes one can overlook the most obvious things :p

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Title edited. Thanks.

hope the mods progressing well, any new updates on your progress?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I'm planning some update in the summer.

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Hey there Magyar mod developers! Üdvözlet és hódolat a Magyar mod zseniális készítőinek!
    Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for your work and congratulate you on the success of the Mohács video you guys created, splendid work there. Just wanted to ask: are you familiar with DoTS? I've heard one of the MM members, Dome is working with them on Hungarian skins and the like. DoTS being the first historically accurate mod on all fronts for Medieval 2, I'm wondering how well is Hungary going to be represented? Are you guys collaborating with them to the extent of including all textures/work/data from Magyar mod into DoTS? Also, is Dome the only member working on DoTS? The end result could achieve the goals Magyar mod was striving to achieve, the best historical simulation of Medieval hungary (with the surrounding factions being represented truthfully and historically aswell not just the Magyar királyság).

Sorry about all the questions regarding DoTS, I'd like to give my thanks yet again and best wishes to all the Magyar mod members.
    After MM I couldn't touch vanilla again with it's Battlefield Assasins and other associated nonsense. I wonder how much research the Creative Assembly made on Hungary...

- Cheers
    Minden jót!
    ~ Diodredai

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Hehe

Dome is from the Magyar Mod team bro.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post
    I've heard one of the MM members, Dome is working with them on Hungarian skins and the like.
    ~ Diodredai
    Hence why I wrote "one of the MM(Magyar Mod) members. Currently we only have 2 active Hungarian members in the DotS dev. team, Kiskompi (lead Kingdom of Hungary PSF researcher, and myself assistant PSF researcher).

One a sidenote, could you perhaps advise where I could get census data on Medieval hungary that you used for Magyar mod Csatádi?

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Hi,
    Good work with DoTS!
    Kristó surely wrote something about the demography in the Árpád era. I cannot tell you authors about the 14-15th centuries.

Max-Scribe's Avatar Libertus
    the People's Republic of China (PRC)-Guangdong province

Handsome model!
    Welcome to the QQ group "Anno Domini 600 : Continental Hegemony" (137238345), talking about the modification all together.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=497805

Tiro

How are the cavalry rooster going ? Long time ago i saw a update on them. Can you guys mabey show one new unit? Mabey Royal Banderium or how you spell it:p

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

I put the mod, the update and the english language files in the game's folder (steam version). I then added it with Kingdoms launcher App and it used kingdoms' exe and Magyar_Mod2.cfg, but when I start a custom battle or campaign the game crashes. How do I fix this? I'd really like to play this mod.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Steam isn't userfriendly with mods.

Choose one kingdoms campaign you don't play. For example Crusades.
    Go the mtw 2/mods/Crusades folder. Delete or move its content.
    Go in the mtw2/mods/Magyar_mod folder. copy its content into the Crusades folder
    Do the same with the patches in the right order. (you did already it when installed the mod)
    There are some other files you have to copy in the right folder. for example into the mtw2/data folder (I suppose they are in the right place because you unzipped the mod)

You may start the mod with the Crusades icon. You may change its name and the icon picture.

Without having a steam copy trying myself I cannot guarantee this would work.

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

Sorry for the late reply, sadly that didn't work. Maybe I should invest in a retail copy of Medieval II and Kingdoms.

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

I never really figured out how Magyar Mod was setup with the different folders and stuff, so using the steam version didn't work for me either. However, I invested some time into learning about how to install new units manually into the game, and I was able to put the new Hungarian units in my game. I don't have the new campaign map or anything, but the units are worth it.

hi

i start the mod than in the loading screen the game is crash... no error massage nothing.. what is the prob?

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Did you follow the installation instructions? How did you install the mod and are you using steam?

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

I don't know if You are still working on this mod, but I would like to suggest 2 things (I play 2.14):

1. remove "free upkeep in cities" trait from militia
    - the AI doesn't use them, and doesn't fill up the cities with free upkeep militia as the player does! So the player has an unnecessary advantage.
    - this way the player would recruit enough cheap militia so that his cities don't rebel and that's it, I think it would be realistic
    It is like this in Broken Crescent and Bellum Crucis and works very well!

2. the fortress event is a bit of a problem for me. When fortresses are available, I usually don't have that much money, and when I save up enough $$$, the plague comes so I cannot fulfill the population requirement. This is quite problematic as the feudal units expire and I don't have the fortress ready to produce the new units.
    I think reducing the population requirement for a fortress would work, it has a time limit anyway...

Smaller suggestions,
    what about enabling:
    - "plant stakes" ability for artillery or siege engines?
    - public bath building for Russia (sauna)?
    - an other tier to the mine after gunpowder event?
    what about:
    - making alcoholic trait less frequent (you get it if you stay in a city with a tavern. It is not fun moving every FM in and out every turn)

In general I don't think that pre-gunpowder field artillery was common, I can think of only the mongols who used catapults (at Muhi) in field battle, in 1241.
    What about deleting the siege factory altogether, and making the pre-gunpowder siege engines recruitable on field as mercenery units? (I think that simulates the best what happened: building them on the spot)
    Last edited by shikaka; July 11, 2012 at 03:17 AM.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I think the free upkeep ability is good because it encourages the player to keep militia units in cities. The only unit from which I might consider to remove it is cavalry militia because it is not a basic unit.
    In addition removing this trait would reduce the player's bugdet even more. I think it is low enough.

The fortress time limit is 1190. So it has nothing to do with the plagues. Does it appear anyway? When?
    Even the citadel limit is set to 1320 and not later.

I will consider to modify the alcoholic triggers. The intention was there must be some alcoholic generals and those who don't get the trait at all regardless if they are in a city with tavern a lot. If it doesn't work this way it needs to be changed.

I think the rest wouldn't add much to the game. Making the siege engines to be mercenary would mean the AI wouldn't make any of them. Or do you have good experiences with other mods? Especially on the side of the AI. Making additional mercenary siege engines might be a good idea in this case.

The AI doesn't use the plant stakes ability so it would be just a favor for the player.